Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management team is a team of imbisols" (in 13 reviews)

• "The leadership talks about the mission, vision and values, and expects everyone to follow it" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall culture of the company is good. The management tries to do something fun for the coworkers every now and then. The company truly cares for the people.

Cons

It can depend on the role, but there's less opportunity for growth.

2. "Happy employee at Roth Staffing"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

The culture is unbeatable: weekly catered lunches, birthday/anniversary celebrations every month, and weekly corporate wide recognition.

Cons

Business casual dress is required most days; however, we can wear jeans on Fridays!

"Business Solutions Manager"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid work life balance 9/80 schedule. (Every other Friday off)

Decent pay. Manager and co workers are great. Decent benefits.

Training was hands on.

Cons

Commission structure - You can be paid very well if you are closing accounts and getting candidates placed. However, high turnover in a lot of lower level roles which is what is expected. Ultimate has this rule of thumb where if the account was being managed by a prior employee and they are still with the company, you will NOT get the full commission for it, only part of it. Most of your time will be spent managing accounts that are already in place rather than brining in new business. Bringing in new business takes time and of course will not happen overnight. Running a split desk can be difficult so time management is key.

Metrics - you will be required to get 50 connects, bring in 6 candidates a week to interview, have 5 new leads a week, 4 sales appointments. Lot harder than it sounds. Will be interviewing candidates for opportunities that are not even available. Probably about 10 to 20 percent of the candidates you interview will get jobs - time can be spent elsewhere making sales calls or finding new leads.

Cold calling - this is a huge part of the job which I don’t mind. I had no problem making calls out to candidates or clients. But be prepared to make the same calls or drops to the same companies. Some clients are respectful more than others which is the nature of the business. You will be also assigned a territory and sometimes can be frowned upon if you go outside of your territory.

Cut throat - being in the staffing industry for sometime now this is one of the only companies that preaches their mission vision and values which is awesome. Very high turnover rate which I think is staffing in general. While I was there for under a year, 3 people were laid off. Not to sure about the job security aspect but that can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Maybe do it like most other companies where there is dedicated sales person and recruiters.

"Not a “remarkable” experience"

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Roseville, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 9/80 schedule if you want it
    - Decent benefits
    - Manager and coworkers were great

Cons

- Insane metrics driven environment that got very cutthroat over the last few months. Very stressful to be a part of. They preach a work/life balance but the metrics required of you each week do not echo that.

- cold calling - don’t take this job if you aren’t prepared to call/show up to the same people/companies over and over asking for their business. You are either wired for this, or you aren’t.

- kind of a weird, cult-like company culture at times but that’s the least of the issues

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

We're happy to see that you checked "yes" to having a positive outlook on your time as an employee at Roth and that you approve of the CEO. We also love hearing you enjoyed your manager and... More

5. "Not Bad"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid starting salary. Benefits and work-life balance are okay.

Cons

Training is lacking and not comprehensive. Little guidance to those who are new to the industry.

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our competitive salary offerings and benefits. We also appreciate your feedback on your experience with the offered training opportunities. While we... More

6. "Big on culture and employee engagement!"

Current Employee - Director of Service in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Director of Service in Irvine, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Roth Staffing puts as much emphasis into making itself a great place to work for its employees as it does into making revenue. I feel like we earn money just so we can make it an even better place to work. Culture and engagement are always at the forefront.

Cons

The sales people are asked to so a lot and there are way too many programs and initiatives to stay on top of. It's a lot like real estate where you can make great money, or it will eat you alive.

Advice to Management

Less is more sometimes. I think there needs to be less change, less initiatives, so people can really focus on core things rather than new rollouts, new themes, new challenges, etc. A better intranet would be a good start!

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

Hey! We're working on that intranet - we hear you! We're glad you notice the effort in making this a great place for everyone to work and we agree that we can simplify, simplify, simplify. Thank... More

7. "Business Solutions Manager"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

The company offered training to all new employees.

Cons

Not what they sold it to be

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

The training at Roth for new employees is often a high point for many as they look back on their tenure - thank you for sharing that as a "positive" for you. We would really like to hear more about... More

8. "Awesome!"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

9/80 Flex Schedule option (Every other Friday off!)
    Excellent culture
    Generous compensation
    Promotions from within (Opportunities for growth)
    Excellent training programs
    Senior leadership are very accessible and truly care about your success

Cons

So far there are no cons that I can see.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

Thank you Detroit - we appreciate you!

9. "Business Solutions Manager"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company is very receptive to feedback from the field and is always implementing new policies, technology and programs designed to make our work lives easier in order to help us be more successful in our roles. Company also has a wonderful culture designed to increase employee engagement - they offer many perks.

Cons

Each role wears a lot of hats which can make it challenging at times to do the best in every area of your position. If someone cannot handle being busy and managing multiple priorities in an organized fashion, then this would probably not be the best company to join. On the other hand, if you like to be busy and have versatility within a position, this would be a good fit for you.

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

Culture and communication certainly are key to how we operate - thank you for your wonderful review. Your insight on how the challenges of the job can both be rewarding and difficult are very... More

"Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership genuinely cares about their co-workers and providing all the tools and support needed to invest in our success. Opinions and new ideas are heard, valued, and implemented at the local market and nationwide company level for those who want to influence positive change. Uncompromising purpose, promise, mission, vision, and values that are truly lived out and rarely found in other companies, whereas other firms' values are often simply rhetoric. Co-workers are put at the forefront of our circles of excellence which is why the company has been recognized by Forbes as #1 best place to work in our business sector (most companies will say the customer always comes first - even if it's at the expense of your co-workers which is wrong). Senior leadership sincerely cares about your work-life balance and encourages you to set time boundaries to fulfill your family commitments. They also don't micro-manage their teams. Great compensation and commission plan with a clear line of sight for growth for top performers. As a for-profit company, Roth Staffing Companies invests a substantial amount of resources towards serving our communities and has a great platform to help people in need.

Cons

Running a full desk (sales and recruiting) is a lot to keep up with and the pace can be hectic at times. Time management and organization are critical strengths to possess in order to be a top performer. This full desk model does give a little more control over properly supporting both the business client and candidate but can be a tough juggling act when your account, candidate, and ambassador management time overshadows your ability to consistently give proper due diligence to sourcing both new business opportunities and candidates. Working in an open bullpen environment can be distracting at times when there are multiple conversations going on around you so you really have to lock in and focus.

Advice to Management

Really value the leadership team and how much they genuinely care about our co-workers! Continue to seek ways that you can serve your teams in the field to help them execute and use their time more efficiently (i.e. lead generation, process improvement, implementing new strategic approaches, going on appointments). Work on simplifying and automating our reporting systems to provide continued transparency with each individual co-worker as to how their success is being measured and evaluated on an ongoing basis. Try to find more time to sit down with each co-worker to see what obstacles they need to be removed and what support they need from you to make their days more productive and efficient. This level of transparency and hands-on management will help everyone continuously improve and ensure we're doing everything we can to build successful branches.

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

Thank you for your genuine feedback. We truly appreciate all the thought you put into this response and will take it to heart.