Rosetta Reviews in Cleveland, OH | Glassdoor

Rosetta Cleveland Reviews

Updated February 8, 2017

Cleveland, OH Area

Pros
  • Work/life balance is optimal as team members can work from home or early/late as needed (in 25 reviews)

• Almost everyone in the SF office can work from home most days (more on that later) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Sometimes there isn't much work/life balance, lot of late nights (in 9 reviews)

• HIGH turnover rate - more specifically in the LA office (in 16 reviews)

1. "Former Intern"

Former Employee - Intern in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Intern in Cleveland, OH

Pros

really cool, casual, fun, young

Cons

Crazy workload, felt undervalued. They talk themselves up to be way better than they are

"Senior Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rosetta, in my opinion, is one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio. With challenging work, and a laid back culture I feel motivated to do a good job without being micro-managed. Tammy Soars (current President) has a real outlook on the future and is doing a great job at communicating the state of the agency.

Cons

I don't disagree that there has been a lot of change with the mergers, but that's agency life. None of the changes have been negative.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open and transparent in regards to changes, agency stability, and client wins.

"Amazingly talented people, challenging work, driven and fun culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Talented, young & driven culture who still knows how to have fun. Someone who is looking to extend a little bit the college feel while balancing that out with being driven to succeed at their career will find Rosetta a perfect fit. You will also be able to work with a many big name clients.

Cons

Need more training in certain key positions so that there is a sense of consistency of service provided to both clients and internal teams. This will also help new employees in new positions know what to do and how to do it. Also need a common set of protocols for addressing and resolving general client issues. Long hours.

Advice to Management

Provide more formalized training for all positions and levels with clear protocols of "this is how we do it at Rosetta". Pay for overtime.

"Mergers and Acquisitions"

Former Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Director in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Rosetta is a solid company, but very much in transition, at least in the Cleveland area. Eons ago, it was a solid, growing presence of a technology consultancy, and recently was starting to do so well.

Cons

With acquisition by Publicis, merger into Razorfish Global, and being subsumed by Publicis.Sapient, Rosetta has lost its way. The "main reason" Rosetta was acquired by Publicis was for its great technology chops, however, Publcis has no idea what the scale and type of work technology implementation projects bring. Delays, overruns and technical issues all were shocks to leadership used to running ad buying campaigns. Publicis leadership, notably the Chief Strategy Officer at Razorfish Global has been working to kill off Rosetta's involvement in doing large technology implementations, and given the attitudes, leadership viewpoints and lack of autonomy, is going to succeed thanks to staff attrition.

Advice to Management

Decide what you want to be and become it. Quit trying to be all things to everyone, as a company that boasts itself as having 1200 folks and actually having less than 500 badged employees isn't large enough to be that broad.

"Mixed experience"

Current Employee - Vice President in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Vice President in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly and supportive environment. Projects can be interesting. Great work life balance and a lot of flexibility in the workplace. Terrific reputation in the marketplace. Strong vendor relationships. Solid comp and benefits.

Cons

The company feels like it is a matryoshka doll and in limbo, waiting to be resorbed into Razorfish or Sapient or Publicis. Greater than normal attrition at all levels, with no visible actions to stem the losses. Employees are not managed or mentored, you're pretty much on your own. Impossible to keep track of all the C-levels at all levels of the doll and what they actually do.

Advice to Management

Make a plan, define who we are and where we're going. Start actively managing employees.

Sep 2, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your review. Rosetta has experienced many changes in the past year and we understand employees can often become uncertain and sometimes even confused. Our leadership recognizes that as ... More

"Project manager"

Current Employee - Senior Solution Manager in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Solution Manager in Cleveland, OH

Pros

People are awesome, the work is fun. The clients are well known.

Cons

Company changes often. Too often we went through more CEOs than Browns head coaches

Advice to Management

Stability

8. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Pros

Enterprise Projects , More challenge

Cons

I believe poor Management to take care of smart employees !!

Sep 2, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We are always happy to hear when our employees enjoy the work that we do and feel challenged. Rosetta wants to see our employees grow and reach their personal and career ... More

"Things might change, but I doubt it"

I worked at Rosetta full-time

Pros

The People... I had the opportunity to work along side some of the best and brightest people in the industry. This includes account management and technology. This is a great place for young people to start a career, be exposed to great clients, learn good skills and methodologies. Rosetta has some of the best eCommerce technologists, bar none. Work life balance can be seen as skewed at times, but that is the life of a consultant.

Cons

Rosetta has long struggled finding meaningful ways for senior technologists to stay engaged. The very top performers are rewarded, but the bulk of the work force is under-motivated and disenfranchised. The company has seen countless very experienced employees walk out the door over the past few years. The culture and mood, after what seems like quarterly "down-sizing adjustments" the last two years, has left everyone wondering when the next ax will fall. Finally, it has also become a very politically motivated environment. Senior management really has no clue how the average worker feels. They get their information from a few self-serving individuals that talk the loudest.

Advice to Management

First, contrary to the survey associated with this form, Eric Healy is no longer the CEO of Rosetta. He was removed after a very short period of time (9 months?). It is way too soon to pass any judgement on his successor, Tammy Soares, but she comes with a down-to-earth, no-nonsense attitude. Stay Tuned.

Secondly, quit relying on Survey Monkey, and a few chosen individuals to give you the pulse of the company. Most people view the Senior Management and C-Suite as living in an ivory tower with no real grasp on how employees feel. Put together a focus group across all levels of the organization to get some real feedback.

Third, don't keep saying that you are being transparent. Regardless of how many times you say it, nobody believes it. The masses will hear one thing, and then see something else the next week. The "Trusted Advisor" has been a goal for the past year, and it seems to work well when interacting with clients. You should place that same level of importance on earning the trust of your employees.

Finally, find a way to get Publicis to allow the Rosetta to set realistic profit goals. Every year since the acquisition unattainable goals are set, and then when management realizes that they will not reach those goals, they fire those with higher salaries, freeze wages and slash promotions. This is no way to run a business.

"Needs improvement"

I worked at Rosetta full-time

Pros

Work life balance. Interesting projects. Decent benefits. Can be a fun work environment

Cons

Sub market pay. No transparency from management. High attrition. No company focus or identity.

Advice to Management

Bring in true middle managers who cab inspire lower level employees

Sep 9, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We’re sorry to hear this review. Rosetta believes strongly in rewarding and fairly compensating our employees. Through our Talent Enablement program, we work closely with Publicis Groupe to ensure ... More

11. "Great Company, but No Personal Life"

Former Employee - Senior Technology Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Technology Associate in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, very flexible and challenging work

Cons

Conference calls and rollouts at Midnight, spending all my free time working to meet a deadline because everyone quit on my team.

Aug 19, 2015 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review! We know how hard our employees work and appreciate their commitment to accomplishing tasks and meeting deadlines. We understand when a team is short staffed that definitely ... More