Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Upper management team is a team of imbisols" (in 13 reviews)

• "The leadership talks about the mission, vision and values, and expects everyone to follow it" (in 6 reviews)

1. "Market Manager"

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

A Values based company that does not waiver on commitments

Cons

Hectic pace that can be stressful

Advice to Management

Keep appreciating the hard work by dedicated employees

2. "Customer service"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very conciense and always available

Cons

No assignment in my field

Advice to Management

None...all good

3. "Great company to work for!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Senior leadership genuinely cares about their co-workers and providing all the tools and support needed to invest in our success. Opinions and new ideas are heard, valued, and implemented at the local market and nationwide company level for those who want to influence positive change. Uncompromising purpose, promise, mission, vision, and values that are truly lived out and rarely found in other companies, whereas other firms' values are often simply rhetoric. Co-workers are put at the forefront of our circles of excellence which is why the company has been recognized by Forbes as #1 best place to work in our business sector (most companies will say the customer always comes first - even if it's at the expense of your co-workers which is wrong). Senior leadership sincerely cares about your work-life balance and encourages you to set time boundaries to fulfill your family commitments. They also don't micro-manage their teams. Great compensation and commission plan with a clear line of sight for growth for top performers. As a for-profit company, Roth Staffing Companies invests a substantial amount of resources towards serving our communities and has a great platform to help people in need.

Cons

Running a full desk (sales and recruiting) is a lot to keep up with and the pace can be hectic at times. Time management and organization are critical strengths to possess in order to be a top performer. This full desk model does give a little more control over properly supporting both the business client and candidate but can be a tough juggling act when your account, candidate, and ambassador management time overshadows your ability to consistently give proper due diligence to sourcing both new business opportunities and candidates. Working in an open bullpen environment can be distracting at times when there are multiple conversations going on around you so you really have to lock in and focus.

Advice to Management

Really value the leadership team and how much they genuinely care about our co-workers! Continue to seek ways that you can serve your teams in the field to help them execute and use their time more efficiently (i.e. lead generation, process improvement, implementing new strategic approaches, going on appointments). Work on simplifying and automating our reporting systems to provide continued transparency with each individual co-worker as to how their success is being measured and evaluated on an ongoing basis. Try to find more time to sit down with each co-worker to see what obstacles they need to be removed and what support they need from you to make their days more productive and efficient. This level of transparency and hands-on management will help everyone continuously improve and ensure we're doing everything we can to build successful branches.

"Great Staffing Firm to Work for!"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Systems, Technology, Marketing, Resources, and the People. Mission, Vision, and Values are wonderful, and I believe those hired and that lead the organization truly try to embody the values. Competitive base pay plus commission. This is an awesome environment for true sales people who understand the sales mindset and the "hustle" needed to drive business forward. Super stars at this company are those that are self-motivated and are entrepreneurial in spirit. This organization is very serious about creating remarkable experiences for the candidates and the clients!

Cons

Burn out factor. They run a full desk model. For those that don't have a ton of sales experience, I think the training is lacking. Communication from management could be better. They have struggled with turnover just like most agencies – but it’s just been a perfect storm: combination of bad hires, slow ramp up times, and management turn over. Business lines (Ledgent/Ultimate) end up competing vs. working together.

Advice to Management

Overall Mgt.does a good job. More sales training, more flexibility to let Business Solutions Managers sell, (don't box in with time clocks & metrics). Would suggest regional sales meetings to collaborate with other markets.

5. "Great Staffing Firm!"

Current Employee - General Office Assistant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - General Office Assistant in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to work with great companies.

Cons

Nothing you wouldn't find at any agency

Roth Staffing Response

Jun 25, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your feedback! I'm happy to hear you had a positive experience working with us.

"Branch Manager"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Pleasanton, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Coworkers
    Great Managers
    Great benefits for our Ambassadors
    The Company is founded on a set of Values and a Mission that makes you want to come into the office in the morning!

Cons

No downside so far in working with/ for Roth as a whole. We believe in a team environment and an environment that everyone wins, coworkers and ambassadors

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep staying open to new things and keep that positive attitude. The Mission, Values, Vision, Purpose and Promise keeps people in the offices motivated to do their best.

7. "Business Solutions Manager"

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time

Pros

Great training and they really hire for culture fit. Good growth opportunities and commission plan.

Cons

The weekly KPI's can be tough to attain if you have lots of open orders to fill. the base salary seems a bit lower than market rate.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing I always had great managers that cared about my career growth.

8. "The best agency in the tri state area"

Current Employee - Packaging in Mahwah, NJ
    Current Employee - Packaging in Mahwah, NJ

Pros

They respnd to your calls,sitaution without fail expeditiously,courteous and kind

Cons

There is no cons to ultimate staffing Agency

Advice to Management

Management is the best around Mike Chang is the best @ what he does i never worked for a better person like mike Chang hands down the best agency in the tri stare area.Mike Chang and Ultimate staffing

Roth Staffing Response

Jun 25, 2018 – Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! I'm so glad Mike was able to be a helpful resource for you.

9. "Top Recruiting Company"

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great company to work for. They truly care about their employees and are ethical. Promote from within. Only hire culturally aligned co-workers. Equally balance the needs of their Ambassadors, co-workers and companies they would with. Top sales/recruiting company to work for with competitive salary + bonus + benefits. Leadership is top notch. Work-life balance and 9/80 schedules offered.

Cons

None - they are the best.

"Ledgent Finance and Accounting"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some of the best coworkers to exist

Cons

Upper management team is a team of imbisols. Their decision making process is by far the worst I have encountered. Turnover is very high because of it

Advice to Management

Put aside personal feelings towards others and be professional. Do what's best for your team and accept their input.