Roomeze Roommate Matchmaker Reviews | Glassdoor

Jordan Davidovit
  1. "Amazing"

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work atmosphere, because we all work as a team.

Cons

I cant think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Roomeze2019-03-16
  2. "Fun place to work, earn well and gain lots of experience."

Current Employee - Real Estate Agent in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for more than a year

Pros

- work hours flexible - you can work smarter not harder - lots of resources, good amount of leads available - learn alot, good training.

Cons

None really maybe less meetings lol

Advice to Management

None

Roomeze2019-02-07
  3. "A place where people and culture truly matter"

Current Employee - Chief People Officer in New York, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-A bustling, growing team of young professionals that genuinely enjoy working together -A company that genuinely rewards performance and growth potential -Lack of micro-management and corporate nonsense -Part of something that is actually making a difference for an underserved, growing market of people in an industry notorious for its unwillingness to change

Cons

-It's the toughest in the beginning! Like jumping aboard a speeding train. Need to have that "hungry" spirit -A place where you need to understand you'll only get better over time. We invest in you and you invest in us

Roomeze2019-01-24
  4. "Real Estate Professionals For The Young Professional"

Current Employee - Roommate Specialist in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for more than a year

Pros

You're on your own - In a good way! You can work your own schedule and hit your benchmarks at your own pace. You must be proactive and want to learn the business. It won't be easy at first, but the team is always behind you and willing to help if you seek the help. Amazing company.

Cons

We fill apartments so quickly that sometimes inventory is low a the beginning of the month, but always picks up in the first week.

Advice to Management

What's great about working at a smaller brokerage is that you are in contact with the founders of the company. The roots of the company! Management is very friendly and wants you to succeed. I think they are doing a wonderful job.

Roomeze2018-12-12
  5. "GREAT VIBES! FUN TEAM!"

Current Employee - Customer Support and Retention in New York, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for more than a year

Pros

I originally began working with the company when they first started , and welcomed me back with open arms! Comfortable Work Space Work Life Balance Friendly! Room for Growth

Cons

A bit far from my home (time to relocate?)

Advice to Management

Roomeze is expanding rapidly... I would say just keep the connections; continue one on one meetings, team meetings, and events!

Roomeze2018-11-30
  6. "Some pros and cons"

I worked at Roomeze full-time

Pros

You make your own schedule. Fun atmosphere.

Cons

You're literally like the Energizer bunny. The role was non stop in terms of posting and making appointments. Youre constantly on your phone checking for leads. Can i get a breather? Very very time consuming.

Roomeze2018-11-02

"Don’t buy into it."

Former Employee - Roommate Matchmaker

I worked at Roomeze full-time for less than a year

Pros

- getting entry level experience into real estate - working with cool people overall; it’s a young team - making decent money and being in control of your own performance/hours

Cons

- if i could describe management in one word it would be HUBRIS. young cofounders are running a business in ways that are questionable. - commission pay out? Ha, laughable. Not only is it rare and sporadic, oftentimes the accounting is incorrect (full commission due being mistaken for leads, incorrect calculation, etc) - commission pay out often takes MONTHS, which is in of itself, unlawful - and here’s the... punchline, while matchmakers are chasing the money they’ve earned after the fact, management is getting a steady, reliable paycheck, while commission salespeople NEVER KNOW when they are getting paid. (Isn’t pay day supposed to be agreed upon by both parties in this instance?) - success here means buying into the culture of nepotism OR having an alternate means of income to get you through the severe wage droughts that are commonplace - CEO is in charge of payroll and general accounting, which is overall quite strange and extremely hindering, considering that reaching him can be quite difficult at times - Documentation. After changing my employment status from salary + commission to ONLY SALARY, i was never given an updated employment contract despite numerous requests - Employee churn is insane. Coworkers are great, but you never how long they will stay. I can almost guarantee that everyone that left positive reviews here are: now management or are long gone from this mess. **THE BOTTOMLINE** Don’t buy into it. Look elsewhere. You can do better than this place!

Advice to Management

Hire an HR consultant/on-site general counsel and comply with NY State regulations on wages.

Roomeze2018-03-16

"Love My Job!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Independent Contractor (You control your own hours!) -The harder you work the more money you make -Cool coworkers and Bosses -Hip office with snacks/beer/flavored water -Great supportive team (No competition between colleagues - Everyone helps each other - Everyone is treated as an equal!) -No one micromanages!! As long as you are producing and working hard, no one bothers you. Different... personalities/techniques are encouraged as long as they promote Roomeze values. If you are hungry, hard working, and are good with people skills, you will succeed. -Not your typical 9-5 office job. You get to move around, explore, see cool apartments and learn different neighborhoods! (You'll spend about 30% of your time in the office and 70% of time in the field). -Showing walk up apartments = always leg day = nice glutes 4lyfe -Incentives and prizes for top sellers! -Room for growth!! (Raises/Promotions are possible in under a year) Your hard work is always rewarded and acknowledged by the co-founders!

Cons

-Pay is not consistent- The job is commission based. Some months you will make more than others, so you have to be smart about your spending/saving. As independent contractors, you have to pay your own taxes, but as long as you keep track of your earnings and save accordingly, you'll be fine. The benefit of this structure is that their's no ceiling on what you can earn, so while you do have to work for your... paychecks, you can make a lot more than your typical entry level salaried job. -You will have to work on weekends. Seems like a con, but it's not bad. Work on the weekends then take a Tues or Wed off. Businesses are usually less crowded, always open, and have better happy hour deals during the week! It's much easier to get your personal errands done on weekdays! (Guess this is a pro!) -Some late nights. Since you have to work around other people's schedules, you will have to work late some nights to show apartments when people get out of work. Usually the latest appointments I take are around 8PM, but then you do start the day later as well (11AM).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!! (Whoever said open up an office in Miami, I second that! ✋)

Roomeze2017-05-13
  9. "One of the smartest concepts with a perfect work culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love the team of people and the energy behind everything! For a young company they are really growing fast and seem to take every opportunity that is presented to them. I am really proud to be part of such an innovative organization.

Cons

Sometimes clients and landlords can be unreasonable. There is pressure to get things done and competition out there. It's not for the faint hearted.

Advice to Management

We need to open up an office in Miami

Roomeze2017-04-16
  10. "Amazing Start Up with a Great Work Environment!"

Current Employee - Social Media Manager in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Roomeze full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at Roomeze for over a year now and I could not be happier! Roomeze gives you the opportunity to learn and grow with the company instead of just working for it! At Roomeze, I feel like I am part of a team and most importantly, a family. I would not trade my job here for the world!

Cons

I personally have not experienced any cons at my job. I love it. The environment is relaxed but you work hard and create your own success in the company.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! The interview process was fast, the owners are amazing and always there to help you with any questions you may have and my co-workers have become my close friends!

Roomeze2017-03-29