Ross Stores Employee Reviews about "flexible hours"
50% would recommend to a friend
(536 total reviews)
58% approve of CEO
What people are saying about Ross Stores
Got a burning question about Ross Stores? Just ask!
On Glassdoor, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Ross Stores employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "people you work with are great!! an if you are lucky you will have a DM that is really understanding of the retail world" (in 379 reviews)
- "Flexible hours and very family oriented" (in 378 reviews)
- "Some coworkers were great to know and helpful" (in 373 reviews)
- "They have benefits for all full times and they are great but are more for managers since they can afford the full benefits." (in 277 reviews)
- "Flexible schedule is easy to get" (in 223 reviews)
- "Bad management and very unorganized." (in 672 reviews)
- "The pay is low and you are not rewarded for working harder than other employees." (in 625 reviews)
- "Managers are rude and could careless about you they only care about you getting to work." (in 377 reviews)
- "There is no work/life balance" (in 151 reviews)
- "No training outside a four hour block of videos" (in 147 reviews)
Ratings by Demographics
This rating reflects the overall rating of Ross Stores and is not affected by filters.
Found 536 of over 10K reviews
Updated Dec 5, 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
Reviews about "flexible hours"Return to all Reviews
- 5.0Jul 24, 2021Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 yearMooresville, NC
Short hours Flexible hours and very family oriented Great discount with a bunch of seasonal discounts First dibs on clothes and merchandise at Christmas
Sometimes very few hours and very short shifts so you could potentially work four days and only work 15 hours. Also there is a lot of staff gossip and hostility
- 2.0Oct 25, 2023BuyerCurrent Employee, more than 5 yearsNew York, NY
Competitive compensation Opportunity for buying trips
Poor after hour work life balance and boundaries Almost non existent work from home schedule/flexibility Constructive criticism can be more critical than constructive1
- 5.0Oct 17, 2022Sales AssociateCurrent Employee
The managers are very kind and flexible with work hours. I work and attend college at the same time, and they are very flexible with that. The work environment is nice and effective.
I have no complaints about this, they make me want to continue working there.
- 5.0Jul 5, 2022Sales AssociateFormer Employee, less than 1 year
Flexible hours and able to work in multiple areas of the store.
Management is ok. Would call you randomly to fill you due to low staff
- 1.0Apr 12, 2016Anonymous EmployeeFormer EmployeeWest Longview, WA
They have a good discount and you get a double discount 3 times a year. Stock purchasing options. Benefits even for part time although not worth it if you are. If you have a good store manager which this one doesn't...flexible work hours. Room for advancement if at right store
Unrealistic expectations of their stockroom. Crappy pay for the work they expect. Sometimes pt employees get only 4 hrs. Never enough payroll to have enough associates working so the lines are always long and customer get mad. Lots of external theft but they are more focused on employee theft
- 1.0Nov 30, 2010Area SupervisorFormer EmployeeSacramento, CA
If you are looking for flexible hours or you only want a holiday position it can be a good place for you to work. You get a store discount which can be nice during the holidays to help with the present budget. Fast paced.
Unprofessional management team. There is no real training at Ross, you just learn on the go. There is a lot of stress and drama within the staff, I hear this is normal for all their stores. The guest can be nasty to you.3
- 4.0Feb 22, 2021Retail Sales AssociateCurrent Employee, more than 3 yearsDeptford Township, NJ
The discount and also my store has super flexible managers in terms of hours and leniency for college students
Just regular retail stuff like rude customers and sometimes short staffed shifts
- 3.0Apr 28, 2015Anonymous EmployeeFormer Employee
The Ross values that the company holds really promote a good working atmosphere. The are very flexible with work hours and work hard to make sure you have a safe working environment. I really appreciate the patience of management and the other workers when I was new to the store as a sales associate. I made a few mistakes as I was learning but the manager really understood and worked with me to improve.
It really depends on what store you work at but we were at a store that habitually has messy customers and is frequent to attempted thefts. It was stressful just reorganizing the store everyday after the customers left.
- 4.0Jul 30, 2020Cash Office AssociateCurrent Employee, less than 1 yearRiver Grove, IL
Flexible hours and close to home
Chance for advancement is minimalRoss Stores Response4y
We value your feedback and appreciate you taking time to reach out to us.