Roth Staffing Reviews | Glassdoor

3.9
Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Leadership promotes a healthy work-life balance and wants everyone to have meaningful time with their families outside of work commitments (in 44 reviews)

• Belief in our Mission, Vision and Values (in 28 reviews)

Cons
  • Local managers have no respect for upper management (in 12 reviews)

• Executive and regional management leaders are dishonest and hide behind Mission Vision Values of the company - At times, feels like a cult (in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"This company cares"

Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Never have I worked for a company that has invested so much time and energy into truly listening to its employees and then actively implemented real programs and processes as a direct result of our input. I can tell that every person at this organization deeply cares about doing the right thing ... from the very top. It's unlike any other staffing organization out there. I am proud to work for this company.

Cons

The biggest 'con' for some people is actually a 'pro' for others ... it's the lightning fast pace and the required multi-tasking. Staffing is a demanding industry. The speed with which we have to work and the amount we have to accomplish in any given day can be riveting for some people and it can create great anxiety for others. If you're not built for this line of business and you don't have empathy for serving people, then you will have much frustration for the expectations put upon you.

Advice to Management

Thank you for valuing each person in this organization and for inspiring us to make life better for the people we serve.

2. "Experience with Roth Staffing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Roth Staffing gave me an opportunity to utilize my talents as an Account Executive and the latitude to provide solutions to prospects and customers.
    I was able to increase my skills with the training and mentoring programs provided by both the company and local management.
    Mission, Vision and Values are very much a large part of the company rather than just something that is sold to our customers. It was nice to be part of a culture that had a strong foundation.
    Feedback is welcome and embraced by management.

Cons

There are always some cons in the work place, but nothing that overshadowed the pros.

Advice to Management

Raving fan of my managers from top to bottom.

"I have never worked for a company that cared more for it's employees and their growth and development."

Current Employee - Corporate in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Corporate in Orange, CA

Pros

Employee friendly environment is encouraged and followed. Warm environment, no office gossip. Coworkers are kind and helpful, people are acknowledged by each other for work well done.
    Management truly cares about employees and gives encouragement and recognition. Management spends a lot of time and energy on choosing and retaining the best performers and also on guiding others to reach their potential.

Cons

Pay is on the low side compared to other industries, but most likely in line with other staffing companies. For me, the benefits of working in a great environment have outweighed the slightly lower pay.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

4. "A remarkable place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

*Supportive, "Strengths-Based" Organization allows coworkers to work to fullest potential, using existing body of personal strengths and skills-
    *Work/ Life Balance is truly practiced, not simply preached-
    *Positive Company Culture is infectious and a breath of fresh air-
    *Accessible Senior Leadership is available to questions, comments and feedback-

Cons

*Fast-Paced, Goal Oriented Environment, particularily at the Branch Level, may not be for everyone or all personalities

5. "I have been in the staffing industry for my entire career and my experience with Roth Stafffing has been remarkable."

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The culture of the organization provides a perfect backdrop to generate remarkable experiences for our customer and ambassador base. The organization also provides a work environment that promotes discplined freedom and a entrepreneurial spirit. I love working here!

Cons

I wish our branch network was more extensive

Advice to Management

Continue to let your employees make entrepreneurial decisions.

6. "Excellent opportunities! Company practices what it preaches."

Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Management in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very lucrative staff bonus programs, the best work/life balance program in the industry, company cares about employees and their success, opportunity to give back to the community on company time, state of the art equipment and programs, excellent reputation in the community, strong leadership at all levels, abundant recognition, confidence in the overall vision for where the company is headed.

Cons

Too few people involved in decision making for the company. This is a business full of gray areas, not everything can fit into a perfect structure.

Advice to Management

Bring top performers together twice a year to share what is working and what is not.

7. "Preeminent Employer - Fantastic Organization to work for"

Current Employee - Management in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Management in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Culture -Strong sense of culture, commitment to Mission Vision and Values
    Transparency - Clear communication of company goals and results
    Growth - Strength based organization focused on individual and business unit growth
    Entrepreneurial - Encourages new ideas, best practices and individual business plans

Cons

Need a larger national footprint

Advice to Management

Continue commitment of consistent communication.

8. "The best organization to work for in the industry - creating a culture that is a "home away from home"."

Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Manager in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Roth is an organization that has created a culture like no other in the industry. Best work/life balance, best commission plans, top notch resources, the list goes on. After spending 15 years in the industry, I've found a forever home. I'm surrounded by such caring and professional co-workers, and industry talent like no other.

Cons

ability to keep all offices connected on what's working, and what's not and getting "like" groups of co-workers together to share ideas.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring top talent, and empowering them to succeed.

9. "A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I am excited to be a part of this company. We offer great training programs for new hires. We have amazing support from all co-workers and we create a very friendly and competitive environment. Everyone is committed to the success of the team, branch and company. We truly live and adhere to the company Mission, Vision and Values. I look forward to many great things as we continue to grow and add great people to the organization.

Cons

Room for improvement with tools and resources, such as remote access. As we strive to create remarkable experiences for the people we serve, having easy access to our internal resources will allow us to provide better customer, Ambassador and co-worker satisfaction.

Advice to Management

Continue to support local user groups and networking functions. Reconsider the cell phone reimbursement progarm as it can improve co-worker, ambassador and client satisfaction.

10. "Great company, great comp packages"

Current Employee - Manager in Orange, CA
    Current Employee - Manager in Orange, CA

I have been working at Roth Staffing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company culture is strong. Want to do the right thing with their coworkers, candidates and clients. Hire only the best. Empower the local branches. Always allow mgmt to make business cases as opposed to fighting red tape constantly. Coworkers are happy and want to be at work. Company wants employees to bonus. Base salaries as opposed to a draw situation which is much more competitive. 9/80 option for staff which is a huge advantage when retaining employees (9 hr days/every other Friday off).

Cons

IT department could be more sophisticated and fix tech issues faster.

Advice to Management

Corporate departments should be held to the same expectations as the field. Problem resolution after an issue has occurred typically improves engagement by how it's handled more so than if a problem had never happened in the first place. Discussing these same principles w/ corporate would make a huge difference with how they work with the field.