Rotech Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Timothy C. Pigg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • They have great benefits and PTO (in 8 reviews)

• Working at Rotech Healthcare your hours are great PTO accruals are great, most employees are awesome (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • When I told upper management what was really going on I got fired (in 25 reviews)

• Medicare has made it clear that they do not care about patient care (in 18 reviews)

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - CSS in Roy, UT
    Current Employee - CSS in Roy, UT

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great PTO/ FH program. Employee appreciation is high. Fun place to work, peers and management are very helpful.

Cons

Parking could use some re-organization, but this is on the landlord not Rotech.

Advice to Management

Since New Intake Manager has come on the entire office morale has changed for the better. Her bubbly personality shines in all she does, you see it rub off on others daily. Constructive feedback program rolled out since New Manger has been on board and I love it, it really helps me understand where I am and where I need/ want to be. The Funmitee is doing an awesome job keeping events going that are fun while we get to meet our peers in other departments we might not regularly work with.
    Don't get rid of Intake Manager, if she ever leaves we have big shoes to fill!

2. "CSR III"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hmm it’s a job

Cons

Management lacking people skills. Does not know how to speak to employees with respect and dignity as it should be. Employees are treated like children

Advice to Management

Maybe you should work in an environment that doesn’t have any direct contact with Adult Humans

3. "CSR"

I worked at Rotech Healthcare part-time

Pros

I don't know of any

Cons

No training for the employees

Advice to Management

Team work

4. "Orientation"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

it's not a hard job, fun , rewarding, enjoyable

Cons

training through webinars, and so busy that there isn't one on one training

Advice to Management

try to do better when hiring new employees.

5. "MISMANAGED AND FAVORTISM RUNS RAMPANT"

Former Employee - Collections in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Collections in Lakeland, FL

I worked at Rotech Healthcare (Less than a year)

Pros

pay is sustainable to live, a couple of employees were nice and helpful. Enjoyed helping the patients.

Cons

favourtism, training period was trial and error, feel I did not get the skills to do my job sucessfully. Also this company does not drug test and the majority of employees there are active users, even on the job.the supervisors cherry pick whom they want to be on their teams and if you do not "click" with their team then they fire you for any reason, right to work state that is allowed, dont even allow you to take personal belongings with you when you leave. also witnessed employees abusing company time and internet policy, online shopping, facebook, youtube, anything to bypass the job and only "work" when supervisors are making their rounds, but if you are one of the selected few favourties then you get to do whatever you want. complete waste of time 2 weeks of training then "shadowing" with employees who do nothing but online shop and personal email instead of doing their job, neglect to patients and pure disregard to the job itself. The way they allowed their agents to speak to the elderly and other resources they had to reach out to was despicable, teach your employees how to talk on the phone POLITELY AND PROPER LIKE AN ADULT and not sound ghetto, rude and unprofessional.

Advice to Management

BETTER QUALITY OF HIRES, MAYBE SOME THAT ACTUALLY SPEAK ENGLISH AND NOT 'EBONICS', BETTER MANAGEMENT PRACTICES, IF I HAD TOFOLLOW PROTOCOL THEN OTHER EMPLOYEES SHOULD HAVE TO AS WELL, MGMT LOOKS THE OTHER WAY WHEN IT COMES TO THEIR FAVORITES AND IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY EMERGENCY AND HAVE TO LEAVE, JUST FIRE THE EMPLOYEE ON THE SPOT DONT LEAD THE EMPLOYEE ON TO BELIEVE THEY STILL HAVE A JOB WHEN THEY RETURN.

"CSS II"

Current Employee - CSS II in Murray, KY
    Current Employee - CSS II in Murray, KY

Pros

We get to decorate our desk and have potlucks. We get overtime, but it is manditory. Off on some holidays--but not most.

Cons

Run..... No advancement opportunity unless you've been there for many many years, favoritism is apparent, we are underpaid to be cursed at on the phones all day, every breath you breathe and every move you make is closely monitored, your bathroom breaks are timed, a lot of pressure to meet strict goals regarding how long your calls are and how many you make per day, we are not allowed to go home until all calls have been taken, no matter if we are there over an hour + later, which has happened to me personally....... if you have kids or places to be after work this is NOT for you.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on numbers and let us focus on patients. This is why we have a terrible reputation

"Place to learn"

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Good PTO
    Good team
    Minimal weekend work

Cons

Poor upper management and pay.

8. "CSR Iii"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Nothing at all. This company is a joke.

Cons

Fraudulent, treats employees poorly, could care less about the patients. Finds ways to get out of providing patients with equipment. No management. No training.

Advice to Management

What management? If I could give zero stars, I would.

"High turnover, poor training"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A good starting point to learn sales, how to manage time and a team and how to be proactive to achieve goals.

Cons

Frequent turnover of office staff from frustration due to the lack of training and poor direction. Sales reps are held responsible for both sales and operational activities and they held accountable if operational staff is not performing well.

Advice to Management

The company could achieve a higher level of success if there was more time put into effective training of operational staff.

"Its DME"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Chicago, IL

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

very few pros here. can pay well compared to regional companies IF you are successful

Cons

support staff makes it very difficult to maintain success as a salesperson

Advice to Management

hire better support staff(which they wont because that would mean they would have to pay them more than min wage)