Ross Stores "part time" Reviews | Glassdoor

Ross Stores Employee Reviews about "part time"

Updated Nov 2, 2019

3.2
Ross Stores CEO Barbara Rentler
Barbara Rentler
1,134 Ratings
Pros
  • "Employee discount of 20% all time and 40% occasionally(in 281 reviews)

• "20% discount applies everyday and as many times as you want(in 236 reviews)

Cons
  • "Part time night shift not to bad(in 209 reviews)

• "Minimum wage , no opportunities to grow(in 177 reviews)

Reviews about "part time"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "401K"

Current Employee - Mark Downs in Mira Loma, CA

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love that as part time I get the 401K and stock options. If you have 25 hrs a week you can get these benefits. I just increased my 401K to 50 % and stock option is 10%.

Cons

None great management at our store and amazing employees.

Advice to Management

Just keep telling Employees Thank You ours do and it can make your day.

Ross Stores2019-11-02
  2. "Good"

Former Employee - Zhad

I worked at Ross Stores part-time

Pros

Easy fulfilling and perfect can advance

Cons

Part time night shift not to bad

Ross Stores2019-10-20

"Area Supervisor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

I have been working at Ross Stores full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you're a part time college student or a teen who needs a part time job and still live with your parents and just need some extra money, go for it.

Cons

Overworked. Underpaid ..the pay does not equate to the amount of work + Clueless management.

Ross Stores2019-10-26

"It is an okay place"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

It is easy to move up if you want to and they're flexible with hours.

Cons

Few hours are given to part-time associates. The store environment can drastically change depending on the store manager and the area of the establishment.

Advice to Management

Reevaluate your managers because some do not belong in that position.

Ross Stores2019-10-18
  5. "Terrible Work Experience"

Current Employee - Sales Associate/Cashier

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time

Pros

Great salary for part time.

Cons

Not understanding of other commitments. Retaliation takes place often.

Ross Stores2019-10-31
  6. "Good"

Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time

Pros

Great staff. They were really helpful and encouraging

Cons

Hours could be better for part time

Ross Stores2019-09-17
  7. "unstable pay"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Hilo, HI

I worked at Ross Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

Most costumers are nice to you because they feel like they are getting a good deal on their items

Cons

Working full-time here will only happen if you are of a managerial level. Working part-time here will have your pay be unstable. They lure you in thinking that you will get 20 hours per week and after two months, that turns into 5 hours per week. They have a cashier speed measurement that is horrendous to manage. If you left your PC logged in by mistake, it would look like you were there chatting with a costumer... for a whole minute.

Ross Stores2019-09-13

"Great Job, But can be Stressful"

Current Employee - Sales Floor Team Member

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working here as it has always been a great part time job (I'm a college student) and they have very flexible hours and are willing to work with you. On most days, the customers are also very pleasant and friendly. Usually the same goes for the people you work with as well.

Cons

As far as cons, the main issue I do not agree with is not having a way to view your schedule outside of work. I'm not sure how this is at other stores, but at ours you are only able to view it if you come in and physically look at the schedule. Usually there is a printed out schedule thumb tacked on the wall. You cannot look at this one. Management at the store I work in repeatedly change the schedule and do not... alert any of the employees that there has been a change. It is also your job to come in on off days and check the schedule to make sure you don't work. Sometimes the schedule is changed during your off days (if you have more than one in a row) and you think you're supposed to be off, and you end up missing or being late to a shift simply because you were unaware of having to work. This creates unnecessary drama and tension between management and the affected employees. Besides unpredictability of the schedule, this is a great job.

Advice to Management

My best advice to management is to either nip the problem in the bud (Ross Stores as a whole company) and get an online viewing platform for scheduling that can be checked at any time - or - once the paper schedule has been printed out for the week and viewed by employees, do not change it without consent (some people have tight schedules and are trying to fit doctor's appointments and other errands into their week-... I've had to cancel two appointments due to this issue) -or- at least let affected employees know their schedule is changed, especially during their off days. You can't expect someone who is off to come in just to check a schedule on their off day.

Ross Stores2019-08-08
  9. "Great part time job"

Former Employee - Stock Associate in Bullhead City, AZ

I worked at Ross Stores part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly managers and coworkers make it easy to go to work. They can keep you permanently if you were hired as a seasonal (I was and they did), but don't expect that if you constantly call out from work. If you work in stock: Solange isn't yelling at you, she's just loud!

Cons

Depending on the season, hours can vary from 4 to 22, and sometimes more during extreme circumstances (Christmas!) but if you're go od it's usually somewhere in between. In other words it's a typical Bullhead City part time retail job. If you want to be consistently scheduled you have to be fast (as everything you do at Ross has a goal and you're timed by your supervisor), so this isn't a job for people who just... want to hang out.

Ross Stores2019-08-08
  10. "Time goes by fast because you are always busy."

Current Employee - Stock Associate in Westminster, CO

I have been working at Ross Stores part-time for more than a year

Pros

The 20 % discount is a great perk sine majority of employees are part time and get no benefits or perks.

Cons

The company is not green. Ross stores throws away Everything! Makes me sad all the waste that takes place.

Advice to Management

Better training guidelines & measures need to be in place.

Ross Stores2019-08-07