Ron Jon Surf Shop "set schedule" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ron Jon Surf Shop Employee Reviews about "set schedule"

Updated Jun 14, 2019

Found 57 reviews

2.8
Debra Harvey
Pros
  • "Guaranteed hours, PTO if full time, somewhat decent benefits(in 10 reviews)

• "It's a set schedule and guaranteed 40 hrs a week all year(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Too many employees and management that have been here too long and parked in place, not a lot of change happening and makes it difficult to move up(in 2 reviews)

• "They worry way too much about the little things even if you're doing a great job(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "set schedule"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Micromanage not trusted high school stuff"

Former Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Cocoa Beach, FL

I worked at Ron Jon Surf Shop full-time for less than a year

Pros

As far as being an assistant manager goes what I liked was having a set schedule and 2 days off in a row. You don’t get that in other retail stores.

Cons

The manager in charge doesn’t have managements back at all. As a manager I was bullied by employees when I went to my boss they sided with the associates. I had other associates come to me about the same thing bullying and they did nothing so the associates would no call no show. Turn over is awful. The scheduling doesn’t make since. I could go on and on.

Advice to Management

it doesn’t matter they don’t listen

Ron Jon Surf Shop2019-04-30

"Easy job, Corporate is a nightmare"

Former Employee - Cycle Count Specialist

I worked at Ron Jon Surf Shop full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Our GM was amazing. She treated the staff very well and was easy to get along with. - Was a student and regular part time retail jobs were paying the bills. This is a great opportunity if you need a steady income. -Benefits, PTO, set schedule is all very nice.

Cons

-The Ron Jon Corporate offices are a complete nightmare. they micro manage the staff AND managers. They watch the cameras constantly. If you are standing, or holding your arms a way they don't like they will call the store. Not exaggerating when i say they act like a clique of teenage girls.

Ron Jon Surf Shop2018-07-26
  3. "It's a job that pays my bills"

I have been working at Ron Jon Surf Shop

Pros

It's a set schedule and guaranteed 40 hrs a week all year

Cons

There is no consistency with management they would rather make the ones of who actually work do twice as much instead of making the other associates actually work none of the managers care anymore but they expect for the associates to care and lead by example I honestly feel like it's a joke we have people knowingly coming to work drunk bringing alcohol in the building and the managers put him on a register instead of...

Advice to Management

Consistency is key you shouldn't expect associates to do what your not willing to do quit trying to be everyone friend and actually manage

Ron Jon Surf Shop2018-07-29
    • "Quality company and fun experience"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Ron Jon Surf Shop full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Set schedule Benefits - health, dental, vision and life insurances Fun supportive atmosphere

Cons

Slower growing company than most

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

Ron Jon Surf Shop2017-10-12

"Not the best or worst"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Ron Jon Surf Shop full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Full time set schedule. Long breaks. 25% discount.

Cons

Corporate doesn't spend nearly as much focus on managers as they do to the rest of the staff. The staff suffered from lack of true guidance from the gms they hired the last handful of years. Environment can be hostile. Didn't really see a lot of promotions.

Ron Jon Surf Shop2015-08-22

"Great benefits but lousy communication"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Ron Jon Surf Shop full-time

Pros

Ron Jon has excellent benefits for full time employees including medical, dental, vision and life as well as employee discounts and education reimbursement. The customers are genuinely happy to shop and appreciate good service. Having a set schedule with the same days off each week was also nice.

Cons

Corporate management is very secretive and treats store management on a need-to-know basis. This makes it difficult sometimes to effectively run a store. Minimal support from corporate.

Advice to Management

Communicate more with your stores and your employees. Acknowledge the hard work of the store employees rather than finding fault with everything little thing.

Ron Jon Surf Shop2014-10-23