Rose RadIology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Manuel S. Rose

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great People, Fast Paced"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Rose RadIology (More than 3 years)

Pros

Compassionate, hardworking staff. Decent Benefits, PTO. Opportunity to move up, but there is a ceiling. Open to new ideas, do the leg work first before presenting. Fast paced, always something to do. Management is looking for people to advance. They are working to improve daily tools for employees and patients to bring the most current technology to the company.

Cons

Fast paced also means high stress. You can move up in the company but the pay raise usually is not effective in a timely fashion, sometimes waiting months, while doing the work. Get everything in writing to back yourself up. Some departments are click-ish.

Advice to Management

Administrative department needs more people or more money. HR needs an overhaul, or more people. Make sure promotions for staff get the raise when they were promised it. Marketing has a click, some of your best and brightest are overlooked.

2. "Disgusted. Ex employee...MRI tech."

Former Employee - MRI Tech in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - MRI Tech in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rose RadIology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None..unethical..poor pt care. $ only concern of center.

Cons

Most unethical place I ever worked. Poor MRI exams..rushed pts through..Dr Rose has no consideration for pts. He said....when their scheduled time is up they have to get off the scanner...I ( Dr Rose ) do not care if they have to come back fifteen times to complete the exam. If you had an exam done on his Stand Up Mri get it and have it reviewed by an ethical radiologist for compliance to American College of Radiology standards.....especially if you had surgery based on the results.

Advice to Management

QUIT

"Front"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Rose RadIology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

They work with you if you need days off for short notice. Can be a family oriented company depends on what center you work at.

Cons

Show favoritism, put people in position where they don't fit, a lot of budget cuts with in the company. A lot of sneaky peopl . Make this your last decision to work here.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees suggestion' . They work that department more than you.

"STAY AWAY"

Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Radiologic Technologist in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Rose RadIology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The radiologic technologists, except for one who was THE DEVIL, and the medical assistants. That's all.

Cons

EVERYTHING: I can get along with not making much money, but I cannot deal with hostility, retaliation, poor ethics and lack of morals. This is the WORST place I've ever worked. I was told not to take the job by many technologists, physicians, and even patients before I was hired at Rose, but I didn't listen. I SO REGRET working there for a measly 3 months. No wonder they are always hiring and they try every avenue to advertise for positions. It's pathetic.

Advice to Management

FIRE YOURSELVES, GET AN EDUCATION, STOP SCREWING EACH OTHER, PAY MORE...THE LIST GOES ON.

"A place to grow and become a part of a family"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Sarasota, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Little to no experience in this profession will not inhibit your potential hire or growth. Job advancement is 100% on earned merit.

I was fresh out of college when Rose Radiology gave me my start. I have had the opportunity to learn so many aspects of this profession and grow in the business/professional world.

Many employees have been here for 10+ years. It is like a family at Rose

Monday-Friday 8-5 job! Rarely do I have to work weekends or late nights unless I have an event with a client. I am able to be home with my family at a decent hour

Rose Radiology Administration has been there for me in every major life event I have had since my start date. Weather is was time off for a lost loved one or just a necessary day off to decompress, they all always find a way to make sure what I need is taken care of.

I have seen great strides in this company the last few years. Employees are now getting shift differential and technologist were just given 1 extra week of PTO. (Well deserved). Bonus plans for certain Marketing Representatives were evaluated and adjusted to allow opportunity for more bonus tiers hit throughout the year.

They focus a lot of their attention on how the patient can get better care. Very patient oriented and from my experience out in the filed our referring providers love that Rose Radiology cares about their patients.

Cons

Do not disclose much information regarding financial matters to managers or marketing reps. Believe the company could benefit from allowing the managers to be apart of the fiscal process. Right now managers are not aware of their cost vs. profit margins. Marketing is not aware of the yearly budget. It would benefit them and the company if they knew a yearly budget and they could be a part of the decision on what to do with the finances.

HR department – Very very hardworking and probably work longer hours than anyone in the company. Could benefit from a more structured approach. Could also be more neutral on processes involving employees in relation to the company.

Advice to Management

Embrace your management team. Allow them to be a part of a certain level of fiscal decisions.

