Rooms To Go Employee Reviews about "weekends and holidays"
63% would recommend to a friend
(130 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and 401k" (in 135 reviews)
- "1. Pay is great if you put in the work" (in 82 reviews)
- "if you want to be in retail furniture sales it is where you can make good money." (in 52 reviews)
- "Love the customers helping them set up furniture they love after setup love traveling to new places interacting with the people and public great company" (in 44 reviews)
- "Good work environment" (in 20 reviews)
- "Poor management communication." (in 49 reviews)
- "Long hours with not a lot of things to do and you have to work all the holidays no exceptions." (in 38 reviews)
- "A few managers are allowed to disrespect employees." (in 32 reviews)
- "No Work life balance your out all day and night some days" (in 30 reviews)
- "Long hours as is the case with all retail; weekends (Saturday and Sunday) are gone" (in 24 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rooms To Go and is not affected by filters.
Found 130 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "weekends and holidays"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 18, 2016Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMidland, TX
Being in sales makes it easy to make as much money as you'd like as long as you have the people skills and certain product knowledge
The hours are terrible. Working mid-day (9-6 or 12-9) shifts and every weekend makes it hard to have a family or a social life outside of work.3Rooms To Go Response8y
Thank you for your feedback. Retail hours are one of the most challenging aspects of the retail industry! Being in the stores when it’s the busiest (nights, weekends, and holidays) allows for the best earning potential for our associates. Given we’re open seven days a week, our store managers have a lot to balance when scheduling to cover the entire time. We do try and be as accommodating as possible for requested time off and when unforeseen situations arise. At a high level and for full-time sales associates, you earn 1 week of paid vacation every 6 months worked and 5 personal days per year. We have 6 company paid holidays. If our stores are open during any of those holidays, 1 paid day is given within 30 days of that holiday. We encourage you to communicate with management regarding your time-off needs as soon as possible so every effort can be made to keep our stores staffed properly and provide your requested time off. We appreciate your feedback and hope the summary of our time off benefits is helpful to others
- 3.0Oct 10, 2011Office AssistantFormer EmployeeSeffner, FL
Depends on your manager or if the recession picks up. Company offers health and dental coverage after 90 days or 6 months, but you sign up only once a year. No overtime.
Some lower end managers think they are God and abuse power.working in clearance store environment here is alot of chaos on weekends. SLOW during the week. No overtime.
- 5.0Jun 18, 2011Sales AssociateFormer EmployeeAtlanta, GA
Casual but professional atmosphere; beautiful showrooms, incredible opportunities as we're truly the "most spoiled associates" in this industry with compensations and benefits.
Long hours as is the case with all retail; weekends (Saturday and Sunday) are gone- not really a good life for those with a young family.2
- 5.0Oct 25, 2014
Great company, Great V.P I don't normally write reviews but I read a review I just can't believe. I have worked in 2 different locations in Larry Higgins regions. This region is consistent with the message educate motivate and elevate When someone's volume doesn't reach standards everyone tries to help from store management to upper management. I read a review which was unbelievable full of negativity and lies. I was on a conference call the same as another individual. It was obvious they are the exception and failing. There are always situations and disagreements that can happen with the sales associates but I work with no one cutthroat I have worked multiple stores with multiple managers and have never seen anything like that I love my jobAnonymous EmployeeCurrent Employee
The money and people. Great furniture honest prices team atmosphere. The company has great benefits, health plan, 401(k) and vacation time
I really don't have any cons to say with the exception of working holidays and weekends It is part of the retail environment that I've had to deal with.2
- 5.0Mar 3, 2016ManagerCurrent EmployeeTampa, FL
I'm a 20 year employee of RTG. Everything that was told to me in my initial interview was true. The opportunity in sales is just what they told me, an opportunity. In any sales job it's up to you. A salesperson creates their pay check and RTG gave me the chance to create a nice living. I'm surprised to read some of the negative comment about the hours because in retail you know what you're getting into when you start. Retail is retail and it is what it is. RTG has the best CEO in the business and he really does care about his associates.
None. In this industry it's the best. Are there jobs out there that work a simple 9 to 5 and weekends off? You bet, but RTG is the best in furniture which is a retail job.1
- 5.0Dec 10, 2014Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent EmployeeTampa, FL
Great workplace great management very family oriented and a great place for anyone who wants a job they can move up the food chain in.
Work every weekend and long hourse but this is expected and for me personally ill take any overtime i can get.