RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2
Kevin Brungardt

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • RPMS provides plenty of opportunity for growth and nurtures its employees (in 11 reviews)

• Great place to get exposure to numerous areas of the mortgage servicing industry - exposure that likely does not occur at larger servicers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains of a young company, however, any issues associated are resolved over time (in 8 reviews)

• Call center environment , not straight forward, bad training, and long hours (in 4 reviews)

"RoundPoint is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Desktop Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Desktop Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

RoundPoint has a great IT department and the team works very well together.
    We have a great department leader who truly cares about his employees professional development and he is always looking for ways to make our team function better and more efficiently.
    This company also has a great culture. RoundPoint cares about its employees and shows that every single day. If you're looking for a good place to work, RoundPoint is they place to go.

Cons

I can't think of anything bad to say about RoundPoint.

2. "Three years with Roundpoint..."

Current Employee - Loss Mitigation QA Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loss Mitigation QA Specialist in Charlotte, NC

Pros

All in all, Roundpoint is not the worst finance company to work with, there's an excellent benefits package, opportunities for lateral movement, and a few employee incentives to improve morale.

Cons

It appears as though they operate on a "good ol boys" system of promotion where it is not based on merit, rather than how close one is to their superior...it's a matter of friendships to excel in this company, something that has put highly unqualified people in higher level positions.

Advice to Management

Do better.

"Loan Officer"

Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Officer in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management cares, Work/Life balance are great, Culture and people here are awesome

Cons

Benefits are not the best and could be better.

Advice to Management

None, Management is great and they definitely care about your personal success and want to see you grow as an individual.

"RoundPoint keeps getting better"

Current Employee - IT Applications in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - IT Applications in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Best CEO I have ever had! The CEO talks about needing to make tough decisions to grow and follows it up. For IT, they brought in a very experienced and aggressive new leadership team that has put a modern plan in place to improve IT and they are plowing through the obstacles to make it happen.

Cons

Location is kind of far from my house.

Advice to Management

Keep moving forward with the current direction.

"Great business, great people. A+++"

Current Employee - Insurance Claim Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Insurance Claim Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC

Pros

RPMS has a great business model for recruiting individuals starting their career in the mortgage industry. I started as a temporary employee, was quickly hired as permanent, and subsequently promoted into my current position. RPMS provides plenty of opportunity for growth and nurtures its employees. All my co-workers are courteous and easy to get along with and this truly feels like a family type of organization. RPMS makes me feel welcomed, comfortable and valued and for that I am truly grateful. Thank you to RPMS for the opportunit

Cons

Growing pains of a young company, however, any issues associated are resolved over time.

"It was ok, could have been better"

Former Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pay was fair, work life balance was ok

Cons

terrible culture, management clearly played favorites

Advice to Management

Just because someone is pretty doesn't mean they're going to make a good employee

"Processor III"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Where do I start? The interview process was AMAZING for me! They identified my talents and immediately acted on in it. Coming from a company that barely gave me a pat on the back it was an awesome feeling of appreciation BEFORE I became an employee. Once hired on as promised they began to invest in ME. I was able to attend lunch and learns, PODS, Toastmasters and more. This is all done during paid working hours. Management and Executives are accessible at all times. My department has the best of the best. We work together and freely share our talents with each other. The processing manager happens to be the smartest well rounded individual I have ever encountered. The culture is amazing. RP has enhanced my life tremendously.

Cons

As Retention is a new department that is ever changing for the good. Change happens day. Not certain that is a con .

Advice to Management

When new process is implemented instead of relying on the department heads to bring their department up to speed maybe address ALL the department's as a whole. A brief monthly meeting with Retension as a whole can be a way to introduce new procedures.

"When you love what you do, you're never at work!"

Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Closer in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Mortgage Loan Closer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

When I was hired as a mortgage closer at Roundpoint, I was simply grateful to have a job. I had no idea what a fantastic company Roundpoint is or that I would finally love coming to work every day. I soon found out, however, and now I am not only grateful for the job, I’m absolutely thrilled to be a Roundpointer!

