Royal United Hospital Bath Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

1. "Internship"

Pros

I worked with an amazing team of specialists who made my placement a worthwhile experience.

Cons

My internship was unpaid. Also, HR department was not well organised as they lost some of my documents.

2. "Want to work in a wonderful hospital?"

I have been working at Royal United Hospital Bath full-time

Pros

Innovative Trust, seeking bottom up management style and to support staff ... staff awards, self-referral for physiotherapy, free staff counselling.

Cons

Moving staff to other wards out of their area of expertise compromises patient safety. Better to ensure other staffing strategies utilised.

Advice to Management

Not enough attention to detail in cost-efficiency strategies. Saving pennies in every area will save millions across the Trust.

3. "RUH contracted Volunteer"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at Royal United Hospital Bath as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

People are all very dedicated. Everyone I've met is proud to be part of RUH. The commitment if the staff to patients and to one another is one of partnership and solidarity. Everyone is respected and appreciated for the role they do.

Cons

Parking seems a bit of a nightmare. Sometimes the dedication of the individuals means that their own needs aren't met. Staff in some departments go without water and toilet breaks which must have a negative effect on their health.

Advice to Management

Allow staff to have a water machine so that they can stay hydrated and healthy especially on units where they must remain for the safety of the patients and where staffing us at a minimum

4. "Mr"

Current Employee - Staff Nurse in Bath, England (UK)

I have been working at Royal United Hospital Bath full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

it is in bath, and i love this city. Profesional hospital, friendly staff, good oganization, increasing my knowledge and my happiness.

Cons

I do not know any negative thing about Royal United Hospital in Bath. I think the facilities could be old.

Advice to Management

Carry on with current management, i am very happy with that, and to work in this hospital is the best thing i have in my life.

5. "Great people, not enough funding or staff."

I worked at Royal United Hospital Bath part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is lovely, especially the nurses and the volunteering staff. There are some nice staff benefits, such as canteen discounts, though not everyone would want to eat there.

Cons

You will constantly be rushed off your feet and contributing extra unpaid hours to help out. It's good work but there needs to be more funding for improvements and more staff.

"working for the nhs"

Current Employee - Senior Nurse in Bath, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Nurse in Bath, England (UK)

I have been working at Royal United Hospital Bath full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

working with like minded staff

Cons

senior managers are to target focused, patient care and staff morale suffer as a result.
    senior mangers do not listen to junior members of staff.
    pay cartel, lack of training, lack of job prospects.

Advice to Management

stop looking at targets, listen to your staff no matter what grade they are, more patient focus, stop the pay cartel now otherwise there will be no staff left!!