KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roehl Transport

Engaged Employer

Roehl Transport

Add a Review

Roehl Transport Employee Reviews about "training program"

Updated Feb 24, 2021

Found 11 of over 419 reviews

3.6
Roehl Transport CEO Rick Roehl
Rick Roehl

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great training especially in Marshfield.(in 28 reviews)
  • "If you have a good fleet manager you're good to go.(in 15 reviews)
  • "Safety is HUGE and if you feel driving conditions are unsafe they will not push you to make delivery(in 11 reviews)
  • "The good people that work there are great.(in 10 reviews)
  • "Great Training program.(in 9 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay but to be expected for a starter company.(in 33 reviews)
  • "Benefits are 80/20 and expensive.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Very restrictive, bad communication, maintenance usually sucks, especially at the Gary terminal.(in 8 reviews)
  • "Stressful, high call volume, bad management, just a number(in 7 reviews)
  • "The same as any over the road driving job; long hours and bad pay for what is demanded of you as a driver.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roehl Transport and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "training program"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee

Great Company

Oct 28, 2020 - Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great GYCDL training program and Instructors.

Cons

Length of the training contract

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for the glowing review! We truly appreciate the wonderful feedback. It's great to have you on TeamRoehl.

2. 3.0

Neutral

Feb 24, 2021 - Class A Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

I'm new, but everything seems decent so far. Trainers are very knowledgeable, other employees are polite. Training program is short, but feels very in-depth. ***EVERYTHING IS 3 STARS TO REPRESENT A NEUTRAL OPINION, NOT NEGATIVE***

Cons

Contract regarding working here for a minimum time or you'll owe big bucks, but I knew about it before I singed it, so nothing bad to say

Roehl Transport Response

Welcome to TeamRoehl! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We hope we can earn those last two stars from you -- please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any concerns. Our team is here to help!

3. 4.0

Work Review

Oct 4, 2020 - Truck Driver in Gary, IN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Equipment and Great Training Program

Cons

Can be micromanaged at times.

Roehl Transport Response

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We appreciate your review!

4. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Probably same as most companies

May 7, 2016 - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training program and trainers Safety is the number one priority Employee website/app is filled with information that is useful Coworkers OTR are friendly Good Pay system Equipment is well maintained 401 and other benefits

Cons

Likely this does not apply to all but it is my experience... I have lost all trust for my FM Difficult to contact FM via phone A lot of deceiving info from FM and upper management Many lies trying to justify 2000 mile weeks Going back on their words Problems or questions regarding pay, miles and home time are not resolved in a timely manner and are often not addressed and forgotten about Personal needs/issues (within reason) are not a priority Night dispatchers answers for everythin is "wait h til am when your FM gets in" Co-Pilot navigation system in the trucks are not up to date, inaccurate and more a nuisance then an asset yet are expected to use it still Good loads are often taken away and given to drivers that are leasing a truck(even after dispatched) FM believes that if you have 3 hrs on your clock, that you can drive for the entire 3 hrs. Not realizing parking may be limited and you might have to shut down after 2 hrs of driving National drivers who are out for a month at a time are low man on totem pole when come to loads and getting home on time

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Flatbed driver

Jul 19, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good training program for beginners

Cons

They will fire you for no reason

Roehl Transport Response

You are correct that Roehl has great training for those just starting out in the trucking industry, however we’re also a destination for experienced truck drivers. In addition to pay, equipment and home time, experience drivers tell us they like the many opportunities with different fleets and divisions, home time (like home week regional jobs and increasing more home daily local jobs) as well as jobs outside of the truck. While I do not have any specifics about your situation, I know that not everyone gets to be a member of TeamRoehl. If you are uncertain as to why, I encourage you to contact our employee relations manager.

6. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good starter

Mar 17, 2020 - OTR Company Driver
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training program and get paid to get your CDL

Cons

Away from family a lot

1 person found this review helpful

Roehl Transport Response

Thank you for the feedback and for being my teammate. When you are first starting out in the trucking business, home time and working can be a balancing act. It’s a challenge many drivers face. Roehl offers many home weekly or dedicated opportunities across the country. You can use the My Roehl App to see what is available.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Best place I found to work.

Jan 16, 2015 - Instructor in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

what I like the most is that you are treated as a person and not just a number .Roehl has the best home time I have seen in the industry and everyone wants to see the driver succeed ,also there training program is second to none as far as I'm concerned. The opportunities are unless at Roehl , If you are hired as a driver and want to move up in the company. Roehl will give you the opportunity to do so.

Cons

It is what it is .this is trucking.

3 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Review as a current driver.

Aug 20, 2019 - Driver Trainer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great Training program. Good starting wage.Diverse in Fleets and driving opportunities. Overall respectful to drivers and their needs.

Cons

Once you are there for a while,there are NO incentives to stay.No extra pay for longevity.No extra pay for being a million mile safe driver.Absolutely No Incentives to stay once you reach top pay on their scale.They do Everything for the brand new driver and Nothing to those who have been loyal to the company.

5 people found this review helpful
  9. 3.0
    Former Employee

Came to an abrupt horrible ending due to micro management.

May 14, 2012 - Truck Driver in Marshfield, WI
    Business Outlook

Pros

For the most part Roehl has been a decent company, they are mostly by the book and their trucks are specked out like other big companies and they are well maintained trucks. The miles can range from 2400 -3300 a week. Its a great place to start. They have the best training program available as far as getting your CDL in Marshfield. The driver trainers range from crazy to decent people.

Cons

Well the worst thing I can say is that Roehl has decided on putting cameras in the trucks to monitor the drivers and the road directly in front of them and for me it was a pain from day one. I was told not to prop my foot up while driving, wear my seat belt at all times even in a parking lot behind the wheel while sliding tandems. I was also told not to use my hands free Bluetooth while driving at all. The camera normally catches bits and pieces of certain things and sends it to them. It records all the time so it can back track 15 seconds before an event to send that clip. These are things that activate the camera - slow down not hard but at a decent rate, you speed up to fast, the truck rocks to hard, if you move in your seat like to reach for something, also if you cover it up (it has sound). The fleet managers range from very good to very bad. Some don't like picking up the phones and some have poor planning skills. Maintenance is decent but some of the maintenance people treat you like you an idiot or slow or something it can be annoying.

10 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

There are cameras in the trucks

Nov 9, 2014 - OTR Truck Driver - Dry Van National in Ellenwood, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have a fantastic company sponsored CDL training program in Marshfield, Wisconsin. Classes start about every week. The company has an excellent safety record.

Cons

As a driver, I work 2-3 weeks at a time and bring home an average of $480 per week. There are cameras in the trucks. I haven't been home on time in 3+ months. The insurance and other benefits are not accessible because you aren't home on time. They only give you 2 days off instead of the promised 3. My AC/Heater breaks about once a month. The local directions are dangerously inaccurate and you are criminally liable for any accidents. Weekend dispatchers are frequently rude and incompetent.

12 people found this review helpful