KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rogers Behavioral Health Reviews

Updated Jan 26, 2022

Found 246 of over 254 reviews

3.3
Rogers Behavioral Health President and CEO for Rogers Behavioral Health Patrick T. Hammer
Patrick T. Hammer
Pros
  • "Good experience in mental health(in 20 reviews)

• "Truly felt like I've found my 'home' at Rogers(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Low pay, no progression for the staff(in 16 reviews)

• "Upper management not always aware of what lower level work flow looks like(in 13 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    Talk anonymously with Healthcare professionals

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rogers Behavioral Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

nurse

Dec 15, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Oconomowoc, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

great work environment and friendly co-workers

Cons

none everyone works together and the atmosphere is pleasant

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

Thank you for your kind words! We’re so glad to hear that you enjoy the environment and the collaborative nature of your team. Please know how much we appreciate your work.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Not for everyone

Jan 26, 2022 - Therapist in Eden Prairie, MN
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good treatment programing that helps patients get better, clinical staff worked well as a team, interesting cases

Cons

clinical staff is overworked, patients admitted often need a higher level of care, a lot of paperwork.

3. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Good starting job but had a shelf life

Nov 17, 2021 - Therapeutic Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good exposure to the mental health field, decent benefits, decent continuing education opportunities before Covid

Cons

Poor management/employee retention, poor work/life balance, high expectations for pay, unprofessionalism at all levels, especially in house HR, staff burn out, mircoaggression from management at times

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

Thank you for your feedback. We’re so glad to hear that you appreciated the way your role exposed you to the mental health field, and that you found Rogers’ benefits and continuing education opportunities useful. We’re sorry to hear that you had concerns about staffing, work/life balance, and the work environment. We take this feedback very seriously and encourage employees to speak with their manager or HR to discuss these issues and ensure that they are addressed.

4. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Horrendous Management

Oct 11, 2021 - Admissions Representative in Oconomowoc, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

401k plan is actually decent, Some coworkers become really good friends and they stay great throughout

Cons

Horrendous training for new hires, Favoritism is absolutely disgusting and completely obvious, Pay is well below market value of what you would get from competing companies, Zero company loyalty as they will write you up for anything. I saw someone get written up after missing a day due to their kid being sick., Those who are favored by management get zero accountability and they will easily get away with not working, outlandish remarks in the office, and treating patients horribly and those workers get promotions while hard working employees are horrendously treated, Management is not accountable at all, Benefits after 401k is substandard at best, All the company cares about is numbers for patients, rather than patients themselves so they get money

5 people found this review helpful

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We strive to provide a great experience for all employees at Rogers and realize it can be challenging at times. Our leadership team is committed to recognizing, supporting, and communicating regularly with employees, and we encourage anyone with concerns to share them with the leader and/or an HR Business Partner as appropriate. We have evaluated our orientation process closely, and depending on the role, new employees engage in up to two weeks for extensive orientation. Regarding benefits, market data shows that our benefits are progressive and extremely competitive. We are currently adding two behavioral health benefits and healthcare insurance for part time employees.

5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Decline in Job Satisfaction Over Time

Nov 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Oconomowoc, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

- unique opportunities to provide personalized evidence-based mental health treatment at residential and PHP/IOP levels of care. - very team oriented environment (not just sitting in your office seeing clients and rarely seeing your coworkers like in some outpatient settings). - opportunity to treat patients with unique clinical presentations - really help people learn to reclaim their lives from their mental illness

Cons

- serious issues retaining quality staff - reasons for turnover = lower salary and higher workload than competitors, taking and keeping patients staff aren't equipped to manage, its impossible to fire staff even when they cause direct harm to patients or wreck havoc on clinical teams (especially MDs) - when staff bring issues to upper leadership, they are often told these issues are not actually problems rather than acknowledge clear problems - expansion has occurred at the expense of quality

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

Thank you for your feedback. Rogers takes pride in dedicated employees like you and are happy to hear you find your work fulfilling. We strive to provide a great experience for all employees at Rogers. While our level of organizational activity can be exciting, we also realize it can come with workload challenges at times for our teams. Glad to hear you see that leadership is listening and working hard on retention and our healthy culture. Please continue to connect with your manager to discuss your concerns and know that HR is here as a resource as well. You and our employees are incredibly important to us!

6. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Staffing Issues and culture

Sep 26, 2021 - Registered Nurse in Brown Deer, WI
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love working with the pt population in mental healthcare. I have some really amazing co workers and working the patients is really awesome

Cons

Given staffing issues I had a RN to patient ratio of 1 nurse to 13 patients which created a very unsafe environment. Organization and scheduling continues to be a huge problem and was only addressed after multiple nurses spoke to upper management. The attitude on the unit causes employees to leave. In some situations asking staff to grab a blood pressure can turn into a full blown argument on why it is their job to do so. I have experienced a high stress, understaffed work environment with a few employees that argue with nurses every step of the way. I have also had staff storm off the unit or leave the unit without letting nursing staff know. There was also a maintenance failure on a door that almost lead to a severely poor pt outcome that would have put my license on the line.

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and experience with us. We continue to listen and learn from employee feedback and are increasing our focus on employee retention and enhancing processes to improve communication and work-life balance for our dedicated employees. We appreciate your feedback and value your contributions to the Rogers team.

7. 1.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Have been disappointed since day 1

Dec 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Met some of the greatest coworkers Learned a lot about myself and my strengths Engaged in care with a great population

Cons

Staff safety is not a priority. Staff have been physically attacked by patients with no support from management Management is close minded, unwilling to bend for the needs of staff, unconcerned with mental health of own staff LIMITED protection from COVID spreading throughout the hospital Not keeping staff or patients safe during Pandemic Makes drastic changes to staff schedules without any notice to staff Unsupportive when staff reports burn out Hire inappropriate staff for the job Lack of proper training esp for staff without education relating to mental health and addiction, this has led to staff unaware of patient behaviors allowing serious self harm

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

We’re glad to hear that your time at Rogers has helped you learn more about yourself while helping patients and creating connections with your coworkers. We’re sorry to hear about your concerns. We take patient and employee safety very seriously and ask that you speak with your manager or HR about these concerns to be sure they are addressed. Thank you for the important work that you do.

8. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Diversity and inclusion ??

Jan 9, 2022 - ClinicalDietitian
      Business Outlook

Pros

Flex time is a plus

Cons

Salary is 25% less than my previous large hospital employer

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

Thank you for your review and for your work as a clinical dietitian. We're glad to hear you enjoy the flex time; but we’re concerned to hear your other concerns. We take this feedback very seriously and want to assure you that we regularly review compensation to ensure that our teams are appropriately rewarded for their hard work. We also encourage you to speak with your manager or HR about any concerns with your experience as a member of the treatment team and the culture to ensure that they are properly addressed.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Values-Driven Company Committed to Patients and Families

Aug 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Patient Access is prioritized at all levels of the organization; Clinical Excellence is clear in all programs and levels of care - strong commitment to developing and maintaining adherence to evidenced-based treatment protocols; Career growth and development for employees is a high priority; Mission-Driven organizational development (vs. profit-driven at other companies with a similar pace of expansion).

Cons

Rogers' reputation for working successfully with complex and complicated cases means we are referred some of the hardest and most treatment-refractory patients who need care - and the clinicians on our teams are responsible, then, for caring for very challenging cases, which can take its toll - the pace is fast, the work is not simple - but the rewards are high. The payoff is seeing patients lives so dramatically impacted for the better.

Social Media Specialist

Thank you for your thoughtful review. At Rogers, we recognize the dedication of our employees and encourage work/life balance and good self-care. We work hard to ensure that our employees have the tools and support needed to continue our mission of providing evidence-based mental health and addiction treatment that transforms lives. We have recently launched formal focus groups to gain insights into any concerns our employees may have, along with other avenues for our employees to communicate with leadership. Thank you again for your feedback and your contributions to Rogers and our patients.

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Nov 12, 2021 - Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great team & community. I enjoy working alongside passionate coworkers

Cons

Leadership could be better & better pay too. They treat long time employees the worst according to pay & does not give them room for advancement. It’s not fair.

Rogers Behavioral Health Response

We’re thrilled to hear how much you enjoy working with your colleagues! Please know that we regularly review compensation and welcome employee feedback. On that note, we encourage you to take part in our employee surveys and talk with your manager about any concerns in this area. Thank you for the important work that you do and for taking the time to leave a review.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 246 Reviews

Rogers Behavioral Health Reviews FAQs

Rogers Behavioral Health has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 254 reviews left anonymously by employees. 53% of employees would recommend working at Rogers Behavioral Health to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Rogers Behavioral Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.3 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Rogers Behavioral Health. This rating has improved by 5% over the last 12 months.

53% of Rogers Behavioral Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rogers Behavioral Health 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Rogers Behavioral Health to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Rogers Behavioral Health Job Seekers