Rooms To Go Reviews | Glassdoor

Rooms To Go Reviews

Updated April 21, 2017

Full-time Part-time

Pros
  • Great benefits, supportive management, limitless income potential (in 46 reviews)

• The common word for this company as a salesperson is you make good money (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • Work every weekend and holiday just like any retail store sales job (in 18 reviews)

• Requires long hours and dealing with irate customers can be taxing but overall it is a great place to be (in 26 reviews)

1. "Office clerk"

Current Employee - Clerical in Smithfield, NC
    Current Employee - Clerical in Smithfield, NC

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Love rooms to go nice funriture

Cons

Close to home enjoy over all working there

Advice to Management

I will do my best

2. "Sad but true"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kissimmee, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Kissimmee, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall it's a good company to work for with opportunity to make good money. Coworkers for the most part are respectful and professional.

Cons

Poor leadership. A few managers are allowed to disrespect employees. They might be encouraged to act more like an old fashioned boss then a real leader.

Advice to Management

Leadership skills training should be implemented. The learn as you go approach is outdated. A great company like Room To Go deserves great leaders.

3. "rooms to go"

Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Suwanee, GA
    Current Employee - Warehouse Associate in Suwanee, GA

Pros

I was working there as a warehouse Associate, they have good benefits and you get a lot of hours

Cons

People always has stuff going during a journey like being sick stuck in traffic stuff like that.. you miss a couple of time you fired

Advice to Management

management was not that good

"Great company"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Altamonte Springs, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Benefits are great, pay is good, company's policy on "No haggle pricing" keeps the sales team honest and accurate.

Cons

Sales staff that cause problems on the floor see no real repercussions. Laziness is overly tolerated.

Advice to Management

Invest more in the training and nip the problems that arise so that they do not continue to happen.

"This company grows stronger year after year and shares with those who put forth their all."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clermont, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Working at rooms to go has allowed me to have the dreams that we dream of creating while we are studying in our classrooms. Example, cars, fashions, electronic, homes, dignity, appreciation of life, and to meet some of the best coworkers and customers that anyone would love to meet. I've been blessed to work for a company that allows you to worship as you desire. As long as you have integrity and a wanting to get ahead and be a positive role model for your family, friends.and/or coworkers, this is the place for you.I've been with this company for over 16 years and I hope to continue 16 more!!!

Cons

I write a million dollars yearly in Furnishing and be missing the $900,000 plus difference in my personal bank account (Lol)

Advice to Management

More shout out to your leaders will encourage more to step up. Unfortunately, there will always be the haters. If they can't, they make noise and try to throw you off. Just remember why you are at work...you, your family and your faith should be the reason. My wife keeps me in her constant prayer and you know what??? It works!!!

7. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Melbourne, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Melbourne, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great company. Takes care of all its employees . Our regional motto is to do the right thing! And they do. A good attitude trickles down and you can see that. They promote from within as well.no better furniture company to be a part of. Like family.

Cons

Working weekends. But that's retail.thank you for not having midnight sales anymore....I wish our region would take reselects that are a year or older and let anybody get new sale .like south does.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!!!!

"My tenure here at Rooms To Go have been great."

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Clermont, FL
    Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in Clermont, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company started small and have grown tremendously, even though it is a multi million dollar company they keep true to their family values traits.

Cons

Like any other retail company we deal with the public and not every individual is the same, however we must adapt to serve each individual needs. This is not a con but can sometimes seem challenging to some, I however welcome this kind of challenge.

Advice to Management

One thing about Rooms To Go, is it's open door policy to upper management. At anytime you can pick up the phone and instantly talk to the VP at a moments notice. Also we have a anonymous Ethics Hotline, so which means getting in touch with upper management is always easy.

"Word on the street, RTG is the place to be"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Daytona Beach, FL

Pros

Great benefits, supportive management, limitless income potential

Cons

Demanding work schedule, routine can become mundane and repetitive over time

Advice to Management

Management goes above and beyond to make sure you have all the tools and training you need to be successful whether you've been in sales for years or this is your first go round.

10. "Wonderful workplace/Co-workers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seffner, FL

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great work environment
    -Plenty of room for growth
    -Private company
    -Benefits are very good!

Cons

None that would keep me from working here at all!

11. "Sales Associate"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Rooms To Go full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company supplies decent benefits like discounts on phone service like Verizon, Sprint ,t-mobile and At&T. This is a 100% commissioned position, so you make what you sell. We have a 40 hour work week each week. Decent health benefits.

Cons

Company encourages hard sell techniques on bond aka fabric and leather protection. Company encourage usually hard sell on mattresses for each bedroom package sold.