RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated April 2, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Brungardt

Pros
  • RPMS provides plenty of opportunity for growth and nurtures its employees (in 11 reviews)

• Great place to get exposure to numerous areas of the mortgage servicing industry - exposure that likely does not occur at larger servicers (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains of a young company, however, any issues associated are resolved over time (in 8 reviews)

• Call center environment , not straight forward, bad training, and long hours (in 4 reviews)

"IT department has zero leadership and needs a complete overhaul."

Former Employee - IT Support in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - IT Support in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They have a relaxed dress code and generally nice employees.

Cons

CIO is very young and egotistical. He lacks both integrity and experience.

Advice to Management

Continue with current outline. Hire a more experienced CIO.

"Stressed, underpaid, overworked, unappreciated"

Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They deposit my paycheck on time every two weeks

Cons

Salaries are low, work is stressful, and processes are flawed. The CEO and upper management are out of touch. Ever since they fired the president morale has been extremely low. Everyone is either looking for other jobs outside the company or have already left. It use to be a good company with a lot of promise but lately things are pretty bad.

Advice to Management

Appreciate your employees by compensating them fairly. Remove the foosball table in the CEO's office. Either stop offshoring all of the work for cheap labor or change your motto to something other than "white glove service" because we all know that no longer matters. Just say we are now all about the bottom line and we don't care if the work is subpar.

"Sinking Ship in Charlotte"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My manager was great and a good person to work for. He understood people and went out of his way to make sure you had what you needed to succeed.

Cons

The organization is falling apart. Management has no clue how to maintain the business yet they want to grow in volume while reducing spending. They have outsourced more than half of IT to overseas resources and continue to cut costs and corners to try and keep this sinking ship afloat. The upper management and specifically the CEO are inept. The CEO is more concerned with playing foosball than running the company - so much so that he now has a private table in his office. Avoid this organization unless it is your only choice.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that do the work and know the process. Hold managers accountable and stop protecting those that only cause problems.

"No growth opportunities in Dallas."

Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Dallas, TX

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

I've made some good friends. The company does offer some good benefits.

Cons

Micro-managed, managers play favorites, a lot of people are unhappy and hate their jobs, high turnover rates in several departments, departments tend to be understaffed, they overwork people, and the pay is not that great.

Advice to Management

There are several employees with a lot of potential in terms of what they are capable of. Stop hindering them. Employees who hate their jobs are not going to be as productive as they could be. The employees who are good at their job should not be held back if they try to advance their career. It's unfair to hold any employee back just because they are good at their job and mangement doesn't want to risk replacing them. An employee might be what a department needs/wants, but it doesnt mean that it is what the employee needs/wants. If good employees aren't held back, it shows others that if they work hard too then they can also advance their career.

"Would not recommend job"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

The only pros are the free monthly cupcakes, the friends I've made, and my paycheck pay my bills.

Cons

The entire company is unorganized. They are reactive instead of proactive. These a lack of policies and procedures. Everything is go with the flow, and we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Every department has a high turnover rate. There aren't any growth opportunities. You don't have to know what you're doing to get promoted you just have to be buddy buddy with management. There have been times when people have been asked from senior management to "work around" and bend/ broke laws so that loss mitigation can close loans.

Advice to Management

Stop being micro managers, we are all adults. Promote people who actually know what they're doing.

6. "The same fake crap of all companies with a call center!!"

Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Free Tea
    Free Coffee
    Growing company

Cons

A lot of training meetings
    Unorganized
    High School atmosphere
    Bonus Program is taxed 40%
    Mandatory Overtime
    Management will lie
    Don't get on the phones
    Policies change everyday

Advice to Management

Do not make up crap to get rid of full-time or contract workers to make room for new employee's!

"Horrible, I went through a staffing agency who lied about what this company really is."

Pros

Nothing really, they do have a building which appears to be up to code, and vending machines. They did deposit pay on time.

Cons

Training was the worst I have seen in a long time, 2 weeks of "accelerated training" sitting for 8 hours in a room with wooden chairs. We were expected to jump on the phones without any hands on training. Software they use is something you would see in an 80's film. It like MS DOS, except MS DOS is more user friendly.

Advice to Management

What management?

8. "Just another call center"

Pros

Growing company, If you love call centers this would be a more upscale one, cool building, that's about it.

Cons

Call center environment , not straight forward, bad training, and long hours. You have to love this industry to real advance. This is not a place where "I just need a job" have to be on that career mindset.

9. "Not what I thought it was"

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

good location, and fun people to work with

Cons

Pay is not good, management is very young.. and they are not good leaders

Advice to Management

Learn your job

"There is no diversity within the company, has many qualified employees that could be promoted."

Pros

The company is a growing company, good for someone that is just getting a fresh start within the mortgage industry.

Cons

No growth for internal hires. No training and development department for new hires. Alot of confusion because no training department.

Advice to Management

Upper management should look at and promote internal hires. Show employees that they are appreciated. stop favortism and buddy system.