Rogue Games, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 24, 2019

5.0
Rogue Games, Inc. CEO Mike DeLaet
Mike DeLaet
  1. ""It’s hard to overstate how great everyone is here""

Current Employee - Head of Human Resources in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are endless opportunities to explore and advance your career at Rogue Games. I have worked at lots of other companies and the range of talent, skill, and professionalism usually varied widely. So far my experience at Rogue Games has been working with amazingly smart, talented, and just super kind, fun people. Forget all the other many perks. This is the best part for me. Since Rogue Games is still a small... company, it allows the management team to help everyone get acquainted and on-boarded. The management team really seems to care about their employees. You may have to work late/from home sometimes when the company needs you to, but that is balanced with the ability to work from home when YOU need to; it's a fair trade.

Cons

Sometimes there are just too many things going on. It’s challenging to put things in perspective and make sure you live a balanced life (especially if you love job).

Advice to Management

Try and keep things that are working and modify things that need to be fixed as we scale.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-24
  2. "Great Games, Great Team, Great Direction"

Current Employee - Vice President

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work Hard-Play Hard: We work hard and play hard as a team. Its a fast paced work environment, but with the right work/life balance. Talented Team: You will be surrounded by some of the brightest, extremely passionate and talented coworkers Great Management: Respected, seasoned management team without the typical drama or power-trips. Benefits: Amazing benefits for a startup.

Cons

Not much here, but it's a startup, so every day is a new challenge. Bring your A-Game, as Rogue is not for the weak-of-heart.

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the team and making great changes based on their feedback.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-22
  3. "Best place to work!"

Current Employee - Finance & Operations Manager

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great people to work with in all offices. As a start-up, we are an All-Star Team. Work life at Rogue is fast paced. Everyone contributes, everyone has ownership. Rogue invests in their people and culture. Everyone gets along well, works hard, and loves to game!

Cons

Rogue is a start-up. Be sure you are ready to hit the ground running!

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-21
  4. "Exciting, innovative games start-up that empowers its people."

Current Employee - Director of Business Development

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you love games — really love games — Rogue is a great place to work with innovative and passionate developers. The mission is to help them be as successful as possible and deliver amazing games into the hands of players worldwide. And you’ll do that with a truly dynamic team. The enthusiasm and experience fueling Rogue is off-the-charts for a start-up, which makes opening your computer and starting the day... exciting. As a start-up, we’re all helping each other out as well as managing our own respective parts of the business — and that generates a kind of camraderie you don’t usually find in huge companies. It also means you are learning something every single day, which is great for people that leave their ego at home and show up to work curious. The team is vibrant and diverse. The culture places a clear value on integrity, hard work, a sense of humor, and a good work-life balance. Everyone is encouraged to learn, to share, to respectfully disagree, and make decisions. You are truly empowered to do your job here.

Cons

This isn’t a con, so to speak, it’s a truth about working at this start-up: there is nowhere to hide. It’s fast-paced, it’s all hands on deck, it’s sweating the details — but if you like rolling up your sleeves and fighting to make your mark in this industry, this is the place for you.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-18
  5. "A great place to grow and learn"

Current Employee - Marketing Art Manager in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Rogue Games is very transparent with its employees. As a startup, sometimes we all have to wear different hats. Because of this, you get amazing and hands-on experiences to grow and learn. The culture here is very welcoming and engaging - we all get along and work with each other so well. Great work/life balance. I have learned a lot since coming on board.

Cons

It can be pretty fast-paced, so you have to make sure you can keep up.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-18

"Great environment, Lots of room to grow"

Current Employee - Data Scientist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Transparent process, and supportive management. Great work environment and work ethics. Due to nature of start up, we get to wear different hats and get to design proposed pipeline of work.

