Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Sign Up for FREE in seconds to unlock millions of salaries and reviews

Roth Staffing Reviews

Updated May 14, 2018

Full-timePart-time

4.0
Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Local managers have no respect for upper management (in 12 reviews)

• The leadership talks about the mission, vision and values, and expects everyone to follow it (in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Start as a New Coworker"

Pros

Lots of training support from my leadership team and the training group. I love the culture and feel like I am on the right path to see success.

Cons

Just the learning curve... lots of pieces to put together. But, it will all come together over time. Keep training on the new system.

Advice to Management

Keep supporting me.

2. "The best agency in the tri state area"

Current Employee - Packaging in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Packaging in Mahwah, NJ

Pros

They respnd to your calls,sitaution without fail expeditiously,courteous and kind

Cons

There is no cons to ultimate staffing Agency

Advice to Management

Management is the best around Mike Chang is the best @ what he does i never worked for a better person like mike Chang hands down the best agency in the tri stare area.Mike Chang and Ultimate staffing

3. "Top Recruiting Company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and are ethical. Promote from within. Only hire culturally aligned co-workers. Equally balance the needs of their Ambassadors, co-workers and companies they would with. Top sales/recruiting company to work for with competitive salary + bonus + benefits. Leadership is top notch. Work-life balance and 9/80 schedules offered.

Cons

None - they are the best.

4. "Contract employees"

Former Employee - Contract in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Employee - Contract in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Human Resources and excellent Trainer

Cons

I think with the economy improving the pay should be $15.00.

Advice to Management

If potential employees don't use personal hygiene or come to the interview dressed appropriately, get rid of them. That demonstrates that they do not care. This will help morale and other problems at your site.

Roth Staffing Response

May 9, 2018 – Manager

This is great feedback, thank you! To address your first concern, our clients decide on the pay rate, but I encourage you to be upfront with your recruiter about salary expectations and we will do... More

5. "Solid company to work for"

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great team of people to work with.

Cons

Somewhat long hours, but money motivated individuals can do very well here in that time.

Advice to Management

I really enjoyed my manager while there.

6. "Talent Acquisition Specialist"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Roth Staffing provides a great culture that promotes work-life balance, making positive impacts on our customers, coworkers, and ambassadors, and provides opportunity for growth. Even though our branches are spread throughout the US, corporate makes it feels like a tight-knit community. We are provided with the training and support to do our jobs effectively and the company rewards employees for the hard work we all perform. The senior leaders have eliminated the gap between themselves and the employees and are easily accessible. This is the first position I have held that I do not bring my work home with me in some way. I am excited for my future with Roth Staffing.

Cons

None that come to mind.

7. "Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Work-life balance, competitive overall compensation, 9/80 flex schedule, tons of benefits, opportunities for growth, senior leadership that is engaged in day-to-day branch operations, transparent communication among senior leadership and field staff

Cons

Technology challenges, sometimes the process is long to bring on new hires

Advice to Management

Corporate/senior leadership should continue to listen to the field for suggestions about day-to-day operations and what's important to us. I continue to be impressed by changes that are made to improve our company and the work we do.

For instance, through quarterly surveys of coworkers we're able to share honest feedback that the CEO actually reads and initiatives have actually been implemented through that feedback.

Benefits that our company offers continue to expand, and not just the typical health benefits - things like community giving days, anniversary gifts, health challenges, parental leave, a company-wide book club, and the 9/80 flex schedule are awesome things that our company has implemented and continue to support.

Culture is a buzz word these days that everyone wants but not everyone gets. I truly believe our company believes in creating and evolving a positive, collaborative, engaging company culture. This starts at the very top of our organization and is enlivened in our branch, too. We all take pride in the work we do and ensure we respect and appreciate each other in the office. There's always a good amount of friendly competition and fun in Denver as well!

Our jobs are tough and the expectations on us are high. Managers in Denver are particularly positive, encouraging, motivating, and fun. They do whatever they can to make our lives better.

"The Mission, Vision and Values of the company is a lie"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

There are so many fabulous, amazing, honest, hard-working people working for the company that put their heart and sole into it. The company genuinely gives back to the community.

Cons

The leadership talks about the mission, vision and values, and expects everyone to follow it. It is nearly like a religion, but most of the leadership do not follow it themselves. Many of the thought processes, communications and expectations of coworkers are so unrealistic and there is such a lack of constructive support from the leadership overall, that it is truly remarkable that anything actually ever gets done.

Advice to Management

Listen to your coworkers and if you are going to tout the MVV so strongly, follow it yourselves. The coworkers of the company are too good to have such weak leadership.

"Overall average outlook on working for this company"

Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist
    Former Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are cool perks for some employees. They do different contests every so often as well where you can win cash prizes. Overall seemed to be favorable over other staffing companies.

Cons

The different teams are segregated and very cliquey. Not the most collaborative environment. Also experienced many false promises from management. If you tell an employee you are going to do something, you should always be certain you can & will make it happen. Another con is that only certain people are eligible for scheduling perks at Roth. You guys should really make that consistent so you don't make it appear that lower level employees are of less value than the higher level ones.

"Business Solutions Manager"

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager
    Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great fellow staff, solid training offered, they have the best intensions and offer fun gifts through the year to try and increase morale. Holidays off and quarterly volunteering

Cons

It is cutthroat. I was let go after 3 months to find out this is pretty common. Countless times recruiters i was
     Contacting had 3-5 months experience with Ultimate and it is due to there demands for performance. If you do not already have a network to pull from and you want something stable I would recommend going somewhere else. I signed a huge account and was laid off in the same day.

Advice to Management

If someone isn’t performing to your standards let them know ahead of letting them go so they can try and fix it. And when someone comes to you for a job and your try and flip them to be a recruiter be honest with them
    That if you don’t hit this number in this amount of time that you will be let go. If I had known how y’all operated I wouldn’t of moved across the country to start the worlds shortest career.