KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rosetta Stone

Engaged Employer

Rosetta Stone

Add a Review

Rosetta Stone Employee Reviews about "culture"

Updated Jul 12, 2022

Found 49 of over 496 reviews

3.6
Rosetta Stone CEO John Hass (no image)
John Hass

Technical Account Manager

62 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Met great people via the intraoffice blog(in 54 reviews)
  • "A great benefit is being able to utilize the Rosetta Stone software to learn another language so I can grow with the company.(in 21 reviews)
  • "The people and culture here are really great.(in 16 reviews)
  • "It's a great team to be a part of and I have no regrets joining Rosetta.(in 14 reviews)
  • "2. Great work life balance and a generous corporate wellness program.(in 12 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rosetta Stone and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "culture"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great product and company.

Apr 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

It is a great product and the culture of the company is great.

Cons

Acquisition, changes, leadership, and product updates.

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Sales Director

May 14, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great company culture overall

Cons

A lot of transition and role changes

Be the first to find this review helpful
  3. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Was great, now it's meh

Feb 11, 2020 - Software Engineer in Harrisonburg, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Decent culture with regard to work/life balance and amount of work expected.

Cons

New management took over about a year ago. Our planning process has gone downhill, less get's done with lower confidence in completing it. Nobody seems to care.

Continue reading
    2 people found this review helpful

Rosetta Stone Response

SVP Product Development & Innovation - Language

Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we appreciate your feedback and advice. We agree that the Product Owner role is critical to our success and we are actively recruiting right now. Our next PI planning will be held in person as we also recognize the need for bringing our teams together. We strive to continuously improve our planning process and would appreciate any additional feedback and advice you have. Please send me an email at jhuang@rosettastone.com.

4. 1.0
    Former Employee

Wasted Years

Feb 2, 2012 - Technical Support/Technical Account Manager in City of London, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Free use of the product.

Cons

Lack of opportunity to progress even when you are showing initiative and really chasing a promotion and going above and beyond what is required of you. Lack of recognition. Extremely poor salary Extremely poor management from middle and senior management. Complete lack of culture and positive vibe in the office. Management do not practice what they continually preach when it comes to company values. Terrible decision making.

Continue reading
    4 people found this review helpful
  5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Long timer laid-off

Aug 7, 2015 -  in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Day to day office culture is positive. A lot of creative people in Production wanting to make interesting products. There is a genuine interest in helping people learn languages.

Cons

SInce going public in 2009, the company became very short-sighted in their planning. They will ramp up hiring for big projects, and if sales projections are not met, have to lay people off to make up the difference. This has happened many times over the last five years.

2 people found this review helpful