Cons

The company is still growing, and there are definitely some missing components. However, as the company grows, they seem to manage to remediate from this.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-13
  7. "New Kind of Gaming Company Poised for Rocket Ship Growth"

Current Employee - General Counsel and Head of Corporate Development

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very experienced/connected management team, interesting work in the gaming industry, highly transparent/collaborative and lots of upside. Rogue Games is a game publishing start up poised for rocket ship growth in LA, the Bay Area and beyond. This pre-Series A company offers the opportunity to take on substantial responsibility in a fast-paced and supportive work environment. Rogue Games is perfect for people who... want to join a start up headed by a mature, respectful management team that knows how to scale and exit companies. The company is very open and welcoming to input/ideas, and everyone has a say in shaping the company's go-forward strategy. I had lots of opportunities for my next position, and I chose Rogue Games for all of these reasons.

Cons

If you don't like a fast pace environment, then this is probably not the place for you.

Advice to Management

Keep on trucking!

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-15
  8. "An Innovative, Blazing-Fast Games Company with Plenty of Opportunity"

Current Employee - Chief Strategy Officer in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Real talk: Rogue is an awesome company. And as someone who worked for a major behemoth of a tech giant for nearly a decade, I appreciate Rogue's ability to innovate and move extremely fast in the rapidly growing games space. Founded by industry vets with loads of experience, and run day-to-day by a fantastic, diverse team of really smart, cool people, there's never a shortage of learnings or actionable items, but... the vibe is chill, fun, super optimistic and energized. I've been in the industry forever--I'm a straight dinosaur by most standards--but I'm drinking the kool-aid here because you can just feel that Rogue's onto something incredibly innovative, if not disruptive. The results speak for themselves. Massive growth fueled by massive success. These are the kind of companies you want to work for, and so I feel fortunate and pretty excited to be here. One more thing--and this may be true of all start-ups, but this has been my experience at Rogue: You get to wear many hats, which I love. The company moves quickly, it's nimble, and the entire team can and will pivot as necessary. Execs can jump into the weeds and work alongside designers on qualitative feedback. Marketing associates can lead huge UA campaigns. BD folks can work hand-in-hand with the studio team to make games better. It's really up to team members to find their interests and make their impact. Last thing and then I'll shut up. The team works out of the LA and Bay Area and there's regular inter-office travel, which creates more opportunities to grow and learn.

Cons

I really don't have a lot. Rogue's snack game is not yet on point. The fridge is well stocked with drinks, but hard as I look, nary a bag of Taco Doritos or Funyuns in sight. Yes, I used the word nary and you need to deal with that if you're reading this. More important, though, if you're coming to Rogue from a huge video game giant or Silicon Valley supernova, it's important to remember that this is a startup.... Yes, an experienced, well-funded one with loads of potential. But we've got to fight a little harder and be a little scrappier than the bigger guys. If that's not for you, you might feel a bit like of fish out of water in this organization.

Advice to Management

Taco Doritos.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-14
  9. "Investing in its people"

Current Employee - Live Operations Manager

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Company is very much about helping maintain its employees work-life balance - Work is not limited to just one function, but rather gives multiple opportunities to learn across different disciplines and functions. - Access to many industry standard tools and programs without hesitation - Quarterly Company events/outings - Very talented team built from industry veterans across numerous disciplines.

Cons

- Small team means numerous projects require attention continuously - Current office is not close to many lunch options - Current office is small considering team's size

Advice to Management

The right steps are being taken in terms of developing out the team, and company culture so please continue to pay attention to these things. A little more opportunity for career growth would be nice to see as the focus has been primarily on the company's growth and not necessarily the employees.

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-13
  10. "A nice startup with great work/life balance"

Current Employee - Game Designer in Calabasas, CA

I have been working at Rogue Games, Inc. full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Realistic and down to earth team - Relatively transparent executives - Execs seem to have a solid vision for the company - Experienced, knowledgeable team - No micro managing or pulling rank, employees are trusted to do their best work - Very flexible core hours - Almost no overtime - Health insurance fully paid for by company - Unlimited (within reason) PTO - Ability to work from home, outdoors at office..., etc as needed - The team supports and cares for each other - Overall, a very comfortable place to work with excellent work/life balance

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but Rogue is a fast growing startup. You will be asked to wear many hats, and you may need to help build structure and process around your own role. This makes for a very fun and empowering working environment, but may catch some people off guard if they're coming from a bigger corporation.

Advice to Management

As we grow, continue listening to the team, being transparent, and enabling us to do our best work!

Rogue Games, Inc.2019-10-11