There are so many reasons to love Roundpoint like I do. I’m going to focus on a handful of them in my review in the hopes that I can give you an idea of what it’s like to come to work here every day.
    First, and most importantly, is the company’s vision, which is focused on ethics, energy and execution. As someone who believes in doing the right thing, I can definitely get behind Roundpoint’s commitment to ethical practice. If you don’t hear the word “compliance” you haven’t been to work that day! This also shines through in the way everyone’s voice is heard, from the employee starting at the ground floor, all they way up to the top – all have a valued opinion, all are listened to.

Next is energy, and there is for sure a lot of that! The work is high volume, fast-paced but demands strict attention to detail, so plenty of energy is required! But this focus on energy is also about getting better every day at what you do by learning and growing as much as you can. And your superiors are here to support that learning and growth 100%. I can’t tell you how fulfilling it is to spend the day in an environment where constant learning and growing are happening. The positive energy from that definitely rubs off!

Finally, execution. Roundpoint is emerging as a one of the fastest-growing mortgage companies in the industry and will soon be rank among the top ten in the country. We are adding new states every month as well as new employees. We seem to be constantly hiring, but we have the volume to back it up! But what impresses me the most is how Roundpoint wants to grow, and how it wants to be seen as a company. When you hear “Roundpoint” we want you to think excellence, compliance and the utmost in “White Glove Service” to our customers. We may be rocketing to the top, but we’re doing the right way. And that’s something you don’t see a lot nowadays, you know?

Now, that I’ve told you about the broad vision of Roundpoint, let me tell you about the company culture, which is…amazing. It’s a culture of family, with endless opportunities to actually get to know the people you spend the most time with – your co-workers! There are happy hours, cookouts, local events, company softball, a fabulous holiday party and so many other ways to have fun together. And if you’re an event organizer like me, you can join the EET (Employee Engagement Team) and help plan and put on all of these events. If you like more intimate social gatherings, there are countless social clubs to join, from the Arts and Crafts club to the Gamers Club. Or do both!

It’s also a culture of philanthropy. Roundpoint and its employees have a strong commitment to the community and giving back. We have book, clothing, blood and food drives. We pack shoeboxes at Christmas for Operation Christmas Child. We sends cards of encouragement to those suffering from illness. We volunteer in local schools and shelters. We support so many causes, local and non-local, and it’s truly amazing to witness all the good we do in our community. I’m very proud to work for a company that supports, encourages and provides so many opportunities to serve others.

It’s a culture of growth, personal and professional. My managers understand that I am not merely their employee, I am a person. I have a life outside of work, and I have a family. As dedicated as I am to my job, it’s important to have balance and to feel like that balance is important to my managers. It’s also important that I’m treated like an adult who can manage her workload without having to be constantly supervised. And when the time comes for me to move up professionally, it’s important to know that I have my managers’ support and encouragement to do so. I have all of this and more with my managers, and it is amazing.

And finally, the good stuff. The perks! Competitive salary, comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance packages, matching 401K, generous PTO, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement. And then there’s the casual dress policy, free massages, free lunches… I was absolutely amazed at everything available to me as a Roundpoint employee. And the birthday cupcakes at the end of every month aren’t bad either!

I hope I’ve convinced you to apply for a position at Roundpoint, if there’s one available that seems like a good fit for you. You truly won’t regret it. As one of the SVP’s said at our last Town Hall meeting (where free breakfast was provided and free Roundpoint t-shirts given out),

“At Roundpoint, we’re looking for folks who are kind and smart. We can teach ‘em everything they need to know about the mortgage business.”

Cons

Not located in a very busy section of town -- proximity to "lunch hour errands" locations is not great.

"IT department has zero leadership and needs a complete overhaul."

Former Employee - IT Support in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Support in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a relaxed dress code and generally nice employees.

Cons

CIO is very young and egotistical. He lacks both integrity and experience.

Advice to Management

Continue with current outline. Hire a more experienced CIO.

10. "Growth Opportunities"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Loan Processor in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Growth Opportunities, Friendly Environment, Great during and after work events!, Senior Management really cares.

Cons

Insurance could be a lot better!!