Continue to be there for everyone and continue to offer employees your open door and a place where they can confide in someone both professionally and personally.

"Only a stepping stone"

Current Employee - Front Desk in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Rose RadIology full-time

Pros

I like the family atmosphere within my center.

Cons

There are more bad than good things that can be said about this company.
    1. There is lack of communication.
    2. If you have an issue with management they say open door policy is allowed meaning we can go above and voice our concerns with admin and even Dr. Rose. However, you never get a response which leads to things not getting resolved.
    3. I researched average pay rates for front desk positions within Brandon and we are below that average.
    4. Regular pay increases don't happen. You have to request to be evaluated.
    5. There are no incentives, bonuses.
    6. The training process for new employees isn't productive or realistic.
    7. Employees aren't shown appreciation within the company.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees. Although, we are replaceable why make it so easy to let the hardworking employees go on to search for other employment? What does that accomplish? You get new employees who can be hired at lower rates, but have you ever heard the phrase you get what you pay for? Management should be held accountable for more things instead of pushing off their responsibilities onto other employees. Newbies should be trained by someone who is familiar with everything as they will be multitasking. Trainers should be hired to help with new employees so that front desk and other positions aren't taken from their responsibilities. It's a lot to deal with and they should be given a fair opportunity for someone to focus on them. If that isn't an option management should be responsible for dealing with new hires. Bring bonuses back. They were few and far between, but when we were able to get them it was a great morale booster. Affordable insurance would be great too!

"Medical records"

Former Employee - Medical Reocrds in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Medical Reocrds in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rose RadIology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A steady pay check, even though the pay is extremely low especially for a company that treats their employees rotten.

Cons

There is no communication even though they have a so-called "open door policy", be careful trying to go to administration, they do not want to hear you nor do they really care!

Advice to Management

Give yearly raises instead of making employees ask for one, only to turn them down. COMMUNICATE with employees and educate the "directors" on a little professionalism. Administration could use some training too!

"Scheduler/Front Desk"

Current Employee - Front Desk/Scheduler in Sarasota, FL
    Current Employee - Front Desk/Scheduler in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Rose RadIology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very flexible when it comes to needing to take time off when your kids are sick or you're sick

Cons

Need more pay for the employee when they are training new staff members....need staff members who are competent, can multi-task, and is willing to work. Front Supervisors need to really know how to supervise and not chit chat while their front desk staff is working

Advice to Management

Directors need to be available more for the staff to communicate better and also need enforce needed guidelines for contrasted studies to prevent losing patients due to having a I don't care attitude. Need to show staff members more appreciation especially when they are going over and beyond our job description

"Desk"

Former Employee - Desk in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Desk in Tampa, FL

I worked at Rose RadIology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Holiday Pay. Otherwise, I cannot think of anything really positive to write about this place of employment. There are more cons about this institution than there ever were any pros.

Cons

First of all, I am NOT a former disgruntled employee just saying negative just to do so..... any warnings you read on this web site, please heed, save yourself any future grief you WILL suffer later on; they are all true. The way I feel about this place is what most of the majority of the employees who work here feel. The "head man" is so arrogant and full of himself, he can't see past his self-inflicted halo and I would really be interested to know if he treats his patients any better than he does his employees. The pay is lower than low and he should give regular raises and spread the "wealth" because there are good employees here and they deserve much better pay. Any person(s) who wrote anything positive on this web site probably was suffering from delusions of grandeur or blinded by the "halo" he wears and/or knows someone in management to get preferential treatment. AGAIN - READ ALL WARNINGS AND LISTEN TO THEM!

Advice to Management

Treat your employees like YOU want to be treated. COMMUNICATE with your employees and keep them and treat them like humans and not pawns or insignificants. GIVE RAISES AND HIGHER START PAYS - Dr. Rose needs to stay at home and not have contact with any people, fire the management staff and start all over with some management that has experience, care, and values.

"Marketing"

Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Palm Harbor, FL
    Former Employee - Marketing Representative in Palm Harbor, FL

I worked at Rose RadIology (Less than a year)

Pros

Held accountable for wins and losses, networking, connections, not typical desk job.

Cons

Disorganized management, a lot of jobs that entail with marketing and work phone rings all the time.