RotoMetrics Reviews | Glassdoor

Rating Trends Rating Trends
Robert (Bob) Spiller

1. "Good"

Current Employee - Machine Operator in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Frindley Environment
    -Clean
    -Job Security
    -Heath Care
    -401k Benefits
    -401k up to 4% company match
    -Overtime if wanted
    -Multiple Jobs within plant

Cons

Some machinery needs updated or replaced instead of a short term fix to just have problems with it later on.

2. "For those considering a job at RotoMetrics...."

Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Eureka, MO
    Former Employee - IT Project Manager in Eureka, MO

I worked at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Not a place I'd recommend for anyone.

Cons

During my exit interview, I let RotoMetrics know that I needed to leave the company after 13 years due to a health issue in the family. Instead of working with me to make the transition smoother for my family, this is how they responded...

=> I left the company on November 29th. They cut off my insurance on November 30th.

=> On my final paycheck I was charged insurance through December 2nd. So, not only did they not work with my family who was in need of continued insurance coverage, they charged me for insurance I didn't even have.

=> Even though I paid for COBRA insurance as soon as possible, instead of switching my insurance over to COBRA, my coverage was terminated. They claim this was an error on the part of the insurance company. So, rather than owning the problem, they point fingers. Irregardless of who's fault it was, the fact remains that a family had to go without needed medicine because of the error.

=> I set up my COBRA coverage to auto-pay, but the next month came around and nothing came out of my account. After spending hours on the phone trying to figure out what happened, I received a letter on January 9th, that RotoMetrics decided to switch the administrator of the COBRA plan. This letter came 9 days AFTER they made the switch. And to make matters worse, one month into COBRA coverage they raised my families' rates over 200 dollars per month.

So, instead of working with someone who has been a productive employee for over 13 years, they charge them for insurance they no longer had, they terminated their coverage even though it was paid for, they pull the rug out from under them one month into the plan by switching administrators and not notifying them, and they raise the rates one month into the plan by over 33%.

This pretty much sums up RotoMetrics.

Advice to Management

Due diligence is more than a buzzword.

3. "Export Clerk"

Former Employee - Export Clerk in Telford, PA
    Former Employee - Export Clerk in Telford, PA

I worked at RotoMetrics (More than 10 years)

Pros

A really good place to work,friendly and curtious.

Cons

I haven't a bad word to say .

5. "Customer Service"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Eureka, MO
    Current Employee - Inside Sales in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Been at RotoMetrics for almost 15 years. Coworkers are good people just trying to do their job to the best of their abilities and keep the customers happy. Good benefits, good pay.

Cons

None really. Everyone is happy and no one complains, ever that I hear.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the amazing work! Everyone is pleased and happy with the current management team in all departments from what I see. Awesome skill set and industry knowledge. Great decision making skills form the management team members. Please do not make any changes and continue to make this place great and THE industry leader.

May 13, 2016 – Vice President, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your kind comments. RotoMetrics teamwork is one of the best that I have seen.

"I disagree with recent negative postings"

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Super Clean
    Very Safe Work Practices
    I'm Paid Fairly (no idea what anyone else makes)
    Good Benefits
    Secure Employer
     No Lay Offs

Cons

Small percentage of employees, both new & old, who don't seem to understand
    A few in the shop work force's placement is questionable

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in hot dogs, snacks, ice cream etc for all shifts like you did last week.
    Don't believe anyone who claims morale is any lower than its always been. Are there negative people here? Hell yes, we're all negative, WE'RE AT WORK! I've been here since East Clinton, I know almost everyone and almost everyone knows me. The working environment in the shop is much better than it was under Mel. A lot of us like that we know what time we're going home when we wake up that day. The CSR's aren't meeting anywhere after work & if they are, it ain't to talk about Roto!
    There are a few people in the shop, in my opinion, in positions they aren't suited for. You should identify and move them to a job that's a better fit.
    I don't know where the man in charge went to college or what he majored in but I see him eating his lunch with us common folk in the cafeteria.

May 13, 2016 – Vice President, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your honest feedback. We will continue to find creative ways to improve while having fun at work.

"Looking up"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid pay, good benefits, and friendly workforce. Company is slowly making change to results based metric decision making away from fly by seat of pants gut based decisions.

Cons

Company reminds me of an old heavy weight boxer who is used to winning but slowly losing a step and needs to embrace some new techniques before it's lights out.

Advice to Management

Management could stand to be willing to set on the old guards toes a little bit more and letting employees wax nostalgic about the glory days 20+ years ago

"Machine operator"

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Steady paycheck....climate controlled facility...overtime if you want

Cons

Poor management...very top heavy...company does not run near as good as it once did

Advice to Management

Consider promoting from within....instead of hiring people that do not know the industry

"Changes needed"

Current Employee - Customer Solutions in Eureka, MO
    Current Employee - Customer Solutions in Eureka, MO

Pros

None these days. Other than pay and I guess the pro is the company name. Still the biggest in the industry but that is fading. Company is living on it's past record and not doing much to keep it's integrity and quality

Cons

People in charge. Morale of employees is very low. Angry bitter managers.

Advice to Management

Have some integrity please? Work on quality and stop harping on the numbers. Get some leaders in that have gumption and respect for people rather than foghorns that scream everyone down and cause nothing but low morale in the organization.

"Poor Mangement"

Current Employee - Sales in Eureka, MO
    Current Employee - Sales in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good pay. Great name in the industry

Cons

After second by out by investment company, too many middle management people brought in that have no clue about the industry or how to manage. Telling someone who has been in the field and in front of customers for over 20 year what to say and how to say it, with zero experience in sales calls to label converters is not a good way to shore up business and help morale. Letting good people go because they don't parrot your mantra or to just cut salaries sends a signal that you don't know and care what you are doing. Constantly calling potential customers sometimes on a daily basis is NOT the way to sell this product. Sales are done through relationships, not boiler room telemarketing. Of course, you can't tell these people anything. It's their way or the highway, never mind that their way is an abysmal failure.

Advice to Management

Get rid of all the middle managers. Amazing how well the company ran 6 years ago when there was an owner, a VP of manuf. and a VP of sales and that was your management. Also invest in a CEO that has not failed at other endeavors and has a clue about people skills. A Cornell grad with a degree in bridge building is not the answer. This company has a history of hiring CEO's that are either crooked or clueless about standard business practices.

Feb 1, 2016 – Vice President, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your constructive feedback. We understand that change is very difficult and appreciate our tenured employee's passion and knowledge of our industry as well as our customers. Like ... More

"Dead End Job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eureka, MO

I have been working at RotoMetrics full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a steady job, but a hard company to work for. Raises are few and far between, and they aren't very much when they do give them out.

Cons

Poor planning and terrible management skills by the supervisors. Not good at keeping a steady work flow. It's either really slow with nothing to do, or insanely busy. Overtime is forced no matter what the situation is. Sometimes, I'm forced to work 60 hours in a week. Middle management has no people skills, and instead tries to bully and push around employees. They like to make threats of write-ups, longer hours, and generally make the job more stressful than it needs to be. They're constantly playing games with you and stabbing you in the back.

Advice to Management

Have some respect for your employees. Management works their employees to the point of exhaustion, no matter what the circumstances are. You could have a medical problem, family crisis, or an important matter to tend to, and they won't work around your schedule. The reason this company can't keep workers is because the way they treat their employees.

Feb 1, 2016 – Vice President, Global Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We are committed to creating a comfortable, transparent and collaborative environment for all of our employees so we are disappointed to hear about some of your ... More