Rogers & Gray Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor

David T. Robinson

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "AMAZING COMPANY!"

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time

Pros

I can't say enough about Rogers & Gray. The company is not only devoted to helping grow and support their staff but the community as well.

I'm fortunate enough to have the most energetic, driven, fun-loving team members and manager. I look forward to coming to work every day and always find a way to rave about it to friends and family.

If you are looking for a company that will stand by your side, train and develop you, present you with opportunities, and cultivates a safe and friendly work environment, then look no further.

Cons

Sometimes the temperate is a little iffy, but hey. Can't complain.

Advice to Management

I have nothing but good things to say about management. I have never once felt as if I were being spoken down to or looked at as just a number.

Sep 7, 2018 – Vice President & Director Employee Benefits

Love reading how happy you are!

2. "Insurance Agent"

Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kingston, MA
    Current Employee - Insurance Agent in Kingston, MA

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time

Pros

My colleagues are great. The agents, on both the commercial and personal lines are great people. The account managers are also awesome people.

Cons

Make no mistake about it, the whole family atmosphere thing is a facade. In that sense, it’s one of the worst places I’ve ever worked for. Management cares very little. Even though it’s a relatively small agency, employees are just numbers. There’s an incessant number of unnecessary meetings, that completely halt production.

RG is probably a nice place to work with if you’ve been there a while and have your book of business, but it’s a tough place to start your career.

I’m not sure what the criteria is to be one of Boston’s Best Places to work, but RG, from a corporation standpoint, just isn’t that place. Maybe it once was, but it no longer is that.

Again, if you’re looking to work at RG just be mindful that you’re not family, especially is you’re in sales. You’re not family. It’s all smoke and mirrors. There’s no real leadership. All the training is superficial. Accountability is one way street, meaning you’re accountable, management isn’t. The only support you’ll get here is from IT.

Also, when you go to an interview, ask a lot of questions and take notes. In fact if you can, record the session. I promise you there will be discrepancies from Management between what was talked about and the execution afterwards. No support at all.

In a true sense: Management will only make log out of fallen tree.

Advice to Management

Don’t be disingenuous. Rather than being involved, solely at parties and social gatherings, be present in your employees’ lives. If you say y’all want to grow, then do so. Lead with actions, not with titles. Anyone can be a manager, but not everyone is suited to manage/lead.

Jun 26, 2018 – Vice President & Director Employee Benefits

You are right our employees are "awesome people" and we love that you specifically called out our great account managers. Thank you for giving them the kudos they deserve.
     It is obviously... More

3. "Listen to your gut"

Former Employee - Office Staff
    Former Employee - Office Staff

I worked at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people outside of the office

Cons

Its insurance, don't expect anything fun.....

May 29, 2018 – Vice President & Director Employee Benefits

You are right. Insurance can't be fun every day, maybe every other day? We genuinely appreciate your honest feedback, I'd be happy to speak with you directly to hear what ideas you have to liven up... More

"WINNER!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Kingston, MA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Kingston, MA

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Rogers & Gray is a great place to work! EVERY SINGLE PERSON in EVERY SINGLE OFFICE is friendly and helpful! The benefits are fantastic, the hours are great, and the pay is competitive. They have an extensive, reassuring training program that is so helpful to experienced and inexperienced employees. Rogers & Gray cares about their employees. They go the extra mile for their customers and their employees. I feel like I won the lottery!!! If you're working somewhere else you should get your resume together right away because you are missing out!

Cons

There are no downsides. My only regret is that I didn't apply for a job at Rogers & Gray sooner!

Oct 27, 2017 – Vice President & Director Employee Benefits

Thank you so much for the rave review! We think we won the lottery with our amazing group of employees.

5. "R&G"

I worked at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and really nice people

Cons

The sales side is great

Advice to Management

None

"Consultant"

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time

Pros

Rogers & Gray cultivates a strong, motivated, and supportive work environment. The owners and upper management are always visible, accessible, and involved. There is a strong sense of community and trust among employees of all levels. There is also a great sense of job security, as the company's future is bright and it is as much invested in its people as it is its business endeavors.

Cons

Be prepared for a thorough interview process. It can take several weeks but it's evident Rogers & Gray knows how to vet their new hires because the people working here are wonderful, both professionally and personally,

Aug 3, 2017 – Vice President & Director Employee Benefits

Thank you very much for taking the time to put your thoughts in writing. You are right, we do take our time interviewing and of course it is intentional. Our focus is finding the right people for the... More

"Senior Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President/Senior Account Executive in South Dennis, MA
    Current Employee - Vice President/Senior Account Executive in South Dennis, MA

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Management is young, innovative, and committed to providing the best possible workplace for its employees. They stay true to their core values and their mission statement.

Cons

I do not have any cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to value your employees as you always have and stay true to your core values.

8. "Amazing place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kingston, MA

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Real people who really care about each other and the community. Employees are supportive of one another. Family atmosphere where we work hard to get the job done.

Cons

Growing fast - sometimes hard to keep up with the growth.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing!

Jul 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

You've been here for more than 8 years - we clearly think you are AMAZING too!

9. "A Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management is truly interested in the development of employees, as well as the well being of employees. R&G brings meaning to the phrase "Work-Family".

Cons

I have not experienced anything I would consider a "con" since my start of employment.

Advice to Management

Keep on doing what you're doing!!! There is a reason R&G is so successful, and it starts from the top down!

Jul 18, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thanks for leaving a review! It's good to know that the people you spend 35 (yes, only 35!) hours a week with, have become your work family.

10. "Manager"

I have been working at Rogers & Gray Insurance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Rogers and Gray really care about their employees and their community. They offer great benefits and share the success of the agency with their employees.

Cons

There are no cons that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and keep the family environment.