Roscoe Properties Reviews | Glassdoor

3.2
Roscoe Properties President Jason Berkowitz
Jason Berkowitz

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Roscoe is a growing company that trains and develops their people from with in" (in 6 reviews)

• "Great fast paced environment and a way to meet great co-workers and supervisors" (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "This company is growing so quickly it can't keep anything organized, and invests NOTHING in keeping their employees" (in 7 reviews)

• "Upper management does not seem to care about onsite staff" (in 11 reviews)

1. "A Workplace That Offers Opportunity for Everyone!"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Roscoe Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Roscoe is a growing company that trains and develops their people from with in. This allows opportunities for advancement and makes it a great place to start and continue your career!

Cons

The company is growing and things can move fast at times but they have a great corporate support team to help you take on any challenges.

Nov 21, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

We truly appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. We know we are able to experience this exciting growth because of our hard-working employees and we will continue to provide the... More

2. "Overall okay"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Austin, TX

I worked at Roscoe Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with, HR department was great

Cons

A lot of work for essentially no reward or pay

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees wants/needs

Mar 13, 2019 – Roscoe Properties

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. We can assure you that your comments have been shared across our team, as we welcome all positive feedback and recommendations for... More

"Unethical & Political Practices"

Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Leasing Agent in Houston, TX

I worked at Roscoe Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Salaries were decent, and onsite teams were diverse.

Cons

Policy has been broken on numerous occasions, especially within corporate offices and practices. Actions by those with elevated positions have become extremely political, and distasteful mainly due to the fact that these actions and overall company decisions were done all to benefit oneself, and their salaries(not to mention favoritism within corporate and gossip). Communities are always short staffed and limited to budget to benefit the company even if it meant doubling the onsite duties and lowering community quality, therefore impacting the results of the work, and overall resident satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Correct the behavior within corporate offices. Spend what is necessary to maintain a luxury community operating like a luxury community should. Provide adequate training to improve and develop onsite staff. Avoid dismissing employees based on company judgement and gossip.

Mar 11, 2019 – Roscoe Properties

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and feedback. Integrity is one of our main values, so we work hard every day to provide an atmosphere of respect and trust by treating each... More

4. "Leasing Agent"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in Austin, TX

I have been working at Roscoe Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really good management. With many opportunities to move up.

Cons

You are required to do a lot of administrative tasks

Advice to Management

Change the role of the leasing agent. You should hire someone to market, and a separate person to sale.

Dec 14, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

Thank you for the positive feedback, and for letting us know about areas in which we can improve. We pride ourselves on helping our team members advance in the careers, and we’re glad to see that... More

"Run away!"

Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in San Antonio, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Property Manager in San Antonio, TX

I worked at Roscoe Properties full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Standard benefits, commission possible, growing company

Cons

This company is growing so quickly it can't keep anything organized, and invests NOTHING in keeping their employees. Employees are treated as disposable. Job roles will be changed without warning and the San Antonio corporate staff/upper management is horribly unhelpful with any issue that gets escalated to them. If you are consulted about moving properties, you will be lied to on what to expect. Attention and promotion is given to those who ingratiate themselves, not to those who just put their heads down and work. They will do almost anything to keep from paying leasing commissions which were earned. Commission payout structure is ridiculous and it is impossible to hit the leasing numbers they want unless you are at a lease-up. Corporate policies are changed or warped at need and without notice. You will have to beg for PTO and will get written up if you are sick and stay home. You will not be paid out for PTO when you leave. You will have to beg for time off for doctors appointments. Any minor mistake or infraction will be held against you and thrown in your face unless you are one of the few "favorites" with the corporate/upper management staff. You will be micro-managed and have to do redundant and asinine reports for Managers too lazy to pull the information for themselves. You will be expected to stay late to lease or complete reports, but will get in trouble for having overtime. You will be expected to drive all over your area for marketing without getting compensated for mileage. You will be required to go to the office in all weather, even if driving conditions are dangerous (icy). You will be expected to use your personal cell phone for work without compensation.

Advice to Management

Stop treating people as if they have no lives outside of work and as if they are disposable. Help your employees when they ask instead of telling them 'it will get better'. You spend so much time talking about how awesome the company and growth is without actually acting to realize your potential. The company culture went seriously downhill from when I began to when I left.

Jan 2, 2019 – Roscoe Properties

We appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback, and we regret that we weren’t able to provide you with a positive experience during your time with us. We’ll certainly take these concerns... More

"Fake people only."

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Austin, TX

I worked at Roscoe Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lots of training certificates for resume.

Cons

They’re so desperate to fill positions they’ll lie to get you in. High turn overs. They lied about micromanaging. Owners of roscoe and regionals are totally clueless to the industry. But of course act like they know what’s best. Like that friend who doesn’t have kids, but offers terribly clueless parenting advice and gets mad when you don’t follow it. Very discriminatory screening. They don’t let the managers do their job. Totally ridiculous expectations. They want Barbie looking robots to take orders and that’s it.

Advice to Management

Sell to someone who know what they’re doing in Austin and stop gentrifying my home.

Dec 14, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

We hear your concerns, and we’d like to thank you for letting us know how we can improve. Feedback like this helps us get better as a company and as individuals. If you'd like to further discuss your... More

"Only take the job if you are desperate and then keep looking"

I worked at Roscoe Properties full-time

Pros

You get health insurance right off the bat. They are trying to have more parties/ happy hours and incentives for people to "work happy". The new corporate offices are really nice.

Cons

It's a toxic environment. Everyone is overworked and people are put in positions of leadership with no leadership skills. Micro Managing is a problem in most of the departments. They have high turnover and don't hire to cover vacant the positions. Almost every department head left within 1 year.

Nov 28, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

Thank you for leaving this review. We hear you and we’re glad you took the time to voice your concerns. When making adjustments to the corporate leadership positions, we’ll take your feedback into... More

"Great company to work for"

Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Consultant in Austin, TX

I have been working at Roscoe Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company culture, excellent benefits

Cons

Leasing commissions are lower than average

Oct 17, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

Thank you for taking some time to leave this positive feedback! We're always looking for ways to improve the experience of our team members, and we'll take your feedback into account when making... More

"Leasing and I love it!"

Current Employee - Leasing Agent in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Leasing Agent in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Roscoe Properties full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Best training program, staff is wonderful, and Roscoe is ahead of the curve on their software. My managers are so positive and encouraging, and they pay is great.

Cons

Yes, we have to work on Christmas Eve and Black Friday, but I get 15 PTO days in my first year as compared to none from my previous company. I looked at the overall package and I’m very happy here.

Advice to Management

You’re doing a great job! Keep up the great work and thanks for giving me the opportunity to thrive in this environment that sets employees up for success.

Oct 8, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

Thank you for taking a few minutes out of your day to leave this review! We appreciate the positive feedback, and we will work hard to ensure that you continue to enjoy your experience with ROSCOE.

"Roscoe Properties Austin"

Current Employee - Regional Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Roscoe Properties full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is supportive. My supervisor is always there for me.

Cons

Fee management can be challenging.

Sep 26, 2018 – Roscoe Properties

Thanks so much for leaving this review. We do our best to support each other in every way possible, and we’re thrilled to see that our team members notice.