Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management team is a team of imbisols" (in 13 reviews)

• "The leadership talks about the mission, vision and values, and expects everyone to follow it" (in 7 reviews)

1. "Wonderful company to work for"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture and staff. The management is full of some really great, intelligent people.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Overall experience is OK."

Current Employee - Business Solutions Specialist in Brea, CA
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Specialist in Brea, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company really tries to build a culture of trust and open communication. Overall, I learned immensely about the Staffing Industry; it's super fast-paced and all about metrics. I enjoy it because you'll learn about other companies as you interview with people daily. Also, it's nice to have the 9/80 schedule option.

Cons

All about metrics...if you're not a top performer then bye bye. You won't do well here. Management gets upset if you're not hitting your goals. There are too many obstacles with moving forward candidates for jobs because of all the paperwork and micromanaging.

Advice to Management

Let managers and recruiters do their job without micromanaging!

3. "Executive Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture and good training

Cons

The only con is that it is 100% goal metric driven. If you don't meet those numbers you won't last.

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive culture

4. "Best company I've worked for"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Overall culture of the company is good. The management tries to do something fun for the coworkers every now and then. The company truly cares for the people.

Cons

It can depend on the role, but there's less opportunity for growth.

5. "Business Solutions Specialist"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good company culture but nobody that works there truly believes it they just sell it all day. If you have worked in staffing before and have previous accounts you can simply transfer them over when you start here.

Cons

Management only cares about themselves and sees everybody else as part of a revolving door to get them new accounts then let them go.

Advice to Management

Less micro managing and more competence. A large emphasis of sales is met with no directions and poor advice in everyday business deciosions. A lack of attention to detail and an emphasis on speed and nit truly building relationships.

"BSS"

Former Employee - Bss in Cerritos, CA
    Former Employee - Bss in Cerritos, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

None it is a terrible company.

Cons

PLEASE do not believe the fake reviews about this company. It is terrible and honestly everyone who works here in management are awful people. They act super nice and friendly in beginning then screw your over with how they treat you and pay.

Advice to Management

Stop treating your employees like they are sweatshop workers.

"Business Solutions Manager"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid work life balance 9/80 schedule. (Every other Friday off)

Decent pay. Manager and co workers are great. Decent benefits.

Training was hands on.

Cons

Commission structure - You can be paid very well if you are closing accounts and getting candidates placed. However, high turnover in a lot of lower level roles which is what is expected. Ultimate has this rule of thumb where if the account was being managed by a prior employee and they are still with the company, you will NOT get the full commission for it, only part of it. Most of your time will be spent managing accounts that are already in place rather than brining in new business. Bringing in new business takes time and of course will not happen overnight. Running a split desk can be difficult so time management is key.

Metrics - you will be required to get 50 connects, bring in 6 candidates a week to interview, have 5 new leads a week, 4 sales appointments. Lot harder than it sounds. Will be interviewing candidates for opportunities that are not even available. Probably about 10 to 20 percent of the candidates you interview will get jobs - time can be spent elsewhere making sales calls or finding new leads.

Cold calling - this is a huge part of the job which I don’t mind. I had no problem making calls out to candidates or clients. But be prepared to make the same calls or drops to the same companies. Some clients are respectful more than others which is the nature of the business. You will be also assigned a territory and sometimes can be frowned upon if you go outside of your territory.

Cut throat - being in the staffing industry for sometime now this is one of the only companies that preaches their mission vision and values which is awesome. Very high turnover rate which I think is staffing in general. While I was there for under a year, 3 people were laid off. Not to sure about the job security aspect but that can be stressful.

Advice to Management

Maybe do it like most other companies where there is dedicated sales person and recruiters.

8. "Happy employee at Roth Staffing"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

The culture is unbeatable: weekly catered lunches, birthday/anniversary celebrations every month, and weekly corporate wide recognition.

Cons

Business casual dress is required most days; however, we can wear jeans on Fridays!

"Not a “remarkable” experience"

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Roseville, CA
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Roseville, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- 9/80 schedule if you want it
    - Decent benefits
    - Manager and coworkers were great

Cons

- Insane metrics driven environment that got very cutthroat over the last few months. Very stressful to be a part of. They preach a work/life balance but the metrics required of you each week do not echo that.

- cold calling - don’t take this job if you aren’t prepared to call/show up to the same people/companies over and over asking for their business. You are either wired for this, or you aren’t.

- kind of a weird, cult-like company culture at times but that’s the least of the issues

Roth Staffing Response

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

We're happy to see that you checked "yes" to having a positive outlook on your time as an employee at Roth and that you approve of the CEO. We also love hearing you enjoyed your manager and... More

10. "Not Bad"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Solid starting salary. Benefits and work-life balance are okay.

Cons

Training is lacking and not comprehensive. Little guidance to those who are new to the industry.

Roth Staffing Response

Aug 23, 2018 – Executive Leader

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding our competitive salary offerings and benefits. We also appreciate your feedback on your experience with the offered training opportunities. While we... More