Found 9,409 of over 10K reviews
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
What people are saying about Ross Stores
Got a burning question about Ross Stores? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Ross Stores employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "people you work with are great!! an if you are lucky you will have a DM that is really understanding of the retail world" (in 383 reviews)
- "Some coworkers were great to know and helpful" (in 376 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and close to home" (in 364 reviews)
- "They have benefits for all full times and they are great but are more for managers since they can afford the full benefits." (in 282 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule is easy to get" (in 220 reviews)
- "Bad management and very unorganized." (in 682 reviews)
- "The pay is low and you are not rewarded for working harder than other employees." (in 625 reviews)
- "Managers are rude and could careless about you they only care about you getting to work." (in 382 reviews)
- "No work / life balance" (in 146 reviews)
- "No training outside a four hour block of videos" (in 145 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ross Stores and is not affected by filters.
- 3.0Nov 30, 2023Assistant Buyer IFormer Employee, more than 1 yearLos Angeles, CA
Extensive 8 to 12 week on boarding. Learn concepts of open to buy, ladders, and item sales.
Little autonomy and decision making. Heavy workload, and not permitted overtime.
- 2.0Nov 29, 2023Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearGainesville, GA
- Higher pay than most retail stores - Flexible schedule, especially if you're a college student - 20% discounts - Teaches you how to be humble
- Can expect to close at most 3 hours after closing - Majority of coworkers and customers are rude - Never any downtime - In most cases, you are promised by the company two 15-minute and one 30-minute lunches if you work 8 hours, but you end up with one 15-minute & one 30-minute lunches/one 30 minute lunches - Doing too much with how much you're getting paid - Unprofessional and unhappy coworkers and managers - Being graded on your quickness of being a cashier despite the majority of customers paying in cash and whenever you do an exchange, you have to wait for the manager on duty to give you permission on anything over 50 dollars - Whenever it was Senior Tuesday, customers would get mad at me for not automatically giving them the discount because they didn't ask for it in the first place and having to do an exchange
- 4.0Nov 29, 2023Loss Prevention AgentFormer Employee, more than 1 yearMiami, FL
Didn't have to do much
Horrible coworkers and job environment of dealing with people who are trying to steal so they scorn you and treat you badly
Ross Stores Reviews FAQs
Ross Stores has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 9,841 reviews left anonymously by employees. 50% of employees would recommend working at Ross Stores to a friend and 42% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.
50% of Ross Stores employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Ross Stores 3.0 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.1 for culture and values and 3.1 for career opportunities.