RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

4.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kevin Brungardt

Pros
  • The company has so many opportunities for growth as well as learning that there is always the chance to get into another area and move up (in 9 reviews)

• It is a growing company that will offer plenty of opportunity for those that really want it (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • typical growing pains, but managed better than any other place I've worked (in 5 reviews)

• Call center environment , not straight forward, bad training, and long hours (in 3 reviews)

"Mortgage Loan Officer"

Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Rockville, MD
    Current Employee - MOrtgage Loan Originator in Rockville, MD

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Tons of leads, no cost, no trickery selling techniques, straight forward products. You don't feel like your ripping people off. Easy to be successful. You get out what you put in.

Cons

Many loan officers in a growing company may make it harder to get to top then in the past. Easy to do though if you work.

Advice to Management

Monitor a little more closely some of the other LO's who may be not producing, wasting leads for more successful LO's

2. "Great culture, overall great place to work"

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

Great culture and pay!
    Benefits are good. Management in my department is good.

Cons

Don't really have any cons to share.

3. "Love this place!"

Current Employee - Portfolio Specialist in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Portfolio Specialist in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

Growing company, young, energetic. Opportunities for growth for anyone who works hard and performs well. Fun environment, fun people, lots going on. I played on the company flag football team and had a blast!

Cons

typical growing pains, but managed better than any other place I've worked.

Advice to Management

Communicate and keep the team motivated.

5. "Roundpoint was a career opportunity like no other, a ground-level-up look at the mortgage business in a startup environ."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Visionary leadership
    Investment in technology innovations
    Commitment to excellence
    Generous compensation
    Excellent benefits

Cons

Many platforms and programs we still in development as of the time I left the company. I would call this an opportunity rather than a "con".

Advice to Management

Continue taking a forward-looking, growth-centric perspective on the business.

"Fantastic company full of opportunities"

Former Employee - Finnance and Accounting in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Finnance and Accounting in Charlotte, NC

I worked at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great management and staff, CEO is a visionary who goes out of his way to make every employee feel at home. I love this job!

Cons

Long but manageable hours, the office is great but I'm not personally a fan of Charlotte. The only other con I can think of is if the management were changed because how it is, is perfect!

Advice to Management

I love how the management makes even the entry level professionals feel as though they have a say in the company's development. Great and friendly work environment, please keep it up!

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I actually love working for RPMS. I have been here for 5 months now and I find the company culture to be very refreshing. I have not worked for or with nicer people and I enjoy the non-micromanaged environment, the flexibility, the casual environment and as a Recruiter, I love the life work balance (which is not something I normally have). The benefits are also far better than any previous employer. They take great pride in their employee engagement and they always have something scheduled that is either a fun event or a medical screening, flu shot, mobile breast exam, etc. They take our health and happiness very seriously here and I appreciate that.

I work very hard, but cannot wait to come back to work the next day and do it all over again, which is a feeling I have not had in a very long time.

As a Recruiter, if I didn't believe in the company I was staffing for, I would not be able to do my job effectively. I find myself to be very enthusiastic when recruiting new candidates, and I still become excited with each new hire because I love the company culture that much. If I didn't, I wouldn't be recruiting for this company...period.

Cons

I have not experienced any cons yet myself, but will post as time goes on if I find any.

Advice to Management

For my team, keep up the good work. I love it here!

"Fun place, competitive pay"

Current Employee - Risk & Compliance in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Risk & Compliance in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time

Pros

The corporate culture here is great! Driven, motivated individuals, happy to be a team and get the job done.

Cons

Can work long hours at times. There is a slight communication disconnect between upper management and everyone else

"Awesome Place to Work"

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Wonderful company to work for. A company where you can make your own career. Several of the management staff started at line-level and then worked their way up to officer status! Management is truly passionate about the company and the future of the company.

Cons

No complaints about the company. I cannot wait to see how we succeed!

"Excellent Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Pros

The employee experience at RoundPoint is amazing and I believe it will keep getting better. I started as an hourly employee and the company has rewarded me for hard work, creativity, and ongoing contributions by allowing and encouraging me to work in a variety of roles. I've been able to learn from multiple teams and mentors and that has strengthened my cross-functional skills. The company also encourages personal development. Additionally, I'm constantly encouraged to take ownership of my primary role within the company and I feel like I am a business owner within the business. I feel very valued as an employee here!

Cons

Constantly pushing at work and very high expectations for work - not as much the hours, but the pace can feel demanding

Advice to Management

I'd only say to make sure that, as the company continues to grow rapidly, make sure to keep the quality bar for incoming people high.

11. "A great company to work for"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at RoundPoint Mortgage Servicing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome people, fun and fast-paced environment, free food, holiday celebrations, great job security and opportunity for advancement, great balance between work and personal life.

Cons

Can be stressful at times, a few areas of improvement for processes and controls