Rooms To Go Employee Reviews about "work every weekend"
63% would recommend to a friend
(36 total reviews)
81% approve of CEO
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "Great benefits and 401k" (in 130 reviews)
- "Pay was good and the workers make the job worth it" (in 84 reviews)
- "if you want to be in retail furniture sales it is where you can make good money." (in 54 reviews)
- "Love the customers helping them set up furniture they love after setup love traveling to new places interacting with the people and public great company" (in 45 reviews)
- "Very good commission." (in 20 reviews)
- "Poor management communication." (in 50 reviews)
- "Long hours with not a lot of things to do and you have to work all the holidays no exceptions." (in 39 reviews)
- "Managers argue w/ employees about whether they can WFH or what day they will make it up." (in 32 reviews)
- "No Work life balance your out all day and night some days" (in 29 reviews)
- "Long hours as is the case with all retail; weekends (Saturday and Sunday) are gone" (in 23 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Rooms To Go and is not affected by filters.
Found 36 of over 1K reviews
Updated Dec 2, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "work every weekend"Return to all Reviews
- 3.0Oct 18, 2016Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearMidland, TX
Being in sales makes it easy to make as much money as you'd like as long as you have the people skills and certain product knowledge
The hours are terrible. Working mid-day (9-6 or 12-9) shifts and every weekend makes it hard to have a family or a social life outside of work.3Rooms To Go Response8y
Thank you for your feedback. Retail hours are one of the most challenging aspects of the retail industry! Being in the stores when it’s the busiest (nights, weekends, and holidays) allows for the best earning potential for our associates. Given we’re open seven days a week, our store managers have a lot to balance when scheduling to cover the entire time. We do try and be as accommodating as possible for requested time off and when unforeseen situations arise. At a high level and for full-time sales associates, you earn 1 week of paid vacation every 6 months worked and 5 personal days per year. We have 6 company paid holidays. If our stores are open during any of those holidays, 1 paid day is given within 30 days of that holiday. We encourage you to communicate with management regarding your time-off needs as soon as possible so every effort can be made to keep our stores staffed properly and provide your requested time off. We appreciate your feedback and hope the summary of our time off benefits is helpful to others
- 4.0Apr 21, 2020Retail Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
Good opportunity for making money.
Work open to close every weekend and holidays from sun up to sundown.
- 5.0May 19, 2015Sales RepresentativeCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearGreensboro, NC
Money money money. It takes no skill to make a sales. People come in to buy. Great sales team. Great management. Great everything. I will be working here for many many years to come.
Work every weekend and holiday just like any retail store sales job. Long hours too and having to work 9-9 every third Saturday.2
- 2.0Feb 17, 2020Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 1 year
If your a sales professional I cant really think of any positives about working here.
Work every weekend and holiday. Then just to disrupt your work/life balance even more they refuse to give anyone 2 days off in a row. The onboarding was a joke. They ask you to lie to people to sell the worthless ESC (warranty) and it's a big deal if you dont get it even though company policy directly says it should be 100% optional. Commissions to be paid on any given product can be and is without notice. The managers make less than the sales therefore management is nonexistent. I could go on and on. Just do yourself a favor and find a better job before you get stuck here.4
- 4.0Jun 6, 2021SalesCurrent Employee, more than 5 years
If you put in the work you can make money
Every single weekend and holiday you work. Not only do you work but you work open to close basically.
- 5.0Dec 10, 2014Customer Service RepresentativeCurrent EmployeeTampa, FL
Great workplace great management very family oriented and a great place for anyone who wants a job they can move up the food chain in.
Work every weekend and long hourse but this is expected and for me personally ill take any overtime i can get.