Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

2.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Pros
  • Competitive salaries, work-life balance (9/80 Schedule (in 36 reviews)

• 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off) (in 19 reviews)

Cons
  • And since upper management does not come visit but possibly twice a year (in 10 reviews)

• If there isn't a match there's no guarantee that you'll have full-time hours available from week to week (in 6 reviews)

1. "Not enough work"

Former Employee - Freelance Writer in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Freelance Writer in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice staff and helpful for people they know personally

Cons

No work usually just factory and that can be a day a week

Advice to Management

Look for jobs for more people than just friends

2. "Absolutely horrible communication."

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

My first assignment with Ultimate came fairly quickly and I was sent to it without an interview with the client. Ended up working on a temp basis for six months before being hired on permanently. During that time, the communication was friendly with the recruiter, and they were helpful whenever I had questions.

Cons

Fast forward to two years later when I desired to change jobs, I had a very different experience. I reached out to the original recruiter to see if they'd assist with finding new opportunities. No communication despite numerous attempts through phone and email. So weird considering my only assignment with them had resulted in a permanent offer by the client.

Advice to Management

Answer emails.
    Return phone calls.
    Don't tell the candidate that they can't work with a different recruiter on a potential opportunuty because it's a conflict of interest and then do absolutely nothing to help the candidate yourselves.
    If you're not interested in working with a candidate, just tell them. Most people would rather hear "no" than the sound of crickets.

Jan 25, 2017 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We sincerely apologize that you experienced a lack of communication from your recruiter. This is certainly not the standard for our ... More

3. "Full Time Contractor"

Current Freelancer - Contractor in Arlington, VA
    Current Freelancer - Contractor in Arlington, VA

I have been working at Roth Staffing (More than a year)

Pros

They have good benefits to be a staffing agency, I cant complain about that. Depending on what kind of agent you get, you might get someone that cares enough about you to help you go over your resume to help you get some ppl to come your way (you can also take the info they give you on your resume and put it to better use by applying to other places the way i see it)

Cons

During my time here, I have learned that a staffing agency isn't the best choice (for me) when it comes to finding something that may get your foot in the door for a long term career. I don't feel like the agents have your best interests at heart when they are placing you with these assignments. Although not in line with the career path I would like to go on for myself, Thankfully the people here at my assignment are wonderful people and they are all considered friends or family to one another. When i first started almost a year ago with the agency i had one assignment that i felt the agent was helpful in me getting but then i had another agent out of nowhere And I don't feel that they are very professional or have been properly trained on how to listen to the needs of the ambassador and what they are looking for in a career. So for anyone that is looking for help in getting started in a real career no, I would not recommend Ultimate Staffing, or any staffing agency for that matter If you are serious about finding a job you will love to do for time to come Staffing agencies are not it. I myself am in the process of looking for permanent employment. The way I see it, if you want something done with all of your best intentions do it yourself. Other than that if you are in between jobs an agency might fit you for the time being as everyone has bills to pay.
    When I first started with the agency, My staffing agent was able to give me some tips on how to fix up my resume. I found that to be very helpful information. But so far that is the only thing i have found to be useful from Ultimate Staffing services, that, along with health insurance, and a morsel of a paycheck.

Advice to Management

There is such a lack of communication. when i was released from my 1st assignment, I didn't hear from my recruiter for 3 weeks. I also had the impression that i was to become a permanent employee with the company i had my assignment with. Also Let people who are in between assignments that if they aren't getting paid, neither are their healthcare premiums!! ( i went to the drs during the time I was in between assignments and they don't pay for your health ins if you're not on an assignment with them). Plus Idk if the agents get commission but they don't pay attention to your carre needs.

"Roth Staffing"

Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Ontario, CA
    Current Employee - Business Solutions Manager in Ontario, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, great opportunity at growth

Cons

Low pay for what is expected of you, claim to have integrity, which they have none, extremely negative environment, encourage their managers to manager their subordinates by using fear.

Advice to Management

Listen to people in the company, especially if there are more than 3 individuals telling you that a Manager is creating a toxic environment.

Feb 14, 2017 – Executive Leader

There have been considerable changes in your market and we believe that the concerns you've addressed here are resolved. In fact, one of the most successful leaders is now overseeing your office ... More

"Not as they seem"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work/life balance, great coworker experience for the most part, awesome location

Cons

Subpar management, little in-house training, poor remote training, time consuming on-boarding process done by the recruiters!

Advice to Management

better training and processes put in place

"Awful PLACE TO WORK- DON'T LET THEM WORK FOR YOU"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in New York, NY

I worked at Roth Staffing as a contractor

Pros

There are no pros for this place.

Cons

She has awful spelling and grammar and was incredibly rude in all of the she emails sent. It was quite a shock when I was even able to decipher what she was writing about.

Advice to Management

Don't work for her.

Nov 23, 2016 – Social Media Specialist

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. We were sorry to learn that you were unhappy with your experience with your recruiter, and extend our sincerest apologies, as this certainly ... More

"It's a paycheck."

Former Freelancer - Programmer Analyst in Oxnard, CA
    Former Freelancer - Programmer Analyst in Oxnard, CA

I worked at Roth Staffing (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay weekly and the checks don't bounce.

Cons

You get paid by the hour. No sick pay, no vacation pay, no health or dental insurance. They told me that after so many billable hours I'd be eligible for holiday pay but because I had to take 4 hours off unpaid during the week prior to the holiday I then was not eligible. They didn't tell me this. My recruiter (Oxnard office) was a real snot who only cared about if the client was happy.

Advice to Management

Your contractors are how you make your money. Without us, you go broke. Treat your contractors like regular employees. Provide at a minimum 3 days sick and 1 week paid vacation for every 12 months on the contract.

"Good Company Bad HR"

Former Contractor - Senior Customer Service Specialist in Lake Mary, FL
    Former Contractor - Senior Customer Service Specialist in Lake Mary, FL

I worked at Roth Staffing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Weekly pay,Great Job opportunities,pay increases opportunity to move up,\

Cons

HR Disorganized,As an explain i was fired from bringing un-positive-ity to the floor by stating to a manger that a co-worker asked for illegal drugs. No one was tested or also fired but me/

Advice to Management

Pick Organized and caring individuals for HR

"Not good at returning calls"

Current Freelancer - Administrative Assistant in West Palm Beach, FL
    Current Freelancer - Administrative Assistant in West Palm Beach, FL

Pros

friendly staff and pay is always there

Cons

always says "this is temp to hire" even when they are well aware that it is usually helping out due to a vacation or employee out sick.

Advice to Management

Return calls, market more. I have been available for employment but was told by receptionist that my calls are not being returned because they have no work for me. I have been with you all since Feb. 2014 but you offer me less pay. I started at 15-16 per/hr but no you only pay me 12 an hr.

Apr 16, 2015

Thank you very much for your work as an Ambassador in West Palm Beach, Florida! We truly appreciate all that you do, and for taking the time to share your experiences here on Glassdoor. We are ... More

"Remember that they are in business for themselves"

Current Contractor - Temporary Hospital Administration in Camarillo, CA
    Current Contractor - Temporary Hospital Administration in Camarillo, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Very nice office staff. Always say they are ready to help you.

Cons

Don't make any progress on helping you find full-time employment (even if your positions are listed as temp to perm). Horrible benefits (just the minimum to cover the ACA) with no company contribution. They make half your hourly salary in commission.

Advice to Management

Please look out for the best interest of your Ambassadors, not just yourselves. Remember that tomorrow, I may come to you as a client company.