Royal United Mortgage Reviews | Glassdoor

4.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Royal United Mortgage President and CEO Mike Keleher
Mike Keleher

Pros
  • Work environment is a great balance between fun and professional (in 13 reviews)

• The training program was fantastic (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Expectations are high because paychecks are high (in 6 reviews)

• Any sales job will have times when things are going along easy and then it can be tougher (in 6 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"GROWTH"

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with Royal for just over two years now and I couldn't be happier with my experience thus far. Royal United is a place that offers you an actual career with an aggressive career path. Allowing those who want to do more to do just that with no ceiling. Not only that but give you the tools necessary to succeed in your role. In the last year I have received two promotions, newly being promoted to Assistant Vice President. In which I run my own sales team where we offer a high energy face paced environment. Dedicated to enriching the live of my people but as well as our client with a degree of excellence. It is not many companies that offer you the growth potential as Royal does. Nor one that is as personally invested in not only your career, but as well as your personal goals and take a genuine interest in their people. If you are looking to perfect your craft, create stability, and be around folks who are hungry and will push you to be more. Then Royal United Mortgage is at the top of the list.

Cons

It is all your state of mind. Control what is within your control.

2. "No Limits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Working at Royal United Mortgages forces you to be accountable and not settle for less than your best. Working here makes me better not just in my work life but in my personal life. We are always looking to improve. We are always thinking about how we can improve our external and internal customers, while pushing the company to new levels

Cons

Big changes need to be rolled out sooner than waiting to the last minute, and need more employee input on compensation

Advice to Management

Take a minute to thanks those around you for the success they have brought you.

3. "Great asset"

Current Employee - Senior Loan Advisor in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Senior Loan Advisor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Training is great, extensive and thorough. There is a ton of potential in building loan pipeline for loan advisors nationwide! I I am in joining the experience and grow with this company!

Cons

Hard dialing and long hours that do payoff. I wish I did not need to work the amount of weekends that I do and I do appreciate the payoff when I do.

Advice to Management

Continued training with updated documentation

5. "Processor"

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have never worked for a company that cares more about their employees, customers, and community. The management is open to suggestions and love to help teach/solve problems.

Cons

There is a lot of material to digest and plenty of slack given to fail.

6. "Great Environment with Huge Growth Potential"

Current Employee - Loan Advisor in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Loan Advisor in Austin, TX

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is an amazing, youthful, fun, and energetic environment with huge growth potential. I initially thought that this would just be a job that would allow me to relocate to a great city, but it has turned into a compelling career. This job is geared for people with a win mentality.

Cons

The Austin branch is still in it's nascent stages. There are some growing pains and challenges.

7. "Enabling Excellence and Growth from the Start!"

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Starting with no mortgage experience, the training that Colby, Abrams and Undem provided me gave me the tools I needed to succeed! They really show that they care personally about your personal growth by putting as much energy as they can towards your development. They will never be the first to give up on you, instead giving their all to make sure you never doubt yourself.

Cons

Mindset, mindset,mindset. Despite the constant encouragement and attention, if you cannot bring yourself to believe in yourself you will be in for a rude awakening.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Royal United Mortgage"

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work! The training program is incredible and the culture is amazing.

Cons

The licensing test is extremely difficult and the job is very challenging.

9. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - Loan Advisor in Austin, TX

I worked at Royal United Mortgage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The management cares. They really do. They want you to suceed and everyone will get behind you to find out what they can do to help get you where you want to be. Laid back dress but when you walk in the door you have to be ready to work hard. Fair pay, great training, and constantly bettering their processes with an open door for ideas from anyone.

Cons

High pressure environment, not a con to everyone but something to consider when deciding if this is for you. You will be micromanaged, only to your benefit, but be ready for all eyes to be on you if you have an off day.

Advice to Management

Keep caring for your employees like you do and you guys will go so far!! Much love from this former employee.

10. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Loan Processor in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fun fast paced environment. I have worked here for 4 years and have been in multiple roles in the company. Management likes to promote internally. Lots of great bonus opportunity. If you work hard you will reap the benefits!

Cons

None. Management has high expectations set at day 1. If you work hard you will have no problem achieving this.

11. "Great Company To Work For"

Current Employee - Loan Advisor in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Loan Advisor in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at Royal United Mortgage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work environment is a great balance between fun and professional. Great people to work with. Training is very comprehensive and if you fail at first they help you work through it. Great bonus structure. 40 hour week cap ensures you have a good work life balance. Leadership is competent and listens to feedback.

Cons

Job is challenging and if you don't work hard from day one you aren't going to make it. Fortunately you'll have all the tools you need to succeed.