Royal Crest Dairy Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great pay if you perform. This job is not for people that don’t know how to put in the work. I have been with this company for 7 years and in this position for 1. I can honestly tell you that if you want to make 75k a year working. 8-10 hours a day without a collage degree or precious sales experience, its more than possible. I’m doing it. But more importantly, I really love my job. I can be creative, strategic, and manage my time. ITS NOT EASY! But if you can put in the work to get good, you will love your life.

Cons

Nothing that goes unsaid. It’s sales. It requires acceptance of rejection. If you can move past that, you will be fine.

Advice to Management

Management is great. They are supportive and understand what we do, and how it works.

2. "Fun Job"

Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Door to Door Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job if you want to really learn how to sell.

Cons

You have to knock a lot of doors.

Advice to Management

Get current!

3. "GREAT Company but HARD work!"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Denver, CO

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Loved the managers and fellow employees. Knowledge of the product was huge and access to product was awesome!

Cons

Didn't focus enough on training to get their sales staff comfortable with door to door. Would also be helpful if route managers spent more time with the new guys on the road. But still great folks.

Advice to Management

Focus on helping your drivers be successful. Door to door isn't easy and truly showing someone the ropes for a few days or weeks will help them be successful.

4. "Driver"

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Longmont, CO
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Longmont, CO

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pay is decent. Pretty much work alone.

Cons

60+ hours a week, many dangerous conditions are always present, yet management doesnt seem to care. Advancement is a joke, like any other job it's who likes you rather than the job you do.

Advice to Management

Take action and step up. Stop unloading all the work and problems to the drivers and actually do the job you're being paid to do... Stop talking down to us, you all were once drivers like us, act like it.

5. "H"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone (almost everyone) treats you good and are nice. Small group so you get to know everyone. ( only those who want to be friends) there are a couple of people who are just nasty people. For the most part I would recomend.

Cons

Pay not that great, but can work with. You can't talk to the owner without a good reason and an appointment, which I think is ridiculous. Not many advance ment opportunities.

Advice to Management

Get off your high horse, your just like everyone else. ( got to go to work)

"not worth the pay"

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

job would be ok if you didnt have a time limit on everything and have to wait around for other drives, its definately not worth 11 bucks an hour, especially since it's overnight.

Cons

crooked supervisors, get rid of them.

Advice to Management

This is for MANAGEMENT that is in charge of the supervisors. Get rid of the supervisors in colorado springs. You wonder why nobody lasts long here, its because management chases them away. Watch toward the end of the year how many people are fired or quit. The reason is because the supervisors are c'hasing them out the doors so they can take the tips that come every christmas. They dont give those tips to drives who have been there less than 3 months. They keep them and split them up, and they dont tell the customers they are doing this. These drivers bust their butt for your company and get screwed over.

"Mixed bag..."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I worked at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pretty generous employee discount, the pay is adequate, most of the food they sell is top-notch.

Cons

This company is being dragged, kicking-and-screaming into the computer age.

Micro-management runs rampant, division managers are fine, but the higher-ups feel as though they need to constantly run their fingers through everything - even when they lack critical knowledge of the positions, systems, and workflow that runs the business underneath them.

Nepotism definitely makes it's presence felt here.

The employees are quite cliquey and the higher managers can be straight-up two-faced...telling you one thing and then doing the opposite.

Interior employee growth is hampered by internal politics and clueless outside hires.

They literally run their drivers into the ground - the drivers are paid well...but not well enough to endure the conditions and hazards they have to work in.

Royal Crest actually reminds me quite a bit of Dunder Mifflin; a smaller, regional company with clueless top-tier management that constantly undermines the hard work of their employees with their clueless bungling and refusal to adapt to modern standards.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees - they're in the trenches, they know what's going down.

Embrace technology and the future, stop fighting it simply because you're afraid of stepping outside your comfort zone.

Treat your drivers better - they're people, not pack mules.

Dissolve the fog of politics that pervades your company - particularly with regard to your customer service division.

Stop micro-managing everything, your best employees know the ins-and-outs of the day to day operations far better than most, if not all of the higher-ups. Let them do their jobs without your constant interference and it will do wonders for that place.

"It's just like a family everyone is so nice people really go out of their way to help each other"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The monies good the people are better family and company of people are really sincere about how they treat others here

Cons

It is door-to-door it's outside it gets cold it gets hot. A little behind on coming into the computer age :)

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work you can tell you really care

"Moral is very low. But good people work there."

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time

Pros

Coworkers are awesome!! Company has tenure. Great products. CEO is very approachable and open to ideas. Great employee discount. Fast growing company.

Cons

Micro management runs rampant. The turnover rate leaves a lot to be desired. Those who are in charge can get very very moody, even downright hostile.

Advice to Management

A company is only as good as the people who work for it. Give them the respect they deserve.

10. "Customer service rep"

I have been working at Royal Crest Dairy full-time

Pros

Very positive, up beat environment

Cons

Pay on the low side but appropriate for the position

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work