Rosetta Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Tammy Soares

Pros
  • Work/life balance is optimal as team members can work from home or early/late as needed (in 24 reviews)

• Almost everyone in the SF office can work from home most days (more on that later) (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Employee burnout can happen quickly since sometimes you are asked to work long hours to meet deadlines (in 17 reviews)

• Sometimes there isn't much work/life balance, lot of late nights (in 9 reviews)

1. "Demanding"

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Marketing Director in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to digital projects and collaborating working environment

Cons

Long hours, demanding, not the friendliest people

2. "Great Opportunity"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I worked at Rosetta for over 4 years and really enjoyed my experience. It was a high expectation environment that helped me to learn and grow. The strong investment in performance management helped me to better understand my strengths and work on my areas of opportunity.

Cons

I had eventually left Rosetta because it was becoming more unstable (with multiple organizational restructures a year) and bureaucratic. The culture of the company was starting to drift away as leaders clamored for a voice and power in an ever-shifting environment. What I have found is that people who were willing to put up with this have really had good financial opportunities, but I couldn't deal with it anymore.

3. "Great place to start a career then trade up"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

there is a lot of creative and tech talent in San Luis Obispo

Cons

unclear vision, office politics, poor leadership, lowest workplace morale I have ever experienced

Advice to Management

hahaha management is too busy telling each other how great they are they to take advice

4. "Lost in Organization"

Former Employee - Vice President in Cleveland, OH
    Former Employee - Vice President in Cleveland, OH

I worked at Rosetta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The downtown office was a nice location with great pay, benefits, and work flexibility. Lead Technology Partner in Cleveland was outstanding all around

Cons

Rosetta was struggling to find itself as a member of the Publicis/Sapient/Razorfish organization. As a result, there were many reorgs, layoffs, and lack of consistent direction.

With some noted exceptions, leadership had little desire to mentor and develop people.

Advice to Management

After a career of delivering on budget and on time, nearly every Rosetta project I observed was late and over budget. Better planning and monitoring is needed to produce better results.

5. "Awesome place to work..."

Current Employee - Java/J2EE Developer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Java/J2EE Developer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You can get a chance to learn, work and get expertise on specific technology.

Cons

Don't think of any yet!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work...

6. "Sr Associate"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in San Luis Obispo, CA

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Flexibility, benefits, clients, location, people

Cons

Nepotism, no middle management, don't invest in their people

Advice to Management

Treat employees like you treat the clients and HR need to play a bigger role in the human side of their job.

7. "Great Work Environemt"

Former Employee - Interactive Production Artist in San Luis Obispo, CA
    Former Employee - Interactive Production Artist in San Luis Obispo, CA

I worked at Rosetta (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked at Rosetta as a contractor right out of college. It was good work, and I learned alot. Also, the corporate culture is very communal (lots of mid-20's employees, lots of company events to encourage socializing). Overall a great place to work.

Cons

There could be better communication from HR about contractor working timelines.

"Mediocre"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

You will enjoy more paid holidays than is usual. You may take on as much responsibility as you can handle.

Cons

Project roles are somewhat decoupled from job title (level and salary). You will find it difficult to gain a promotion if you have not held your current job title for quite a while. Most projects are similar enough that the work becomes repetitive after some time.

Advice to Management

I would like to see formal career paths and regular formal performance reviews. The existing career management system seems largely ineffectual.

9. "Rosetta Shared Services"

I worked at Rosetta full-time

Pros

Culture, people, overall a very fu place to work. Innovation and office space are great. You will learn a lot from your coworkers.

Cons

Work life balance. It is not uncommon to put in a sixty hour plus work week. If you want to see any kind of career growth, this isn't optional. Leadership is often based on personal relationships.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent. Keep the employees informed of the success and challenges the organization faces. Hire true leadership, not college buddies, to take the organization to the next level.

"Good place to work, but not a lot of room for growth"

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Rosetta full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good benefits
    - Decent PTO
    - Trust from Project team
    - Great people/ Great culture
    - Flexible/ work from home

Cons

Client accounts are bigger than they used to be, so you're often stuck on the same client for a long long time and it's hard to get off. That can be a good thing and a bad thing. Good because you become a subject matter expert at your project. Bad because you get to a point of burn out and can't get off the account. There isn't a lot of room to grow in certain positions. The company has been acquired multiple times, adding several sister agencies under one umbrella. It used to feel like a smaller company, a tight knit family, the moral was higher and there was more of a "Make your own way" mentality. Since being acquired and several leadership changes, the moral has consistently been low, you kind of feel like you're just a tiny tiny piece of a large large company, and it's hard to feel like you are really making a difference in the company.

Advice to Management

Switch people off of projects before they get to a point of burn out, if that's what they desire.