Ross University School of Medicine Reviews

Updated Oct 12, 2020

3.6
Ross University School of Medicine President, Adtalem Medical James Bartholomew (no image)
James Bartholomew
0 Rating
  1. "Good"

Current Employee - Program Facilitator in Miami, FL

I have been working at Ross University School of Medicine full-time

Pros

Benefits and place of work

Cons

Have not found one yet. New to the company

2. "Great Company to Work for"

Former Employee - Anatomy Lab Technician in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Ross University School of Medicine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Close relationships with faculty and students

Cons

The smell of clothing items never recovered

3. "none"

2.0
    Current Employee - Administration in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Ross University School of Medicine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

it's a job it's a job

Cons

no room for growth it's a job

Ross University School of Medicine Response

October 15, 2020Senior Sourcing Talent Acquisition Consultant

We are very sorry to hear this was your experience. Our goal is to ensure our employees are happy, thus we take your feedback very seriously. We’d like to learn from your experience. Please reach out to us at tafeedback@adtalem.com.

4. "Amazing work environment"

Former Employee - Admissions Coordinator in Miramar, FL

I worked at Ross University School of Medicine full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Amazing work environment Great co workers and managers Room to grow

Cons

Average wages High health insurance costs

5. "University Great, Parent Not So Much"

Current Employee - Administrator

I have been working at Ross University School of Medicine full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Mission, People, Students, Faculty, Outcomes

Cons

Parent organization has too much involvement and has little idea how to run a medical school

Ross University School of Medicine Response

October 15, 2020Senior Sourcing Talent Acquisition Consultant

6. "Excellent"

4.0
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative

I worked at Ross University School of Medicine full-time

Pros

Everything was great, especially working with the students.

Cons

None. Very enjoyable experience.

"Good place to work, could be great."

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Pros

Pay is very good compared to similar jobs. Position roles are very narrow, which makes them easy. Company culture is about normal, maybe a bit more friendly. The people are great to work with. It's full of solid entry-level jobs. There are travel and project opportunities that can be great and often come with good overtime pay.

Cons

Narrow positions makes it harder to advance to new jobs and also can get very boring and unfulfilling. Not many internal promotions that mean anything, mostly just side steps with small increases in pay. This makes the hyper specialization particularly painful since it's hard to move on to better things. You have to build skills and certifications on your own outside the company, or take a lateral position somewhere else if you want to build your career (ironically, this might mean a pay-cut). They have the ability and access to allow flexible schedules and remote work under their parent corp (Adtalem) that they don't take advantage of. The leadership is very top-down, and it causes problems with people who do the work on the front lines, who could have helped smooth out the changes and the roll-out to students.

8. "They take great care for the students and the employees"

Current Employee - Student Services Advisor

I have been working at Ross University School of Medicine full-time

Pros

Small private university with friendly colleagues

Cons

Salary levels are low, regardless of experience

"Best Place to work"

Current Employee - Communications Specialist in Miramar, FL

I have been working at Ross University School of Medicine full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Ross gives me the chance to use my skills in unique and rewarding ways unlike anywhere I’ve worked. The sense of shared responsibility and interconnectedness make Ross someplace I enjoy working. Both the Dean and our CEO are focused on diversity and excellence. At Ross, we have the opportunity to contribute to the the well being of many people by helping prepare whole generations of future doctors.

Cons

The Cons are minor at most. HR could be more responsible and connected to the rank and file colleagues, but that is certainly not a significant issue when compared to the pros.

10. "Admissions Assistant"

Former Employee - Admissions Assistant in North Brunswick, NJ

I worked at Ross University School of Medicine full-time for more than a year

Pros

Loved most of my colleagues! We would do happy hour regularly and had a softball team, holiday party, went to 6 flags once and could bring friends (free), and went on a dinner and booze cruise one year as the sun set on the water, had tuition reimbursement, all good things.

Cons

They started downsizing and everything began changing for the worse. They stopped doing fun social events and had 0 incentives anymore. People were quitting left and right and getting let go, and it became such a negative environment to work at. Then we moved locations and from then on it just was all different.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 41 English Reviews