Roosevelt Paper Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Ted Kosloff

1. "Should Be Called Roosevelt Paper Business School"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company flat out understands business and has their "Roosevelt" way of doing things. Don't fight it. Just do it! Learn from these guys because you can apply their business methods to just about anything else you might do.

Cons

You're not gonna get rich working for Roosevelt. You'll do okay. But you might get rich using their ideas some other place.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Change your name to Roosevelt Business School.

"Outside Sales Representative"

Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Newark, NJ
    Former Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Newark, NJ

I worked at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO is hands on with the sales staff and stays in contact with them frequently. He was a joy to speak with and a family man. Also, most inside reps are great people but are too controlled by management to work one on one (everything has to be run through management).

Cons

Management is horrible and will micro manage every aspect of your job.

Not like any other outside sales position.

Management ensures they are "helping you" run your territory by going over your head and calling your customers which in turn ruins relationships and trust you've worked hard to develop with them.

Two of my largest customers would not let upper management in the building. That shows the type of respect they are given!

Never time for family as they make this job your life. You are required to work over 40 hour weeks along with nightly call reports, follow up sheets, etc. that is required to be sent in nightly. Also, management works in the office on Sundays and will email you expecting answers during that time. Basically expecting you to give up your soul to sell paper.

Computer software is completely out of date. Unlike most companies that use live systems like Salesforce, Roosevelt uses out of date software and make you replicate nightly in order for your daily activity to push through to the next day. This causes a lot of miscommunication between inside and outside sales reps as well as with customers.

Overall the environment is very stressful and makes it very difficult to do your job. If you are a salesperson with years of experience, I recommend you look elsewhere as you will be frustrated right from the start. My previous job before I came to Roosevelt gave me the freedom and responsibility to sell at my own pace and take control of my territory.

If you would like someone else to run your territory and harass you, question you as to why you didn't do things their way, go over your head without telling you, and create problems that can easily be avoided by not LYING to their employees and customers...then Roosevelt is a great fit for you.

Stay far far away!

Advice to Management

Stop putting yourselves before your sales team. Everyone is in it to make money, have more trust In who you hire and let them run their territories the way the feel comfortable doing so. Especially if they are succeeding at it. Also, don't wait until you're in a walker to retire. You can easily find another hobby that will give you just as big as a hard on than the power trips you're currently on!

"Awesome place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

I have been working at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Company. Very safety conscious. Cares for their employees. Owner takes the time to listen to all the employees at town meetings.

Cons

Hot in summer, cold in winter. Cyclical business. With so many employees who have worked here for such a long time (some as long as 40 years) it sometimes takes a while to get a higher paying job. Seems to be getting better however as the Company seems to be growing.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. We appreciate having a clean safe work environment where the Management cares about us.

5. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Philadelphia Main Post Office, PA

I have been working at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most sallespeople stay and retire at Roosevelt and I can see why . Good environment . The owners care and managers are supportive . Pay is good. I'm relatively new and I am
    Treated well.

Cons

Not a big company and does not seem to be much chance for advancement . You are expected to work hard but your always busy .

Advice to Management

mosty keep doing what you are doing and try to keep everyone positive.

"Good Company going down the drain"

Current Employee - Tow Motor Operator in Walton, KY
    Current Employee - Tow Motor Operator in Walton, KY

Pros

Monthly incentives for quality production, annual safety bonus. The pay was well above average considering the type of work. Did not work weekends.

Cons

Uses dated technology in warehouse environment, including handwritten records and 20 year old lift trucks that were constantly breaking down. Encouraged employee recommendations but would not listen to suggestions for change. Most people there were 30 year+ employees who if you ended up on their bad side would use their seniority to make working there miserable. Workflow was based off of what paper they could sell and when they could sell it which made overtime unpredictable. At some points you could be forced working 60 hour weeks for months.

Advice to Management

For a company who claimed to have made 83 million in annual income last year they need to make some serious investments in newer technology and equipment instead of running a dieing location into the ground or just close the place down altogether.

"Good Company"

Former Employee - Office Worker in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Office Worker in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Family atmosphere. Offer Good benefits package. Fair pay. Owners are involved. Managers are all pretty good and mostly caring people.

Cons

Small company so there is not much room for advancement. Most people have been in the same positions for many years but they seem to like it.

"Sales Rep."

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The money and benefits are good.

Cons

Management is so 2-faced. Very unprofessional. They can't be trusted. They turn their backs on problems and leave the sales people hanging.

Advice to Management

They need to develop some integrity. The sales mgr is the worst I have seen.

9. "Great People"

Current Employee - Office in Main Settlement, NY
    Current Employee - Office in Main Settlement, NY

I have been working at Roosevelt Paper full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

From ownership to the people that work there I find Roosevelt to be like a family . It's hard work but the pay is fair and the good benefits are good.

Cons

Hard work but what isn't that's worthwhile and I know everybody is also working hard.

Advice to Management

consider promoting more people

"I used to work there"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Mount Laurel, NJ

Pros

It's a job - hard to come by these days

Cons

You might get laid off.

Advice to Management

none to give

"Outside Sales Rep"

Pros

Great opportunity to make Money!
    Company takes care of you very well...Great Benefits!
    Management wants you to succeed and will help you do so.
    I wanted to take the next step in my sales career and Roosevelt has helped me do so.

Cons

Really nothing that stands out as a con. They will keep you very busy, but as a sales rep busy means making money.