Roland Berger Reviews | Glassdoor

Roland Berger CEO Charles-Édouard Bouée
Charles-Édouard Bouée

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

"Nice firm and exciting time to join"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Roland Berger full-time

Pros

- engaged management that seem to get along well
    - collegial/international coworkers
    - great projects in focus industries
    - ability to own career/develop experience across multiple world regions

Cons

- not so exotic travel destinations due to industrials, auto and chemicals focus
    - work life balance

Advice to Management

Impressed so far. Keep it up.

2. "Part time Intern"

I worked at Roland Berger part-time

Pros

Consulting industry surely help companies find solutions

Cons

still growing and lack a close corporation among staff

"Great people, fascinating projects, opportunities for international experience"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Boston, MA

I have been working at Roland Berger full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great team throughout the US with smart people at all levels of the organization that are able to deliver high quality work while making it a fun experience for each project team
    - Highly diverse team in each office (e.g. 3 continents, 8 nationalities represented in the Boston office alone). This contributes to bringing a broad range of perspectives to the client and is an endless source of learning for team members. Great way to get a first international exposure!
    - Collaborative team spirit, fostered by management - open culture supported by management with junior team members being given lots of opportunities to contribute at an early stage (always given a seat at the table), teams encouraged to give regular structured feedback and team/office events organized regularly (soccer, drinks, volunteering)
    - Small, growing organization in the US - the US is a relatively "young" office in the Roland Berger world and is growing very fast. This is very exciting for employees at all levels and creates many opportunities for self-driven initiatives
    - Highly strategic projects for top and mid-size players in the focus industries (Chemicals, Automotive, IPS) - teams work closely with top executives of the leading firms in their field and support their development. Roland Berger is never called to do a project that is expected to stay on the bottom shelf of the cupboard!
    -Many opportunities for international experience through training (one training in Germany every one/two years on top of US and on the job trainings), project work (projects spanning across regions, projects with international travelling; projects based in Europe) and opportunities to transfer to a foreign office for high performers after 2/3 years
    - Good brand name that helps start and boost careers. Alums have gone on to top strategy positions in the industry or have created their own companies - very reflective of RB's entrepreneurial culture!

Cons

- Hours can be long like in any top tier consulting firm
    - Small size of the office means that there is often more limited choice in project assignment compared to larger offices (in Europe for example)

Advice to Management

- Keep up the good work of actively seeking, listening to and incorporating the feedback of employees (at all levels) in the firm's development - very proud of our recent wellness initiative!
    - We need to continue to recognize that our employees come from very different backgrounds and experiences and that we make sure that this is taken into account in communication and identification of training priorities

4. "Can not say anything negative as I was told through email"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Roland Berger full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Interesting auto work with global teams

Cons

I can not really say anything here as I received the email from HR saying -

We recently became aware of a post on Glass Door and wanted to bring this to your attention. If you did write this we ask you to take immediate steps to remove this immediately. I would like to take this time to remind you of the obligations with specific reference to section 5 which states the following: (I will skip the legal details). We need to take action to enforce this agreement we will do so.

Advice to Management

Adapt to the local culture and learn from past mistakes

"Great work environment, fast-growing business"

I have been working at Roland Berger full-time

Pros

Roland Berger in the US is a relatively young and dynamic business which is experiencing fast growth in its focus areas (the business is more focused on specific industry sectors in the US than it is globally), increasingly taking share from more established large global US-based consultancies.
    The firm benefits from retaining a boutique feel thanks to its relatively small local size while benefiting from the scale and resources of the much larger firm than it is globally. This means that the team members know each other very well and can help each other develop.
    Team members are extremely smart - one of the smartest group of people I have worked with.
    The culture is highly entrepreneurial as the company seeks to grow and improve itself. The staff has a lot of latitude to come up with and drive firm-building initiatives.
    The work culture is very collaborative.
    The company invests significant amounts of time and money in staff development - through formal training in global locations, local training in the US with external trainers, informal pop-up training sessions, and on-the-job training.
    The management team is very open to dialogue and to taking fast decisive action on things that can be improved.

Cons

Hours can be long due to the fast growth of the company. The partners are working on addressing this The brand is not as strong as in Europe but growing in focus industry areas following large wins in the last couple of years and as a result of influential publications.

Advice to Management

Keep growing the business - it's exciting - but maintain the focus on work-life balance !

"Great company!"

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Roland Berger full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Extremely interesting projects for large & global companies

Cons

Small companies (if you like a full supporting structure)

7. "Working environment"

Current Employee - PTA
    Current Employee - PTA

I have been working at Roland Berger part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Overall positive working environment, nice supervisor and manageable workload

Cons

Would loved it if there is more training programs and opportunity to meet other teammates in the firm (currently working remotely)

8. "it is a good company"

Former Employee - PTA
    Former Employee - PTA

I worked at Roland Berger part-time

Pros

as a part-time assistant, I learned a lot during the internship

Cons

It's hard to meet big name clients in Tier 2 consulting firm

9. "Junior Consultant"

I worked at Roland Berger full-time

Pros

International opportunities, strong M&A practice, the "living brand"

Cons

Zero mentorship, you succeed in spite of leadership, weak brand recognition in the states

Advice to Management

The US practice should never be an afterthought

10. "Decent Mangement Consulting Firm"

I worked at Roland Berger full-time

Pros

Diverse exposure to different industries and companies

Cons

Lots of business traveling, uncertain career development track