KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rosetta Stone

Engaged Employer

Rosetta Stone

Add a Review

Rosetta Stone Employee Reviews about "management"

Updated Jul 12, 2022

Found 158 of over 496 reviews

3.6
Rosetta Stone CEO John Hass (no image)
John Hass

Technical Account Manager

61 Comments

Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Met great people via the intraoffice blog(in 50 reviews)
  • "A great benefit is being able to utilize the Rosetta Stone software to learn another language so I can grow with the company.(in 28 reviews)
  • "It's a great team to be a part of and I have no regrets joining Rosetta.(in 14 reviews)
  • "The people and culture here are really great.(in 14 reviews)
  • "2. Great work life balance and a generous corporate wellness program.(in 13 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rosetta Stone and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "management"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Language Coach / Mentor

Aug 13, 2015 - Language Coach
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexible schedule, friendly and very interesting and bright co-workers and direct managers. Great product which appeals to a large cross-section of individuals and institutions. High degree of interaction with people and organizations across the globe which keeps things interesting and rewarding.

Cons

No room for advancement unless you work in a hub. Remote positions are great for what they are but don't count on ever advancing. Through acquisitions company was spreading itself too thin and evolving too quickly for a the hopes of a smooth transition. I think because of this the lines of communications really suffered. No communication from top management to the rank and file except to inform who left and who was hired. Sudden and unexpected lay-offs without explanation after having only received the highest reviews by the learners and very high monthly reviews from supervisors. No compensation or advancement despite new responsibilities and rather quick learning curve for a new product and job responsibilities.

4 people found this review helpful
  2. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Ass Kiss culture

Oct 11, 2012 - Software Developer in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nice office but getting there is a pain, hefty parking fees. Few good co-workers, if they still stick around.

Cons

Dog eat dog, ass-kiss culture. If you can 'work out' with your manager you can practically get away with anything. Lose self-esteem and become somebody's lap dog you'll go far. DON'T go there otherwise. Direction upper management has taken is less than reassuring with language learning software landscape expanding.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Fantastic

Jun 16, 2020 - English Online Tutor in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Great flexibility - Kind and approachable management team - Thorough training - Make your own schedule - Can choose to accumulate as many part time hours as you like - Enjoyable experience - Meeting a range of learners from different cultures - Thought-provoking lesson topics - Working from home is really convenient

Cons

No cons at this time, apart from it would be nice if the pay was higher - although the nature of work does match the pay grade

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty Good, but Not Great

Feb 7, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

This job has been a great door opener and I loved all of the people there. The pay was competitive, the benefits were good, and the work-life balance was good. The role I had was expanded to fill the needs I had as far as professional growth, which I appreciated.

Cons

The individual people were generally very nice, but there was some rivalry between departments that can be distracting to a point of being detrimental. The upper management was not as good as they could be at making tough decisions or conflict resolution.

1 person found this review helpful