Royalty Ambulance Reviews

4.4
  1. "Great place to work"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in Glendale, CA

I worked at Royalty Ambulance part-time for less than a year

Pros

The company is willing to work around your school schedule! Part-time options are available! Gabe, the dispatcher who also oversees scheduling, is AMAZING! If you need to pick up extra shifts due to tight financial situations, there’s many opportunities to do so! The diverse age group and cultural background of all employees means that everyone can learn something from each other. All staff are approachable, friendly, and hard-working! Many are planning to go into fire, nursing, or allied health schools. It’s so important to surround yourself with inspirational people!

Cons

During probation, you may be asked to work during Thanksgiving or Christmas. Please understand that those with seniority also did the same during their probation.

2. "Misleading Glassdoor reviews"

• Diversity & Inclusion
    Former Employee - EMT-B

I worked at Royalty Ambulance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good stepping stone, decent coworkers, interesting calls. Not too many dialysis calls.

Cons

Partner changes every shift, unprofessional trainers, your schedule changes frequently and last minute

3. "Good atmosphere"

Current Employee - EMT-B

I have been working at Royalty Ambulance part-time

Pros

Great staff Good co workers Overall chill job

Cons

Getting a lunch break too early

4. "EMT"

Former Employee - Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Royalty Ambulance part-time

Pros

the people were great and scheduling was nice

Cons

The hours were long but thats typical of any job

5. "Work Hard Low Pay"

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Royalty Ambulance full-time for less than a year

Pros

You actually can get good experience as an EMT for an IFT company.

Cons

Rarely finish work by end of shift. The ambulances are in very bad shape. PCRs are way too detailed.

Continue reading
  6. "Great in the beginning, so-so with changes"

Current Employee - EMT-Basic in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Royalty Ambulance full-time

Pros

- Memorable co-workers and dispatchers - Understanding management - Flexible hours - Newly remodeled station

Cons

- Frustrating changes that could be mitigated by emphasizing prevention from CEO and management to EMTs and EMT-P - Orientation training is misleading thanks to differing narrative requirements with sister company - Running consecutive calls (2 or 3 in a row) with no time in between due to unrealistic arrival times

Continue reading
  7. "Excellent company to get started in health care."

Current Employee - Emergency Medical Technician in Glendale, CA

I have been working at Royalty Ambulance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Being an EMT for most isn’t a forever job. At Royalty you see every aspect of health care in Los Angeles first hand and get to work with the best people. Super easy to get face time and talk with the boss. Training is paid and training officers are incredible with helping brand new EMTs transition from students to workers. Hiring process was efficient and straightforward. Work days go by quick

Cons

Difficult parking on weekdays with street cleaning. Patients come in all shapes, sizes, temperaments, and conditions, but this is a medical position and you know that signing up.

8. "I Miss this Company"

Former Employee - EMT in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Royalty Ambulance full-time for less than a year

Pros

i worked here for 5 months before i had to leave for personal reasons, i wish i could go back. My FTO's were on point with my training it was not easy but they really helped me. in the short time i was there we did lots of training sessions they really want you to succeed and do well. management was always available, and HR was pretty cool they accommodated my schedule if i needed it. the dispatchers were cool. i got to work a few shifts with some medics they were really cool. they always did stuff for staff, as long as you work hard they really do reward their employees. we had BBQs and taco stands for all staff. i really appreciated them noticing the hard work.

Cons

No E-PCRs but they are going to soon. long hours (normal ems thing) parking sucks

Continue reading
  9. "Overall average experience"

Former Employee - EMT-B

I worked at Royalty Ambulance full-time

Pros

management is nice and understanding

Cons

holding wall for long periods of time

10. "A hard working family."

Former Employee - Personnel Resource Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Royalty Ambulance full-time for more than a year

Pros

I met so many amazing people during my two years here. The work was hard, the hours were long, but I still miss working there, I moved across the country or I wouldn't have left. Sean is an exceptional boss and person to learn from, and even when there was stress (WHICH THERE WAS . . I mean, its an ambulance company) I had fun at work.

Cons

I think it depends on what you go in expecting. You will not get rich in this industry at any company.

Royalty Ambulance Response

July 9, 2019General Manager

Thank you so much for your hard work and dedication while at Royalty, and the excellent review! We have added a coffee maker and Keurig machine to our stations based on your suggestion. Please feel free to come back and say hi if you're back in the area!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 English Reviews