KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roth Staffing

Engaged Employer

Roth Staffing

Add a Review

Roth Staffing Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Nov 9, 2021

Found 59 of over 620 reviews

4.3
Roth Staffing CEO Adam Roth
Adam Roth

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "They have a Great Culture(in 31 reviews)
  • "People are great and being able to go to different places to work and gain knowledge is awesome(in 28 reviews)
  • "Good benefits and schedule options.(in 24 reviews)
  • "Pay is good but could be better given how expensive San Diego is.(in 17 reviews)
Cons
  • "CEO and upper management are not very involved with the company.(in 17 reviews)
  • "Corporate Management sometimes makes snap judgements and won't consider other alternatives.(in 16 reviews)
  • "No Training Manager/Director(in 15 reviews)
  • "They make it impossible for employees to get time off for any reason.(in 7 reviews)
  • "These issues stem from the branch management level and sadly, corporate and senior management have been made aware several times.(in 6 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roth Staffing and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0

d

Jun 20, 2022 - Recruiter in San Diego, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work and life balance

Cons

There is only minimal room to grow

Roth Staffing Response

Thank you for your feedback; we’re glad to hear you’re enjoying Roth Staffing’s work–life balance benefits. Should you wish to further discuss career growth opportunities, we’d encourage you to connect with your Branch and/or Regional Management teams regarding potential opportunities that may align with your professional goals and skillset. Thank you.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

A different kind of staffing company.

Oct 25, 2017 - Business Solutions Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

As an internal employee, we help so many people. They set a clear path of success and have very livable Guiding Values. We have a Mission, Vision, and Values that we meet everyday. There is no limit to the amount of bonuses you can make. We have an excellent work/life balance (9/80 work schedule) and are very flexible even beyond that.

Cons

Training is designed for people familiar with the industry. You have to self-manage your time or you will be overwhelmed. There is a lot of admin that you have to do. If you think you can get around it, you will be left behind!

3. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Management

Oct 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work/life balance and hours are good.

Cons

Senior Management is not connected to the field.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work Life Balance??

Sep 25, 2017 - Bss
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a lot of training which is helpful especially for new co-workers. I love the fact that each branch gets to volunteer at an organization of their choice.

Cons

We are offered a 9/80 which is great but also means we get less vacation time. Our company gets employees by offering outstanding work life balance however we don't even get the day after Christmas off? How are we supposed to see our family out of state? We work long hours and are not allowed to work overtime. If for some reason you have to work later you are required to come in late or leave early the next day, instead of being compensated. Also there is no such thing as a raise here, employees have been here for multiple years and have never gotten a raise and when they do it's just change, twenty-five to seventy-five cents!!!

6 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0

Fantastic place to work!

Jan 26, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is definitely the best place I've ever worked. Management truly cares about the people who work here personally and professionally. Business decisions are often guided by what would be best for their employees instead of what is most profitable- this is a large company that is run like a family business . Roth is a company that holds its self accountable to its values- a great example of that is work/life balance. Too often recruiters end up working 50-60 hours/week regularly. At Roth, Business Solutions Specialists and Managers are paid hourly- if we work more than 40 hours a week we get paid overtime! The result is that we don't work more than 40 hours a week. Add that to the 9/80 work schedule that gives us 26 three day weekends each year- the work/life balance is real! If you like money (and who doesn't) base salaries are above average for the industry and bonus plans are very generous. It's easy to make a lot of money at this company.

Cons

No job is perfect- especially in the recruiting world. There are always ups and downs when connecting candidates and clients. Sales goals are set high but are very achievable.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

My experience at Roth Staffing

May 16, 2019 - Sales Manager in New Haven, CT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Tremendous corporate culture. The Executive Management team takes the time to listen to our concerns and does a great job taking our suggestions and implementing them to improve processes and practices. The company truly cares about its co-workers, I have seen countless examples of Roth Staffing going above and beyond to assist with an employee who was struggling with something either on a personal or professional level. Salary and compensation are above the levels of our competitors and the training is stronger than at other companies I've been with. They offer flexible hours and put a strong emphasis on work/life balance

Cons

The benefits could be a bit more comprehensive and affordable.

7. 4.0

Ultimate Staffing

Jul 4, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very good bonus compensation. Also a very good work life balance and offer 9/80

Cons

tough to build business when economy is down

8. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Changing priorities are causing company values to change

Mar 8, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company genuinely cares about employees and there is a good work life balance here

Cons

The company is sacrificing their relational culture for the sake of progressing in the market and it is making it feel like every other staffing firm. New managers are bulldozing over existing work and trying to make Roth their own version of recruiting/sales instead of trying to understand the individual teams and how they operate. This use to be an exciting company to work for and now coming to work is nothing but stressful and anxiety producing.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company that really cares

Oct 11, 2012 - Manager In Texas
    Business Outlook

Pros

This is a company that really does care, not only about it's clients but also about it's ambassadors and coworkers. The company culture is what brought me to Roth Staffing and what keeps me working here! Work life balance is very important and a reality working with Roth. They also have some of the best tools in the industry! I really do love working for this organization.

Cons

There have not always been the best onboarding tools to set new hires up for success. The company intranet is not the most user friendly.

10. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

A Company Struggling to Find Its Identity

Aug 21, 2017 - Bsm in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Strong compensation potential if you can last more than 18 months, however 80% of people don't make it that long. - Good opportunity for individuals early in their career who have some interest in sales/recruiting who are very compliant, willing to listen/learn and follow a narrow path. -The rampant turnover can become opportunity if you are willing to be opportunistic and fight to takeover new accounts in the wake of departures -Opportunity to work for a company that has great intentions for making life better in a genuine but that often falls short in execution -Ability to work in a highly competitive industry with both slow and fast sales cycle -Opportunity to hone sales skills on your own but limited opportunity to be challenged or grow in sales technique -Nice 9/80 schedule (every other Friday off) but no work from home options for the vast majority of staff -Work life balance is encouraged but difficult to maintain in a busy office while you are trying to grow your book of business

Cons

-Extensive turnover at the branch level makes it difficult to feel like you are a part of a strong team for more than 6 months, ALL roles BSM, TAS, BSS, are constantly cycling in and out. -Very conservative, uptight culture that doesn't treat employee like adults, extremely limited opportunity to work from home, attend networking events, professional conferences, that aren't company endorsed. -Marketing team is constantly running new initiatives that feel more like propaganda campaigns than anything else -Not a great place for opinionated, independent, big picture thinkers, if you are, you will either be forced out or constantly have to bite your tongue. -The company isn't great at setting up their managers for success, tenure/loyality is rewarded above all else, they overload management so the core duties get ignored and pet projects crowd out what should be the mission/main goal -If you stay long enough you will feel pulled between a great income and friends who no longer work at the company who HATE the company because virtually nobody leaves Roth Staffing on positive terms or even amicably.

11 people found this review helpful

Roth Staffing Response

Executive Leader

Hi, this is Adam Roth, CEO, and I want to personally invite you to email me at aroth@rothstaffing.com (or call into corporate) so that we can discuss your insights further. I know that this is asking a lot and I will understand if I do not hear from you, but if you’re open to it, I would genuinely enjoy discussing your perspective further. Your review is well thought-out and well written, and feedback like yours will help us become an even better place to work. But I would like to be able to ask you some questions about the suggestions you propose. The turnover you have seen is not representative for what is typically seen in our offices and I can certainly understand how that can impact your engagement. Thank you for taking the time to fully articulate what you have experienced in your branch office – I sincerely hope to hear from you soon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 59 Reviews