Rogers State University Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Assistant professor"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

Pros

Great people. I liked every single one of my colleagues. They are always friendly and supportive.

Cons

Comparatively lower payment otherwise it is a nice place to work at.

2. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Instructo in Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Instructo in Tulsa, OK

Pros

Great leadership and professionalism amongst staff. Very nice and laid back environment. Terrific students that expect to learn a lot.

Cons

Low pay and the customer service areas could use improvement. Tuiton rates increase but student fees are becoming outrageous.

Advice to Management

I believe the leadership is doing the best that they can in a very challenging and uncertain time.

"Business Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Business Development Specialist in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun, friendly atmosphere. Working with students and new businesses keeps me on my toes, it is always something new.

Cons

I have not encountered anything negative about working at Rogers State.

Advice to Management

My Director is great! He keeps everyone well-informed and is genuinely concerned about our work, life balance.

5. "Enjoy the people and the collegiate atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

I worked at Rogers State University full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RSU offers great benefits and time off. Health insurance is provided for all employees (and if you decide to elect out, they pay you what would have gone towards insurance), and there's options for vision, dental, long term disability, and other insurance options. The people in each department can really make or break an experience. Managers are given a great deal of autonomy, allowing their personal styles to come across.

Cons

Some departments are better to work for than others. Due to existing structures, many people are stretched thin and are one-person departments. There is no room for advancement if you're a staff member, although faculty members have a way to work towards promotions.

Advice to Management

I love my RSU family, but please consider increasing wages or benefits for staff. Over the past 3 years, I did notreceive a cost of living increase, and have had retirement benefits reduced.

6. "Under-staffed, under-paid and under-appreciated."

Current Employee - Financial Aid Counselor in Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Financial Aid Counselor in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University full-time

Pros

The benefits are really good. Employer-paid health insurance and low cost vision/dental are offered. The university also offers tuition assistance for up to 7 credit hours in the fall/spring and 3 hours in the summer semester.

Cons

Minimal training, minimal pay, no recognition, employees are seen as highly replaceable.
    Some departments on campus are really good and some are really bad. The pay for all departments is really bad unless you are in an executive position.

Advice to Management

Consider employee morale in all decisions. It would be more beneficial and cost saving to retain good employees rather than have to hire and train new employees often.

7. "Great opportunities and love the ability to be able to pass along knowledge as an adjunct professor."

Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Adjunct Professor in Claremore, OK

I have been working at Rogers State University part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great reputable university. I earned my associates and bachelors degree at this school. I highly recommend this university to students and potential employees.

Cons

Would like to see the university to allow their online adjunct professors to work as a full time employee.

Advice to Management

Please consider allowing full time online adjunct professors.

8. "Work review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Claremore, OK

Pros

Benefits & time off, maybe retirement package

Cons

Good old boys club. Advancement great if in with right people. President definitely a politician. Says what he thinks you want to hear.

Advice to Management

Respect staff more. Look and see who is really the loyal employees!

9. "This is a challenging but fun and friendly place to work, and rarely stressful."

Current Employee - Computer Support Technician in Claremore, OK
    Current Employee - Computer Support Technician in Claremore, OK

Pros

My job is a very social one. As a support technician, it is my job to fix problems or otherwise compensate for the needs of computers of staff, faculty, and student computer labs. I get plenty of exercise because I walk from my office to wherever the problem or issue exists. Most of the customers (the term customer is used to describe any employee, be it staff or faculty, and also students in some cases. They are not paying customers.) are very friendly and after working here for so long, I have gotten to know almost all of them to some degree.

Not only is the social aspect great, but I learn a lot outside of my own career field. For example, I may go work on a biology professor's computer system to install some new software that was requested. In doing so, I may not know anything about it at first, but the professor most likely knows a lot about the software (or else it would not have been requested and purchased), and can give me a good explanation of what it does. I may then leave his or her office with some new knowledge of biology.

One of the best beneifits to working here are the days off. In addition to the vacation/sick hours, I am off any day that the school is closed for business (very few exceptions to this). For example, the school is closed for spring break (although in some cases there is a CHANCE that it would have to be open, it hasn't happened in the four years I've worked here), so I am also off work for spring break.

Cons

The university is still small and growing, so the budget isn't as large as many other companies or even state institutions may have. Therefore, we don't always have the absolute most up-to-date equipment to use, and have to be a little more frugal with our resources (some companies may release a computer system from their inventory the day it goes out of warranty; however, we tend to make a computer last as long as we can, provided that it still meets the needs of the user and our own requirements, even if it is not as fast as a brand new one).

The pay isn't extremely high, although it is not too bad, especially considering all the off-hours included (sick, vacation, personal, and breaks).

Advice to Management

To senior management of my department, I would suggest to listen to and better consider ideas of the people lower on the totem-pole, and make stronger arguments to the university administration to increase our departments available spendings.

10. "Working at RSU"

I have been working at Rogers State University part-time

Pros

Flexible with my class schedule.

Cons

No performance review or potential for advancement.

11. "Financial Aid Assistant"

I worked at Rogers State University part-time

Pros

Flexible with school schedule.
    Day time hours.
    Days off whenever campus is closed.

Cons

Low pay.
    Occasional weekend hours during busier times of the year.