Rollins Reviews | Glassdoor

Rollins President, CEO, COO, and Director; Chairman, Orkin Gary W. Rollins
Gary W. Rollins

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As well as their dress code and policies (in 9 reviews)

• Poor work life balance for majority of the service workers at the branch level (in 4 reviews)

1. "Terrible too good to be true and was"

I worked at Rollins full-time

Pros

Regular paycheck that's all I am afraid

Cons

Everything. Total disregard for employees. Punitive working hours no family time at all.

Advice to Management

Start caring about the lower end not the upper tier. We are the ones that bring home the bacon

Dec 11, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your comments and regret that you had this type of experience with one of our Rollins companies. One of our priorities is to better our scheduling to allow more balance for employees... More

2. "Senior Executives are bullies and manage by fear"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rollins full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Financially stable, although the foundation to that may not be healthy nor sustainable. Increasing revenues are based on running departments and field operations too lean and managing employees through fear.

Cons

Senior executives are bullies. The home office feel is oppressive, with employees being treated like second-class citizens. You "clock-in" at the home office and are counseled if you come in late twice in a month. Men have to wear ties and may not have facial hair, with pantyhose for the ladies.

Advice to Management

Treat people with respect, stop the bullying and managing by fear, bring some joy and levity to the home office, stop treating home office employees like second-class citizens, staff appropriately, change the dress code to business casual.

Nov 2, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for providing feedback on your experience. We are very concerned with the issues expressed and certainly do not condone bullying or managing by fear with our employees as mentioned in your... More

"Terrible Pofessionalism"

Former Employee - EHS Specialist in Norcross, GA
    Former Employee - EHS Specialist in Norcross, GA

I worked at Rollins full-time

Pros

If you cant be better take an offer

Cons

Bad Management and terrible vision

Advice to Management

Too old Managers

"Do not work for Rollins"

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The fact that you receive a regular paycheck

Cons

Poor Benefits, Management and Culture

Advice to Management

Replace Management

"Clueless"

I have been working at Rollins full-time

Pros

Great Team! The company is pushing all of us away with their archaic mentality, and we are all near the straw that breaks the camels back.

Cons

Management is lost in the past and delusional.

Advice to Management

Hire more people if you want a 24/7 shop.
    2 day remote policy for ALL IT staff.
    Business casual.
    Become a project oriented company, and quit trying to track productivity from tickets and quantity of phone calls.

"Balls, Sucks 'em"

Current Freelancer - Pest Control Technician in Broadview, IL
    Current Freelancer - Pest Control Technician in Broadview, IL

I have been working at Rollins (Less than a year)

Pros

meaningful work, drug user and sex offender friendly, felon friendly, 350$ per week

Cons

bad attitudes, no ones approachable, no employee activities, low compensation per work output, negative press, unaccountable middle management, boring/unchallenging work, bosses quit, unhappy customers proven by company financials

Advice to Management

Bring your passion for customers to your workforce, and don't side with customers during disputes involving your employees. Respect people's lives and the balance it needs. Be mindful of sensible scheduling. Allow more free motion and independence in what could be an autonomous job.

"Worst project implementation team ever!"

Pros

Travel locations and accommodations

Cons

Worst project implementation team in all of America. Project Manager had favorites leading project teams and they were incompetent, unlearned, negative, unprofessional, and unwilling to improve. They were in it to simply defraud the company of financial resources. They often undermined the qualified specialists and supported incompetent trainers just because they were friends. They often visited customer sites drunk, having partied, smoked, and drank most nights before. These loud,wild, profanity laden and crazy activities were often carried out in the hotel lobbies in full view of hotel guests. The project manager was often involved with this behavior so nothing could be said or done about it...this was by for the worst managed team and worst collection of specialists I've ever seen. The project manager simply hired all her friends, and they hired all their friends, unfortunately they were all poor trainers, lacking effective communication skills and zero professionalism!

Advice to Management

Create effective feedback loops so you know what's going on with your project teams. Too much money and no accountability for sound results. Even if they were getting the work done, the favoritism' mistreatment of staff, lying to and by the pm mngmt team made this a terrible experience for 80% of the team!

"Worst of the Worst!"

Former Employee - Account Manager in North Fort Myers, FL
    Former Employee - Account Manager in North Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

glassdoor wants five words. Here is seven!

Cons

Horrible culture > Horrible Marketing > Micro-Management at its worst!
    Technicians are treated like DIRT!

Advice to Management

Earth to ORKIN managment > cold Calling is DEAD! > Bring in a marketing automation lead management system specialist

"Human Resources-OSHA"

I worked at Rollins full-time

Pros

The company seems stable financially. The building was nice. It was a chance to work at a company headquarters. Cafeteria.

Cons

Crazy long term employees in management that were scared of progress or changing the standard practices. Nobody had any initiative because they were scared to speak up or they would be fired.

Advice to Management

Learn to adapt to changing workplace practices and improve the culture for employees to speak freely. Don't threaten to fire people who have initiative and drive.

"IT department is horrible"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

I worked at Rollins full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None. People outside are great but if you work for support, management is a nest of vipers that will literally tell you things like "just do it and make sure someone else gets fired if it goes wrong".

Cons

The most unethical band of louts you can ever work for. The CIO and his cronies are terrible people. Do yourself a favor, never work for IT here.

Advice to Management

Audit the IT department, really, and actually see where all the $$$ is going to. It is mismanaged and is bleeding capital.

Jul 12, 2016

We are very proud of our dedicated and hardworking IT employees at Rollins. We are cutting edge, customer service focused, and we demand a strong work ethic. Our goal is to have long-term... More