KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Roush Industries

Is this your company?

Roush Industries

Add a Review

Roush Industries Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Nov 2, 2020

Found 16 of over 278 reviews

3.8
Roush Industries Chief Executive Officer Evan Lyall (no image)
Evan Lyall
Pros
  • "Great work environment and culture(in 12 reviews)

• "Great company, great people would recommend(in 9 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, some weekends, my role didn't pay overtime(in 9 reviews)

• "Low pay, not much room for advancement(in 9 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Roush Industries and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Roush Manufacturing Engineer Intern

Sep 16, 2019 - Manufacturing Engineer
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and culture

Cons

Slow paced at times in between projects

2. 3.0

Great Company

Apr 1, 2020 - Teaching Assistant in Urbana, IL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Wonderful co-workers and work environment

Cons

Don't pay in the summer

3. 2.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Enjoyable Job, less enjoyable compensation

Nov 4, 2019 - Test Engineer in Auburn Hills, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Being a test engineer has its perks. You are able to spend time with and learn about the newest automotive products. Fellow Coworkers are all very nice and there is a great work environment.

Cons

Management does not recognize or acknowledge good work. Needed to ask multiple times for a yearly performance review, and once a review was given there was not much helpful feedback and no raise was offered.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee

Development Engineer

Nov 18, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Work environment Interesting projects Use of facilities

Cons

Low pay Other departments don’t communicate well with each other. This creates many issues on individual employee levels all the way to full program levels.

5. 2.0

Roush Industries Review

Nov 17, 2018 - Product Development Engineer in Allen Park, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Working Environment Interesting Projects Access to company facilities and resources Decent benefits

Cons

Poor pay compared to industry average No Sick Time Very little Holidays Poor Project management

6. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Easy going place to work for with great job security.

Mar 1, 2018 - Mechanical Design Engineer in Livonia, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Comfortable work environment. People are easy to get along with. Lots of different projects to be apart of. Wide range of software usage.

Cons

Distanced a bit from management so sometime you can feel noticed for your accomplishments. Slow to get pay raises unless you a persistent and forward about asking for them.

Roush Industries Response

Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your comments. Roush strives to create a workforce dedicated to our customers and excited about our projects. We are excited about our innovative programs and technology, which help us maintain our place as a leader in the industry. We want to make sure that the concerns of our employees are heard and addressed. We have an open-door policy for employees to address concerns, ideas, suggestions, and opportunities for career advancement. We also offer annual performance reviews which allows another opportunity to share career goals and review personal accomplishments. We want our employees to have long-lasting careers here at Roush. The company, and each employee, will strive to deliver competitive products and service to our customers on time, which meet or exceed our customers’ expectations.

7. 4.0
      Former Contractor, less than 1 year

Coordinator

Aug 7, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, casual work environment, some good co-workers, fun projects

Cons

Lack of direction from management, poor upper management, lack of team feeling among group.

Roush Industries Response

HR Manager

Thank you for your review. We continue to provide training and development to all of our employees at every level. Our goal is that through ongoing development, we will continue to strive to be the best in the industry and provide quality results to our customers.

8. 3.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great indoor place to work on newest / cutting edge of vehicles, laid off after 4 weeks of working, good/great co-worke

Feb 11, 2016 - Auto Technician in Allen Park, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great, clean indoor working environment . Good/friendly co-workers, mostly friendly management- generally with no one breathing down your neck on your project task.

Cons

Detroit traffic - even at the earliest of hours, 'hurry up' or 'drag your feet' attitude depending on whether or not you're at the beginning or the end of project cycles. Middle/floor management could spend time better assisting technicians versus using personal [tech] devices / shooting the s... with other employees, especially those that just seem to be "flying under the radar". No training on some projects / just supposed to know. Poor inventory control on material to be reused - items just end up missing/misplaced [time waster]. Never met my boss ~ (good or bad?) Always unsure of working hours - longer / shorter or don't come to work? [as in laid off] "Roush Performance" doesn't seem to stand for employee/employer performance.

1 person found this review helpful
    9. 4.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Good Start to Career

Nov 23, 2015 - Intern - Hourly in Allen Park, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are many different areas and projects that the company offers. A good place to get some broad experience. Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Can be slow paced at times. Work needs to be drug out. When work is plenty you are kept very busy . No in between.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Hostile Work Environment

Oct 1, 2015 - Design Engineer in Livonia, MI
      Business Outlook

Pros

A lot of great projects. Good sales team.

Cons

Hostile work environment. Immediate supervisor was critical and non-supportive.

3 people found this review helpful