Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Local managers have no respect for upper management (in 12 reviews)

• If there isn't a match there's no guarantee that you'll have full-time hours available from week to week (in 8 reviews)

1. "Fantastic place to work!"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

This is definitely the best place I've ever worked. Management truly cares about the people who work here personally and professionally. Business decisions are often guided by what would be best for their employees instead of what is most profitable- this is a large company that is run like a family business . Roth is a company that holds its self accountable to its values- a great example of that is work/life balance. Too often recruiters end up working 50-60 hours/week regularly. At Roth, Business Solutions Specialists and Managers are paid hourly- if we work more than 40 hours a week we get paid overtime! The result is that we don't work more than 40 hours a week. Add that to the 9/80 work schedule that gives us 26 three day weekends each year- the work/life balance is real! If you like money (and who doesn't) base salaries are above average for the industry and bonus plans are very generous. It's easy to make a lot of money at this company.

Cons

No job is perfect- especially in the recruiting world. There are always ups and downs when connecting candidates and clients. Sales goals are set high but are very achievable.

Advice to Management

Continue to do what you're doing- working to instill a strong culture, listening to clients and coworkers and driving performance at the branch level.

2. "Technical Buyer"

Former Employee - Technical Buyer in Livermore, CA
    Former Employee - Technical Buyer in Livermore, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Found me a good paying job close to home

Cons

This is an Agency, therefore no new assignment available

3. "Good Company"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company culture is great! You can genuinely see the efforts being put in everything they do for their employees and ambassadors. They live for their mission, vision, and values and do a great job about always keeping that in mind in everything they do. Roth Staffing keeps our input in consideration and makes any improvements needed based on suggestions made. Training sessions are also great, especially for new employees and keeping everyone updated in the new trends going on in the industry. There is some room for growth but not much say on what career path one wants to pursue. Emphasis on work balance, they have competitive benefits, and no micromanaging.

Cons

Talent Acquisition Specialist role is new to the company, that they are still trying to work on the ins and outs of the role. Makes it difficult to do your job when your job responsibilities are not so clear.

Pay rate is okay; a raise isn't common unless one promotes. Hard working employees are not valued and are being short changed. This is overlooked by management because they aren’t doing their job and it is upsetting. I would encourage corporate to have more of a presence in branches to keep people accounted for. You want to keep your hardworking employees and not push them out the door.

4. "Administrative Assistant"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They tried there best to keep me working

Cons

Sometimes it would be a while before they contacted you for assignments

"BSS"

Former Employee - Bss in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Bss in Denver, CO

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They hired some great people and my coworkers were always great . The office also brought in treats for birthdays and anniversaries which was really thoughtful.

The best thing about this company though, is that after you leave, anywhere you go seems amazing! I couldn’t believe what a difference in morals and company ethics there were until I found a new job. Roth Denver left my standards so incredibly low that anywhere I would have gone after would be the best job ever.

Cons

The culture in this office was toxic. Sundays were the most miserable day of the week for most of my coworkers because we were so unhappy at work and dreaded going in.

The manager was incredibly condescending and manipulative. She would get what she wanted out of you and toss you to the side if you challenged her in anyway. She really did not like if you disagreed with anything that she decided and would push you out the door slowly until you were miserable and had to leave. The managers would intentionally call people out in front of the whole office about things that should have been discussed in one on ones.

We filled out the company survey and were completely honest, letting corporate know how unhappy we were. The Senior Vice President came out to talk to us about "our culture" but instead just said that we are the best branch in the company and that the test results must have been a mistake with the data collection.

People quit and were secretly looking for jobs left and right because everyone was so unhappy and hated their jobs which made it incredibly stressful. It was strange when we went two weeks without someone quitting.

My least favorite thing about this company was the fact that the managers would loudly talk poorly about other employees in the bull pin. They would discuss things out loud and joke about things that should have been kept confidential about people who either recently quit or were out of the office. It always made you question what they were saying about you and made me too uncomfortable to say anything during my one on one meetings.

Half of my time with this company was me praying for a new opportunity with another company. I left as quickly as I could along with everyone else in the office.

This company has potential and could be a lot better. My issue, as well as others’ in this office was the manager; who for me, made it a struggle to muster up the energy to go to work every day because it was so discouraging and such a toxic environment.

Advice to Management

My advice to upper management is that they need to figure out what is going on with the Denver branch. People there are still not happy and they are going to have a lot of turnover until they realize what the issues are (which for me and my fellow coworkers at the time was the management). Also, don’t think that it is a “data collection glitch” or a “mistake” when the surveys come back incredibly low.

6. "Great Company Culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Boston, MA

I worked at Roth Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

A nice company run by nice people who hire other nice people.

Cons

They try to promote a 40-hour work week, but that is difficult to achieve and still get everything done that needs to be done.

7. "Great Company"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good benefits consistent with the staffing industry

Cons

Not much opportunity for advancement

8. "Employed"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

Great place to work and has a lot of opportunities.

Cons

No cons for this company

9. "Great Company"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

People I worked with and the perks were fantasic

Cons

Placement of jobs were far and few between

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and build more relationships with clients

10. "Best Carreer choice I have ever made."

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

The company genuinely promotes work life balance. Flexible schedule options and the compensation is very generous. The entire company is diverse in it's hiring practices and they give you all the tools you could need to succeed.
    The best place I have ever worked.

Cons

Honestly if I had to nitpick, other than the company being very selective on the companies it does business with I can't think of anything I don't like.

Advice to Management

Maybe a little more flexibility in the customers we are willing to take on.