Rooms To Go Reviews | Glassdoor

3.7
Rooms To Go CEO Jeff Seaman
Jeff Seaman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Great benefits, great pay, and great advertising (in 47 reviews)

• The common word for this company as a salesperson is you make good money (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work every weekend and holiday just like any retail store sales job (in 19 reviews)

• Weekends and holidays are always work days, but that's retail (in 14 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Rooms To Go is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity for advancement, great workplace environment, endless earning potential and training opportunities. Rooms To Go is also very stable company.

Cons

If there were any con's it would be that all employees are required to work retail hours, which includes holidays and weekends.

Advice to Management

Continue helping sales associates to reach their full potential through ongoing support, incentives and training.

2. "I love my Job"

Current Employee - Senior Sales in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Sales in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Having worked for Rooms to Go for the past 6 years, and having worked in the furniture industry for over 30, I can tell you I have never worked for a finer company. They pay well, and advertise better than any other to bring in the traffic. That is not why I am writing this.
    In the wake of hurricanes Harvey and Irma where they have stores, our regional and store management have been wonderful. The ceo Jeffery Seaman has not only donated millions of dollars to the relief effort, has also donated millions in furniture. But he has always and continued to take care of his employees. I feel very blessed to be able to call rooms to go home.

Cons

Retail hours, nights weekends, but that is what we signed up for.

Advice to Management

3. "Good retail employer"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Pay and training good managers care.

Cons

Hours can be long,on holiday weeknds

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

4. "Best In The Business To Work For!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bradenton, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Bradenton, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Professional atmosphere! Positive/Respectful "all salespeople are created equal" environment. Great management. Upper management is very involved and encouraging. Floor rules and 'ups' system leave for very few misunderstandings among the sales people. Nobody is allowed to work on the sales floor 7 days a week which allows for everyone to get their time off and also their share of ups while on the selling floor. Ups are given in order of availability, not as to whether you've sold or added a warranty. No jumping other salespeople who are waiting so everyone receives their fair share of customers during their shift. Quality furniture to sell at the best value available.

Cons

Have not seen any major cons except would like to see spiffs for bedding. However, you are paid a nice commission on bedding which can equal out to nearly the same.

Advice to Management

Stay the same! Continue to help and support. Brian and Scott, you are awesome!

5. "sales"

I worked at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance. I don't see anything else to be honest.

Cons

sales people are really rude and unprofessional, worst,co-workers ever. Long hours, not support and not life.

Advice to Management

managers is been forever, and of course have a favoritism. should change managers so is not a "mafia team"

6. "Want money and great owner you? definitely want to be part of this company we call family."

Current Employee - Store Management
    Current Employee - Store Management

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great owner who understands what employees look for in a job. Great benefits, great pay, and great advertising. While looking at what employees look for in a job our owner also understands what customers want and it's a constant day to day working to perfect our areas of improvement. Key focus is heavy advertising, great packages, great financing, and quick delivery. As a rapid growing company we deal with growing pains but it's a good struggle to have. But personally seeing how rtg tries to fix areas of weakness and seeing that our owner really values their employees and still trying to take care of the customer speaks volumes and that's why I could never check to see if the grass is greener on the other side. When meeting people working for the competitors and they ask does rtg really pay as well as I have heard, it feels good to say I'm part of that team. You always want to feel that you are part of the winning team and if you are going to be in furniture I can honestly say rtg is where it's at.

Cons

It's retail, while rtg has high expectations from its staff it delivers on the things we value from a company. Which to me out ways the cons of working retail hours.

Advice to Management

Training for sales is great and a lot is invested in them. But if we can give a little more to management training before going into management it will help us have confidence and be better prepared with whatever situations thrown our way.

7. "Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Love the people interacting/ benefits

Cons

Well never a holiday In your life again. Listen to people who are selling

Advice to Management

Holiday sales are a joke to people it's not a sale if you start it two weeks before and a week later

8. "Micro manage specialist"

Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Co-workers, 401k match and Mattress discounts.

Cons

Work weekends and holidays, typical retail hours.
    Next day delivery DOES NOT happen but maybe once a month.
    Management is micro managed from corporate to a point they can not make even the simplest decisions: vacation request, paid time off approvals, resolving issues just to name a few...
    Commissions have declined over the years and a stronger push to internet sales. Less money down w/ finance options online. not an option in store.
    Store sales person does not get credit for cust. they helped and then buy online.
    No spiffs on bedding sales to the sales person, company keeps it. Then pays 6-8% on sale. That's an industry low.
    Mandatory monthly competition shopping reports (on your on time).
    Disconnect between management and employee on duties (frustrating).
    Favoritism is rampant.
    Push to sell a protection plan that the company does NOT stand behind.
    Some sales people had to pay $300 for training and some did not. No reimbursement (is that even legal).

Advice to Management

Take some pride in what you do and at least hear what an employee has to say. Be proactive instead of reactive. Stop kissing the back side. It will not get you promoted.

9. "No Advancement"

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Insurance is great, working indoors

Cons

Lack of training, old systems, posted job posting already filled with-in interviews are bogus, No support from Regional staff if you bring policy violations to them you will be reprimanded and treated like an outcast. Store Management will be to busy to call back upset customer's but will take continous smoke breaks.

Advice to Management

Be the example and model employee

10. "Sales"

I worked at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Tampa market has the best leadership hands down.

Cons

Its sales, nights, weekends, holidays, basically your working when most cool things are happening!

Advice to Management

Store management need work, upper level, it doesnt get better!! Boy you can feel the rope getting tighter tho!