Rotech Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

1.9
Timothy C. Pigg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They have great benefits and PTO" (in 8 reviews)

• "Working at Rotech Healthcare your hours are great PTO accruals are great, most employees are awesome" (in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "When I told upper management what was really going on I got fired" (in 25 reviews)

• "Patient care is non-existent to higher ups above DM level" (in 19 reviews)

"CSS"

Current Employee - Customer in Roy, UT
    Current Employee - Customer in Roy, UT

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None I can think of I have been beyond stressed, and unimpressed with this employer

Cons

Unable to work at your own pace. Unable to be self motivated. Unable to be properly trained for job at hand, and expectations are set beyond achievable. You are set up for failure constantly.

Advice to Management

New management is needed

2. "Medical Sales"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Money is there to be made if you’re willing to work.

Cons

Poor upper management because of the lack of support.

"Money Grubbers"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Decent pay and benefits for area

Cons

Company only cares about thw bottom line. Only promotes people with extremely lacking communication and basic literacy skills while forcing anyone with a brain to resign. Everyone is 100% out for themselves only and doesn't actually care about the conpany or patients, just their own paychecks.

4. "THE WORST COMPANY I'VE WORKED FOR IN HEALTHCARE!!!"

I worked at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Employee relationships MINUS THE MANAGEMENT.

Cons

Let's see where to begin? 1st if you are a person of integrity, honesty, and truly care about patient care then look else where! Management has you to lie or cover up balls being dropped to patients and referral sources. Most of your day is covering up mistakes if not all of it. Your days go by fast because of this. Not enough people to take care of a patient properly. The RT's respiratory therapist are only pay per service so they are not there for everyday needs of a patient or answers for referrals. Management if they remember or care might call a referral back and answer the question but you're not getting a professional's answer it's a scripted answer, because rotech has scripts for everyone. What to say what not to say. Most of the time it's not the correct answers it's a answer to get order for equipment that makes them money. If a hospital orders a non profitable item. They do not deliver! So if you're a sales rep your doing to keep them happy. So they spend their days being delivery drivers. The PST which is only one is over worked with long days. Not to mention the oxygen patients never get checked on regularly if at all. But per Medicare they are supposed to do maintenance regularly. One man simply cant do them. I'm talking years and never been seen or called. No one is ever available to answer the phone. EVER! EVEN IF A OFFICE IS TRYING TO CALL ANOTHER LOCATION. NOPE NO ANSWER! If you need a manager? Oh good luck. Ours never was available to help clean up the messes they made. She lied to so many customers and referrals. I know of 10 people that waited 6 months plus for a certain piece of equipment only to find out rotech doesnt do those. It's a joke and I would not send my dog to them. When I would talk to other locations it was all the same. You spend a lot of time also on reports about stuff you should be doing but you're doing reports that take days to complete. No support no trust and the manager will throw you under the bus in a heart beat! Then lie to your face. awful! And training? Ha you get none what so ever! Then when you supposedly arent doing your job right? That you were never trained on but your boss lied and said they did train. Out ya go. It's a horrible place. Not to mention the medicare fraud I'm sure is going on too. Also they are not disposing of their paperwork properly either. They need a shredding company. And joint commission?! We were definitely not up to par. We had no hot water to clean equipment properly or a cleaning station. It's a big mess. Not all dme companies operate like this. I know none.even the corporate ones

Advice to Management

Doesnt matter what advice anyone says. It doesnt matter to you. You only see dollar signs. Might wanna make sure your contracts are being upheld on your end though and not forged to look like they are doing what they are supposed to. But again why would you care? As long as it works for now and that money is coming.

5. "Mixed feelings"

Current Employee - Team Lead in Mifflinburg, PA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Mifflinburg, PA

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pto time and holidays are great.

Cons

Salaries are not competitive. Very under paid.

"MOSTLY A JOKE"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative II

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great manager if you can find one (luckily I have one), other employees at this location are great, as well as our closest sister location. Work isn't too hard, and is steady. Decent pay if you don't have kids to worry about.

Cons

PTO is good, but they spread us sooooo thin that you can rarely use it. Only one PST and CSR at each locations and manager is split between both locations weekly. If your kid gets sick, it can be very difficult to get the time off necessary. On call every 3rd weekend, have to try to plan anything you want to do around that. Any new hires would be screwed because training is almost non-existant, and some managers are downright awful and cruel. Patient care is non-existent to higher ups above DM level. Our products have gotten so cheap and the higher ups are just greedy and don't give one care about anyone below them.

Advice to Management

Higher management needs to get real and get with the damn program. You can't run a business on just greedy and thinly spread employees. Take a look around you and go visit some of the offices nation wide and see how much your spreadsheets matter in rural communities. Good luck.

7. "HORRIBLE PLACE"

Current Employee - Customer in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Customer in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Nothing at all. Terrible people.

Cons

People with medical needs are being screwed over left and right by this terrible unethical company they don't care about nothing but $

Advice to Management

You should be ashamed you work there

"CSR III"

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hmm it’s a job

Cons

Management lacking people skills. Does not know how to speak to employees with respect and dignity as it should be. Employees are treated like children

Advice to Management

Maybe you should work in an environment that doesn’t have any direct contact with Adult Humans

9. "CSR"

I worked at Rotech Healthcare part-time

Pros

I don't know of any

Cons

No training for the employees

Advice to Management

Team work

"Horrible Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Rotech Healthcare full-time

Pros

Overtime is ok and available

Cons

Where should I start. There is no work or life balance there. You are treated like a number, not a human. They do no value their employees what -so -ever. Their motto is work hard or get fired. The Management team sucks. They yell at you in front of other co-workers, clients, it does not matter. Very very UNPROFESSIONAL environment to be in. Very negative and non supportive to the drivers. The pay is horrid and they do not provide yearly raises but rather 2-3 years can go by without one. A lot of drama, chaos and negative all the time and this comes from the Management team mostly.

Advice to Management

Get your crap together! You all are a bunch of incompetent morons who have no idea how to drive your staff for success, development nor do you value your employees but rather tear them down and always telling them what they do wrong, opposed to giving positive reinforcements so employees actually want to be there each day. The management team has no idea what they are doing and they have one of the worst turnover rate I have ever seen. People who are hired there don't last there more than 3 months. I would not recommend anyone to apply with this horrible company!!