Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "training program"
66% would recommend to a friend
(19 total reviews)
75% approve of CEO
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "The phase 1 training, out of the Appleton, WI terminal, was great." (in 33 reviews)
- "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go." (in 15 reviews)
- "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery" (in 14 reviews)
- "Better work environment, people are more friendly and personal" (in 11 reviews)
- "Great Training program." (in 10 reviews)
- "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company." (in 38 reviews)
- "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number" (in 11 reviews)
- "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive." (in 9 reviews)
- "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal." (in 9 reviews)
- "Many of the planners and fleet managers don't seem to know or care about you or their jobs." (in 6 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.
Found 19 of over 503 reviews
Updated Nov 15, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "training program"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Mar 17, 2020OTR Company DriverCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Excellent training program and get paid to get your CDL
Away from family a lot1Roehl Transport Response4y
Thank you for the feedback and for being my teammate. When you are first starting out in the trucking business, home time and working can be a balancing act. It’s a challenge many drivers face. Roehl offers many home weekly or dedicated opportunities across the country. You can use the My Roehl App to see what is available.
- 1.0Jun 22, 2019Class A Truck DriverCurrent Employee, less than 1 year
Interesting freight Routes off the beaten path
Not enough miles management doesn't care about drivers Leave you stranded (unpaid) at truck stops on weekends Managers tell untruths Overrated driver training program. ($7000 is absurd!) (Drivers:look at Schneider. Cheaper and better pay!) No personal conveyance when they strand you! Forced freight.4
- 1.0Jul 19, 2020Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Good training program for beginners
They will fire you for no reasonRoehl Transport Response4y
You are correct that Roehl has great training for those just starting out in the trucking industry, however we’re also a destination for experienced truck drivers. In addition to pay, equipment and home time, experience drivers tell us they like the many opportunities with different fleets and divisions, home time (like home week regional jobs and increasing more home daily local jobs) as well as jobs outside of the truck. While I do not have any specifics about your situation, I know that not everyone gets to be a member of TeamRoehl. If you are uncertain as to why, I encourage you to contact our employee relations manager.
- 3.0Oct 22, 2017Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee, less than 1 yearAppleton, WI
The "Get Your CDL" program is a good way to break into the trucking industry for a young person who has no experience.
An apparent lack of communication between departments. I was not told of a problem with my DOT medical card until I was 3 weeks into the training program. The Safety Department invalidated my card, so I lost valuable training time and failed my CDL test. I don't know if my card is valid, so I don't know that I qualify any more. In the meantime, I am being told that I owe them for the training program.4
- 1.0Feb 2, 2023Class A Truck DriverFormer Contractor, less than 1 year
Training is OKay. Instructors were okay.
The pay is low for the industry. They force you into a contract to 'cover the cost of the 'free training'' They then actively try to find anything they can to fire you before you complete the terms of the contract to force you to repay the $7000 that they claim is the tuition cost. Most other cdl training programs run around $2000. Out of the 12 of us that went through the training program a year later, only 2 are still working for the company. That stat they hide very well from new employees.
- 5.0Oct 28, 2020DriverCurrent Employee
Great GYCDL training program and Instructors.
Length of the training contractRoehl Transport Response4y
Thanks for the glowing review! We truly appreciate the wonderful feedback. It's great to have you on TeamRoehl.
- 3.0May 14, 2012Truck DriverFormer EmployeeMarshfield, WI
For the most part Roehl has been a decent company, they are mostly by the book and their trucks are specked out like other big companies and they are well maintained trucks. The miles can range from 2400 -3300 a week. Its a great place to start. They have the best training program available as far as getting your CDL in Marshfield. The driver trainers range from crazy to decent people.
Well the worst thing I can say is that Roehl has decided on putting cameras in the trucks to monitor the drivers and the road directly in front of them and for me it was a pain from day one. I was told not to prop my foot up while driving, wear my seat belt at all times even in a parking lot behind the wheel while sliding tandems. I was also told not to use my hands free Bluetooth while driving at all. The camera normally catches bits and pieces of certain things and sends it to them. It records all the time so it can back track 15 seconds before an event to send that clip. These are things that activate the camera - slow down not hard but at a decent rate, you speed up to fast, the truck rocks to hard, if you move in your seat like to reach for something, also if you cover it up (it has sound). The fleet managers range from very good to very bad. Some don't like picking up the phones and some have poor planning skills. Maintenance is decent but some of the maintenance people treat you like you an idiot or slow or something it can be annoying.10
- 3.0Aug 8, 2023Truck DriverCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearAppleton, WI
Very good starter company if you're looking for a great training program to grt your CDL and learn how to drive safely.
Like most, have to prove that you're worth the money so pay wise isn't that good if you have experience.1Roehl Transport Response4mo
Roehl’s a great place to start and to achieve 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or even 6 million safe miles!
- 3.0Aug 20, 2019Driver TrainerCurrent Employee, more than 10 years
Great Training program. Good starting wage.Diverse in Fleets and driving opportunities. Overall respectful to drivers and their needs.
Once you are there for a while,there are NO incentives to stay.No extra pay for longevity.No extra pay for being a million mile safe driver.Absolutely No Incentives to stay once you reach top pay on their scale.They do Everything for the brand new driver and Nothing to those who have been loyal to the company.5
- 5.0Aug 13, 2019OTR Flatbed Driver TrainerCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearPass Christian, MS
Proven solid training program. Diverse markets and fleets so you can find a fit. Solid support personnel
Truck driving is not as easy as most think. Not for those who lack the growth mindset. Not for slackersRoehl Transport Response5y
We are over the moon to receive your review! Thanks so much for your kind words. We will share them with the team. It's a pleasure to have you as part of TeamRoehl!