Rollins Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Rollins President, CEO, COO, and Director; Chairman, Orkin Gary W. Rollins
Gary W. Rollins

Pros
Cons
  • Too conservative: strict dress code, no working from home, and little work-life balance (in 9 reviews)

• No casual business dress, no work from home, owners need to retire (in 5 reviews)

1. "Ranch work"

Former Employee - Manager in Vero Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Manager in Vero Beach, FL

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Regular pay packet that came in every two weeks was the only pro

Cons

No overtime payment. 75 hour weeks plus. No personal life at all on call 24/7 every day including all holidays
    Bullying environments to work in

Advice to Management

Treat with respect. Pay properly don't treat us like a number.

2. "Sr.Network Engineer ("

Former Contractor - Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Senior Network Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Rollins as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Paycheck was on-time and the commute was ok.

Cons

Silly Dress Code, Dated Culture, Lack of Diversity

Advice to Management

Change the dress code policy and diversify your talent pool. Please have the IT department to stop using Telnet and use SSH instead, it's elementary and (CCIE Routing & Switching # 51584) should know and resolve this. Also please have Jim to stop selling the company so hard, nobody cares that Rollins has no debt and 100 million in the bank. Rollins culture will deter most anyway.

"Worst of the Worst!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in North Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in North Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

glassdoor wants five words. Here is seven!

Cons

Horrible culture > Horrible Marketing > Micro-Management at its worst!
    Technicians are treated like DIRT!

Advice to Management

Earth to ORKIN managment > cold Calling is DEAD! > Bring in a marketing automation lead management system specialist

"IT department is horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. People outside are great but if you work for support, management is a nest of vipers that will literally tell you things like "just do it and make sure someone else gets fired if it goes wrong".

Cons

The most unethical band of louts you can ever work for. The CIO and his cronies are terrible people. Do yourself a favor, never work for IT here.

Advice to Management

Audit the IT department, really, and actually see where all the $$$ is going to. It is mismanaged and is bleeding capital.

Rollins Response

Jul 12, 2016

We are very proud of our dedicated and hardworking IT employees at Rollins. We are cutting edge, customer service focused, and we demand a strong work ethic. Our goal is to have long-term ... More

"Horrid"

Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Sales in Atlanta, GA

Pros

There is not a positive word in the English language or otherwise that can describe this company.

Cons

Unethical and discriminatory practices. People die there and they don't care about the customer's or employees.

Advice to Management

Gain a conscious, empathy and respect for others. Abusing people will not make them work harder. This company is a modern day plantation.

"Great and talented coworkers, horrible leadership and executive staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Pros

None, Nothing, Zero, Zilch, Nada

Cons

Headquarters on the inside and outside looks like a Middle School movie set from the 1960's.
    Management is deceitful.
    All male employees MUST wear a dress shirt, tie, slacks and dress shoes even when it is 90+ degrees outside.
    The company is extremely frugal and operates on a shoe string budget.
    Conference room walls are covered with dated wood paneling.
    No regard for work/home/life balance.
    The older folks that still work there will tell you of horror stories of how in the 1970's female managers actually felt upon the breast of female subordinate employees to check if they were wearing a bra or not as part of the company code of conduct rules.

Advice to Management

I know that you guys are a family owned company which leads you to believe that doing things the same way that you did in the 1960's works best in 2014-2015 is what's holding you back from expanding your horizons.
    But of course, you don't care about horizon expansion, so never mind my advise.

"Worst 2 years of my life"

Former Employee - Not Saying in Northeast, NY
    Former Employee - Not Saying in Northeast, NY

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the people were nice. Pay was good

Cons

IT needs to be up to date. Backstabbing is part of culture. Office personnel need training on how to deal with people. Most are more rude than customers.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the dead weight. Make entire company Orkin and get rid of the other names like Home team, Waltham and Western.

"I was a top sales rep, and abosultely dreaded being there"

Current Employee - New Customer Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - New Customer Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. I was the top sales rep, with sales revenue over a million annually. I think I took home 45k?? Thanks a latte.

Cons

I had the misfortune of landing at job at Rollins Customer Service center right after I graduated college. I was put on a "sales" team that had more meetings about "office gossip" than anything of real value. My manager at the time was unqualified to lead any group of people, and probably the most negative person in a leadership role that I have ever encountered. Our job security was threatened on a weekly basis, punitive action was practiced every day, and favoritism was at an all time high. The team even sunk to a low of deleting internal lead forms so their close ratio would be higher. Unethical, unbelievable, talent beware.

Advice to Management

Stop isolating and bastardizing people in the field. They work much HARDER & LONGER than the folks at the admin office. After the Rollins brothers are too old to run the family business, change the culture from the top down. Pay your folks a livable wage.

"Absolutely terrible; negative environment, negative management, no value placed on employees, new or old."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Rollins full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

No pros that I could find; knew after 1 week that it was not the place for me.

Cons

To have a department where cameras are in use very disheartening; the building I was in (RAC) was not handicapped accessible (how is that possible in 2014?). Got one positive comment in 10 weeks with the company, and I have over 30 years experience in my area of expertise.

Advice to Management

Get some training in positive communication skills and how to train employees!!!!

"Miserable company to work for- Toxic"

Current Employee - Director, Information Technology in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Director, Information Technology in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rollins full-time

Pros

getting a paycheck is about it.

Cons

Men must wear a tie and no facial hair- stuck in the 50's. Obsolete.
    Do you want Pest Control on Black Friday- or Are you thinking about that during the Thanksgiving Holiday? Rollins you must work black friday. Same with the day after Christmas if it falls on a weekday. Really Gary Rollins?

* Ignorant upper and middle IT management
          Obvious lack of higher education and managerial experience among upper IT management. Bullies and predators

* Obviously planning to outsource IT constantly driving good people away

* Obsolete systems -

* Nepotism and favoritism are the rule within IT. Which leads to a very scared and dissatisfied workplace. Not judged by your skills, only thing that matters is to be liked by the right people.

Advice to Management

RETIRE!