Rubenstein Public Relations Reviews

Updated Sep 17, 2020

3.1
Rubenstein Public Relations President Richard Rubenstein
Richard Rubenstein
Pros
  • "I have been at RPR for more than five years(in 18 reviews)

• "Experienced group of publicists who love pitching media(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "I see many felt underappreciated at various times, complaints about Richard getting upset with junior staff, or how they' had a tough time at RPR(in 10 reviews)

• "so there is NO ONE to champion you or make the situation better(in 6 reviews)

1. COVID-19

"Fast-Paced Agency with Enormous Potential"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Colleagues share dedication to high impact media in a very professional environment despite unwarranted reputation of agency. The firm has some of the most gifted people I have ever worked with. Junior associates are trained like no other agency which has its unique approach and methods to pr. Love my job and landed at an institution dedicated towards my growth and potential. The team has also been very conscientious about Covid safety.

Cons

Few if any but i would prefer a greater selection of beverages.

Continue reading

"Commitment to Client and Practitioner Growth"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have had the unique opportunity to work with Rubenstein Public Relations as both a client and as a member of the firm’s staff. As a client, I always appreciated the creative campaign strategies, clearly defined objectives, and high expectations that were consistently delivered upon. My account greatly benefited from the hands-on involvement of Richard and the senior staff. I joined RPR a little over two years ago and truly respect that the same diligence, professionalism, and standard that I experienced as a client is equally applied across all accounts. The firm is dedicated to proven methodology and prioritizes client service and satisfaction. I am a 20+ year veteran and continue to professionally grow as a direct result of Richard’s open door leadership and generosity of time and input.

Cons

There are no notable cons.

3. "Great company and work environment"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant in New York, NY

Pros

-Great company and colleagues -Opportunity to grow and work on exciting projects -Good training and senior level staff providing guidance -Work/life balance

Cons

-Can be fast paced at times

4. "Great Place to Start Your Career"

Current Employee - Administrative Assistant

Pros

-I work directly under Richard Rubenstein and he has aided in my professional development immensely. If you are looking for a place to better yourself as a publicist (or even just as person in the professional world), RPR is a great place to be. Richard is an expert in the field and is willing train people who work hard and show an openness to learning. -The team is really great. Everybody is friendly and always willing to help you if you need it. -The office is beautiful. There is art everywhere and lots of natural light.

Cons

Depending on your position, the hours can be long.

Continue reading

"Different than the rest, good steppingstone"

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time

Pros

- lots of client exposure - more responsibility than other agencies - company events (halloween parade) - small teams - great talent amongst employees

Cons

- president can be intense and unpredictable, can humiliate you and put you down publicly - co-workers often leave very quickly - clients are passed around to multiple employees - unstable foundation - misogynist who works for media department and hits on women in office - long monthly internal meetings - redundant internal weekly reports

Continue reading

"SAVE YOURSELF - NOT WORTH THE ABUSE"

1.0
    Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

There are NO Pros to this company.

Cons

I once read a review that stated "if you have any decency and aren't facing homelessness - working for this company is not worth your time or the monetary benefits." CEO worked vigorously to have all negative reviews deleted (and probably still does). Please consider this as a LAST OPTION. Literally anything would be better than working here with the abuse from the CEO. Since he is the owner of this private company, he bullies everyone (EVEN HR!!!!!) so there is NO ONE to champion you or make the situation better. As long as he is there, the verbal abuse will continue and the toxic environment will remain. Trust me, you CAN DO BETTER than working at this company. It is 2020 - NO ONE should have to go through the abuse of CEO just so they can maintain an income to support themselves. It is barbaric. Additionally, there is no avoiding the CEO. All levels get the abuse. Please do not take this lightly. I would give this place 0 stars if I could and would rather be jobless than to ever work here again.

Continue reading

"Fantastic Agency and Team"

Current Employee - Vice President

Pros

First I would like to start off saying ‘I Love Working with Richard’ there is no question that Richard is a PR legend and there is a lot to learn from just being around him. You will get to work directly with Richard and gain extremely valuable experience working with big brands, governments and non for profits shaping client conversation and strategy. With that being said, this place is not your average PR agency where you’re filling quotes and pushing out pitches that have little to no thought process or chance of conversion you will need to get over your fears and turn into a rock star. The team is amazing and there is a lot to gain and the salaries are VERY competitive, everyone values teamwork and the roster allows us to be creative in how we work with clients and pitch media. As someone who's worked in both boutique and corporate agency environments for over a decade, I can attest that Rubenstein PR is an agency that actually practices what it preaches and values real results and hard work.

Cons

I see many felt underappreciated at various times, complaints about Richard getting upset with junior staff, or how they' had a tough time at RPR. The truth is that this company greatly values employees that can handle, produce and come with experience and good attitude, sure there may be moments where things get tense but the environment is overall extremely positive. Perhaps bring back Yoga in the office.

8. "Great place to work and learn"

4.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Account Executive in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Given a variety of responsibilities, opportunities to work on interesting clients and be a part of meetings, and learn a lot about the agency's methodology and the PR industry in general. Very friendly staff, senior practitioners willing to mentor.

Cons

Administrative work, but I guess that comes with the territory of an entry-level position.

"Great place for those who want to work hard and propel their career"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have been at RPR for more than five years. And I’m not alone. There are many senior practitioners that have been with the agency more than 5, 10 and even 20 years. During my tenure with the agency I continue to grow as a practitioner and advanced my career. Many of the reviews on here are over embellished. What they don’t mention is that Richard praises staff and recognizes good work for those that push hard and get results. Rubenstein PR is a great place for practitioners who want to work in a fast paced results driven environment and build a career.

Cons

Like most agencies, the workload can be heavy at times but there are highs and lows depending on projects, time of year, etc.

"Ruuuuuuuun"

1.0

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations

Pros

No pros, nothing good happened there

Cons

The owner of this company is a horrible, horrible man. He’ll humiliate you, scream at you with no reason.The clients are unhappy and he doesn’t care, he cares only the fee they have to pay.The clients and employees turn over is very very high. Every day they interview people because everyday someone is living after 2-3 months there. As I saw in other reviews someone called the CEO bipolar but I think was to nice to call him like that, he is a monster.

Found 89 reviews