Rogers Corporation Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 76 reviews

2.9
Rogers Corporation CEO Bruce D. Hoechner
Bruce D. Hoechner
Pros
  • "The work/life balance is a huge plus(in 7 reviews)

• "Great company, great pay, lots of potential but the mom and pop mentality needs to go in order for this company to grow(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "Unprofessional behaviors from upper management such as favoritism and disrespect(in 4 reviews)

• "Finance is a disaster with high turnover, IT is no better and the HR leadership team is just horrible(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Buyer in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been at Rogers Corporation for over 13 years. I started out on the production floor and am now a buyer for our Corporate division. Rogers really believes in promoting from within, allowing those that want to excel the opportunity through job training, outside seminars and tuition reimbursement for degree programs. Rogers Corporation offers competitive wages, promotion from within, great health benefits and... bonus programs. I am very happy with this company and definitely recommend Rogers to others.

Cons

Up to recently we were short staffed, which caused an increased workload. This has since been taken care of.

Advice to Management

Our production employees are critical to Rogers success. As an operator, it made a significant impact on me to see my General Manager on the floor interacting with me in my own environment. Keep doing this, it makes a big difference.

Rogers Corporation2019-03-08
  2. "Over all company review!"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Associate in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for less than a year

Pros

Opportunities to move around with in the company!

Cons

12hr shifts make for a long work load!

Rogers Corporation2019-08-06
  3. "Process Improvement"

Current Employee - Planner/Buyer in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time

Pros

It was a constant changing environment.

Cons

Conflicting Management. There are 3 different locations

Rogers Corporation2019-07-30
  4. "Pretending to be a organized corporation"

Current Employee - Engineer in Carol Stream, IL

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Decent pay. Straight forward and responsive hiring.

Cons

1) Unorganized and non-standardized work flow creates hardship on every level of employment. Rogers is horrible at integrating new companies and products. Executive leadership takes on acquisition with little forethought for long term planning and process management. 2) No accountability. Employees can do almost whatever they want. Show up late, disrespect management, improperly handle material, forgo financial... transactions (which result in poor inventory accuracy). 3) Messy and unorganized workplace. 4) Upper management too busy to address plant level problems. 5) Production supervisors are poorly trained...which makes #2 on this list even worse. 6) Too much mandatory overtime! Who wants to work 6 days a week EVERY. SINGLE. WEEK. 7) Rogers works you like a dog but doesn’t want to give decent wage increases for hard working hourly employees.

Advice to Management

Stop pretending that EMS division is organized, safe, and desirable place to work. Invest in upgrading equipment and in training people.

Rogers Corporation2019-08-10

"Just Don't"

Former Employee - Rathernotsay in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

The benefits are not terrible. There are individuals in the organization who are amazing. The technology is interesting. There is an opportunity to learn a lot.

Cons

There is a significant problem with a systemic boys club. The culture is not great - more toxic than not. They have chronic middle-management issues that they are slow to acknowledge or to deal with. Turn over is some organizations is extremely high, creating additional issues.

Rogers Corporation2019-06-26
  6. "This is not the company it portrays itself to be"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The pro is that I got a pay check

Cons

I joined the company because I heard it was a great company to work for and it seemed like it was for the first year. Then all the ugly behind the scenes BS became very obvious. 1. Dont trust or tell the leads supervisors or management anything personal. Management thrives on negative gossip. 2. Dont trust anyone who is hourly and acts to friendly with management because anything you say even in the heat of... frustration while doing your job will get to their ears. 3. The managers will lie to your face tell you what you want to hear until the very last minute then lie and claim they new nothing. 4. I have been in meetings where the supervisors and managers would refer to certain employees with derogatory pet names. Very demeaning and unprofessional. 5. If the management and their group of sheepish puppet like followers isn't voyeuring into your personal life they are not happy. These people have no qualms with stalking you outside of work. This type of behavior is inbread into the fabric of the arizona culture and is well known by all to be a part of business there. Very disgusting and highly illegal. I personally witnessed it though this is not the venue to name names. That will come in time. 6. It is a white male dominated culture with women being looked down upon when in leadership roles.

Advice to Management

I think I said it all. What was supposed to be a career turned into a hostile work environment. You people created it, you figure out how to fix it. Oh yeah that's right you dont care you all got 100%- 200% of your annual salary as a bonus with stock options while we the people to made the company money got pennies.

Rogers Corporation2019-06-02

"Refuses to utilize the talents of its employees"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bear, DE

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

Most employees got along with eachother.

Cons

Unionized labor causes a slow and lackluster effort from a hard work standpoint. Utilized my talents as a degreed engineer for several applications that improved day to day accuracy in measurements and ergonomic performance, and got little recognition for it. Get (tardy) pink slipped for being 30 seconds late (each way into their Bear location is blocked by trains half the time). Low pay for the amount of work.... Management refuses to acknowledge effort and hard work. Constantly called the wrong name by management (after a year of interacting with the individual). Hire unqualified personnel for higher end jobs (in my experience these being engineering/leadership roles).

Advice to Management

Little to no employee engagement or work events held. Treat hard work as if it was highly desired Innovation should be applauded. Management refuses to accept changes.

Rogers Corporation2019-05-19

"Positive Environment with Talented People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

In the few years working at Rogers, I have experienced a strong sense of culture, collaboration and leadership. Employees are supported and rewarded by management for their hard work. I feel professionally challenged in my role and am thankful to be part of a stable, growing organization. The work/life balance is a huge plus!

Cons

Consistency can be challenging across all business units/locations.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and continue evaluating career advancement from within.

Rogers Corporation2019-01-24
  9. "Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Treater Operator in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Rogers Corporation full-time for more than a year

Pros

None unless you enjoy the excitement of not knowing how much you’re going to make because you don’t know if they are going to let you work a full week or send you home early cause they sent your process to their China or Belgium plant.

Cons

They will lie straight to your face and tell you they aren’t cutting anyone’s hours then if you survive the layoffs then will cut you down to minimal hours. I went from $38k a year to after the hour cut making 20k a year. When employees voice their challenges of supporting their families with the fluctuating hours management tells you to quit then. Worst company I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

You need to fire some of your leads especially the ones who aren’t certified in the processes that they are in charge of and the supervisors who are electing these leads cause obviously their judgement isn’t the best either if they aren’t making them get certified.

Rogers Corporation2019-03-04
  10. "Key Account Manager"

I have been working at Rogers Corporation full-time

Pros

I regularly Work from Home

Cons

Constant Management Changes that are problematic.

Rogers Corporation2018-12-06