KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roehl Transport

Engaged Employer

Roehl Transport

Add a Review

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "pay"

Updated Jun 14, 2022

Found 120 of over 415 reviews

3.6
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Training was good theybreally work with you if you are struggling in certain aspects(in 26 reviews)
  • "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go.(in 14 reviews)
  • "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery(in 12 reviews)
  • "The good people that work there are great.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Excellent training program and get paid to get your CDL(in 10 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company.(in 30 reviews)
  • "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number(in 8 reviews)
  • "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Many of the planners and fleet managers don't seem to know or care about you or their jobs.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "pay"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 1.0

Not at all as promised

Jun 22, 2019 - Class A Truck Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Interesting freight Routes off the beaten path

Cons

Not enough miles management doesn't care about drivers Leave you stranded (unpaid) at truck stops on weekends Managers tell untruths Overrated driver training program. ($7000 is absurd!) (Drivers:look at Schneider. Cheaper and better pay!) No personal conveyance when they strand you! Forced freight.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0

So far so good

Mar 6, 2020 - Driver in Appleton, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Starting phase 2 is training soon. CDL training was great, good accomodations and instruction, nice equipment and clear expectations

Cons

Pay is lower than I'm used to but it is paid training so I can't complain. I am concerned about getting terminated and having to pay $7k or there not being enough miles to make a living.

Roehl Transport Response

I don’t know how far along in the training process you are. My recommendation is to give yourself time and focus on learning the job. If you are concerned about your abilities or have other concerns, we have a ton of resources to help you be successful.

3. 4.0

WOW DROP IN PAY

Dec 23, 2020 - OTR Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

God equipment. Excellent staff/maintenance. Good starter company

Cons

I’ve been with the company for a year. I was told when I started that there wasn’t a sign-on bonus so didn’t expect anything. Starting pay was .475 cpm ok I thought. For the most part throughout the year I felt that I had done fairly well. Pay kept going up throughout the year clear up to .535 cpm..ok felt kinda proud then my first year anniversary came and BOOM my pay dropped to .46 cpm. I’m making less than what I started at! Pretty upset. I’ve tried so so hard to be my best and do my best. No I’m not perfect. I have hiccups. Don’t know where I’m going to go with this.......Hmmmmm is all I can think at the moment. And possibly see a new job search could be coming. So disappointed. I really liked this company.

Roehl Transport Response

Hi. First, thank you for being a member of TeamRoehl. Second, I encourage you to connect with your Fleet Manager or Fleet Operations Manager to develop a plan for your success. I know we communicate our Pay Accelerators in our offer letters and on our website, and I’d also like to recap what they are and why we offer them. The cents per mile you reference is meant as a) sign-on pay (which is better than a sign-on bonus because you get the money as you drive the miles rather than waiting for the bonus payout) and b) transition pay to help you transition to our team. At Roehl, we have a performance-based pay system that rewards high producers. As you learn our system, you have the opportunity to increase your pay earn based on your performance. That’s why I recommend connecting with your fleet manager – because I’m certain he or she wants you to be successful!

4. 3.0
    Former Employee

OTR Driver

Sep 30, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The solitude and the scenery

Cons

The pay is poor for novices and the hour are long

Marketing & Communications Manager

I hope that you take the training you received and, if you are still driving, you are protecting others using the Roehl Way. Thank you for sharing your feedback.

5. 5.0

Excellent Company

Nov 5, 2019 - OTR Driver Trainer in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent equipment, communication with fleet managers excellent, hardly any downtime. Respectful of requests to avoid NYC (I understand it's only a request). Wonderful home time very flexible. CDL training was excellent. Roehl has kept.every promise they have made to me thus far and I've honored my end as well.

Cons

Overall pay is kinda low

19 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your review with us. We will be sharing your words with the team!

6. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great training

May 9, 2018 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Roehl’s training is among the best. You get paid while you’re trained in their get your CDL program. The instructors actually care about your progress and will bend over backwards to help you. It is a very fast program so you have to be a fast learner. You’re on the hook for $7k so you need to be sure you can do the job for over a year. I was a van national driver for 15 months and was very happy with my miles and paychecks. If you show your fleet manager you are reliable and manage your time you will get the good loads. I was home very consistently on day 12 or 13 and always got 3 days off. It was so consistent I could plan events around when I would get home without even checking with my fleet manager. ( although you should let them know if you have something important you need to be home for)

Cons

The starting pay is decent but it caps out fairly low. It’s a good company for starting but may not be for the long run. The equipment is well taken care of but you’ll get the base model tractor without many features. No refrigerators, no standard inverter. If you want an inverter installed you have to pay for one of theirs and it will only run for 2 hours until it is off for 10.

10 people found this review helpful

Marketing & Communications Manager

Thank you for the feedback.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Experienced drivers beware

Oct 15, 2017 - Driver in Neenah, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good equipment. Good maintenance staffs. Nice facilities.

Cons

Very poor dispatching and customer service. Appointment times and dates are wrong over and over again. Very low driver productivity/ pay due to these basic dispatching and customer service issues. Fleet managers not driver focused. Management seems to have a 'don't care attitude' about on-time customer service or driver productivity. I think maybe they make their money training new drivers and that is their primary focus.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Permits

Sep 29, 2016 - Permit Specialist in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I get guaranteed full time hours and work overtime when busy. pay is good and the co-workers are great.

Cons

organization and SOP can be better.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 2.0
    Current Employee

poor management

Oct 6, 2020 - Diesel Technician in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

good pay and laid back

Cons

you have no opinion on anything

1 person found this review helpful
  10. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starter comoany. Pay is dismal

Nov 21, 2014 - Ded GP Driver in Ellenwood, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good equipment, good training, gets me home pretty much on time when I ask. Pay is on time.

Cons

Nit enough miles. Planning is iffy at best. Get decent check one week then bad one the next. Work way too many hours for too little pay 50 dollars is a slap in the face for the utter bs we have to go thru to do business in Canada. Weekend dispatch sucks. Gary terminal service is aweful. Pay per mile is rediculous for work performed and hours to perform it. Love the job but cant afford the insurance and cant make my bills at this pay rate. Binuses are a joke and unobtainable. They solit hairs over detention and layiver oay. No wonder they cant keep folk

6 people found this review helpful