Rosecrance Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated November 3, 2017

Full-timePart-time

Philip W Eaton

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Beautiful pay and good hours"

Pros

Good hours , pay , and employees

Cons

May conflict with your school schedule

2. "Unit Technician"

I worked at Rosecrance full-time

Pros

Casual atmosphere, diverse coworkers, free meals when in charge of the group, good PTO and benefits.

Cons

Long shifts, unpredictable hours and overtime if there's an issue on your unit, sometimes unrealistic expectations by higher-ups

Advice to Management

Try to remember what it's like to be a Unit Tech. I often felt like their expectations were unrealistic and the rules too rigid. I always felt like I flourished when I felt trusted to take charge of the group didactics.

3. "Counselor"

Former Employee - Counselor in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Counselor in Rockford, IL

I worked at Rosecrance full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Amazing and dedicated coworkers. Powerful mission that motivates. Benefit packages are wonderful, especially for a long term employee. Well kept facilities.

Cons

Top heavy in regards to executive leadership pay vs the salary range for direct care and lower management positions. Significant disparity between what is marketed as best practices and what is actually practiced in treatment settings. Best practices are compromised for financial gain. Cliques and politics are webbed into the dysfunctional culture. If you are not with the “it” crowd, then you are not good enough no matter what your bring to the team.

Advice to Management

Punitive disciplinary approach towards employees rather than utilizing strength based approach. More focus on “coaching out” rather than “coaching and mentoring” to enhance performance. Listen to staff giving feedback. They are the feet on the ground and in the trenches everyday. The feedback is valid. Dont dismiss or ignore it and then accuse lower management on poor retention rates. People leave the organization. Not the supervisor.

4. "Manager"

I have been working at Rosecrance full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I love working at Rosecrance. I like the opportunities provided to me for professional growth. I also appreciate and value the mission focus of the organization to provide help and recovery to clients with substance abuse and mental health issues. The Rosecrance Way informs our culture to listen with our heart, think outside the box, and focus on solutions not obstacles.

Cons

Working with individuals and families with Addiction and Mental Health disorders can be challenging but the rewards are immense. When people find out I work for Rosecrance, I hear many words of thanks about how Rosecrance helped their son, daughter, brother, husband, sister, wife achieve recovery.

"Values money more than the agency's mission."

Former Employee - Case Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rosecrance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clients, coworkers. Services the agency provides is great and has dedicated people. Staff truly care about the work they are doing and only stick around as long as they do because of the clients. But everyone has a breaking point. Training department was fantastic and actually something I miss at my new job. Very organized and helpful and ensured credentials were maintained.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of time management to manage extremely high case loads, money hungry, doesn't value employees, benefits only look good on paper, horrible HR department, management encouraged to give employees low scores on evaluations to avoid full raise, doesn't know how to boost morale, negative attitude from HR/management, doesn't value front line staff and sees them as warm bodies to generate billable services (which equals money). Wastes money on keeping up appearances.

Advice to Management

Revamp your HR department. No one in HR knows how to effectively communicate, unless you consider bullying, intimidation, condescension, and accusatory tones "effective". And value the employees that carry out the work. THEY are the ones that make a difference in the clients' lives... not management... not corporate. They are vital to the success of the agency and yet they are seen only for their potential to generate money for Phil.

"Great organization to work for"

I have been working at Rosecrance full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I absolutely love working for Rosecrance and would recommend the organization to anyone currently considering a position there. I know many employees at various Rosecrance locations who are dedicated to the work that we do and the clients that we serve. Do not let some of the bad reviews on this website discourage you from applying - this is a big organization with many employees, and the few that have had a negative experience may use this website as an outlet. Understand that there are sometimes two sides to a story. Rosecrance strives to communicate with their employees effectively regarding changes within the organization, and I believe that they do a great job of building a workforce of engaged & dedicated employees.

Cons

Rosecrance has high standards and expects a lot from their employees. You should expect to work hard and the organization rewards and recognizes employees for their hard work. If someone is not willing to meet these high expectations, they may be disappointed or dissatisfied.

7. "Low salary"

Former Employee - Case Manager in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Case Manager in Rockford, IL

I worked at Rosecrance (More than a year)

Pros

There are plenty of opportunities for training and a culture that embraces ongoing learning and education. The work hours were okay.

Cons

The rate of pay is low in comparison to jobs of its equal. For a company that treats substance abuse, there were zero testing done here post hire, but a need is present.

"Counselor"

I worked at Rosecrance full-time

Pros

Benefits pto services that are provided

Cons

Favoritism, no support from management

Advice to Management

Pay attention to staff, stop ignoring what's in your face. Rosecrance focus more on numbers and being the best, often things as far as staff care is being missed. They don't see how staff gets treated from outside sources, discrimination, judgement, regarding remarks .... employees are burnt out and that's what's going to continue to cause those that love the job to leave

9. "Intake Coordinator"

I worked at Rosecrance full-time

Pros

local and an easy drive

Cons

critical, unsupportive staff, and a poor environment

Advice to Management

lighten up on staff, offering more productive feedback

10. "Clerk"

Former Employee - Clerk in Rockford, IL
    Former Employee - Clerk in Rockford, IL

I worked at Rosecrance full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Healthcare benefits and 8 hours PTO every pay check.

Cons

Very low pay and office politics. High turn over rate.

Advice to Management

Give your employees decent wages and increase. But the BS of following the "Good to Great" crap.