Rubenstein Public Relations Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 77 reviews

2.8
Rubenstein Public Relations CEO Richard Rubenstein
Richard Rubenstein

"RUBENSTEIN PUBLIC RELATIONS IS FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO UP THEIR PR GAME"

Current Employee - Senior Vice Present in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

If you are passionate about media relations, a talented placer, self-motivated, and dedicated to providing excellent client service, Rubenstein Public Relations is a great fit for you. I have known Richard Rubenstein for 25 years and have worked at Rubenstein Public Relations a total of 17 years between three tenures. I have had a number of managers at some top global PR agencies over the years, and I have to... say Richard Rubenstein is the smartest, most strategic and the most talented PR practitioner/ leader with whom I have ever worked. He’s not afraid of hard work, nor should you be. Richard is not a delegator. He’s in the trenches with his teams every day and is intricately involved in all campaigns. He doesn’t counsel you to take the easy way out of a bind. He will send you knee-deep into it – but you’ll come out on the other side of the situation stronger and with valuable experience. You will learn to raise your own bar in terms of results. If you follow the path, you’ll improve your ability to secure significant media coverage for your clients. Richard is in it with you. Let him in and trust him. I did and he made me better at the craft than I was before I met him. I credit him for much of the successes I’ve had at this agency (and other firms too). In an age of integrated marketing, digital, mobile and every kind of campaign you can imagine, there is a still place for someone who can place the big profile feature in a tier-one newspaper or magazine – and secure that national television segment for your client. Trust me, in any agency having killer media skills is highly valued. For that skill, RPR is the best in the business.

Cons

Public Relations is not an easy profession. For those who get the adrenaline rush when they score a significant feature for a client, the stress is worth it. Like any firm, Rubenstein Public Relations comes with inherent pressure to bring your “A Game” every day to client service. There is no job in our industry that’s easy and without stress. (and if you have no stress in your PR job you may be doing something... wrong.. just saying).

Advice to Management

Company gatherings - big or small scale - are significantly valuable to the staff.

Rubenstein Public Relations2018-06-11
  2. "Intern"

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations

Pros

Great working environment and internship program, excellent location

Cons

Not a tough commute, minutes away from the subway station

Rubenstein Public Relations2018-02-15

"Cant wait to see where 2018 takes this company"

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time

Pros

Rubenstein PR is a special place. From the most amazing team of talented publicists and account mangers to the location and modern office space, the company fosters a team oriented environment where you will end up building relationships for life.

Cons

no cons, fair place to work

Rubenstein Public Relations2018-01-17
  4. "Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for less than a year

Pros

Amazing collaborative people, strong guidance from the top as needed, ample resources.

Cons

Slow hiring process, juggling multiple clients can be tough.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing it's a strong family. While the work and placement is key celebrate the winners more often.

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-11-28
  5. "Good Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

The staff are great and the benefits are outstanding. The hours can be tough at times but the pay makes me do it with a smile!

Cons

Hard to share cons I have been working here for a short period of time

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-09-08
  6. "Best agency in New York"

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time

Pros

RPR is the ideal workplace, it sustains the energy and drive of a start-up while being in business for years. The agency is different from most PR agency's in ways of execution, partnership and client base. As a company, I think we authentically represent what it means to be the best at what we do and deliver the best for our clients, always have our consumers' best interests in mind in terms of how we have... grown and evolved. RPR's culture is extremely professional and inclusive not your typically catty agency vibe. Everyone has a seat at the table and all ideas, suggestions and opinions are taken seriously. Office is high-energy, highly driven and we know how to have fun while working hard, Richard has been very thoughtful about creating a culture that encourages everyone to maximize their experiences, and never get complacent.

Cons

Would love to see the group events come back. While growing and expanding staff focus on building a culture for the long run where people feel like family and spend social time together.

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-09-01

"Opportunity of a Lifetime"

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time

Pros

Honestly, the former employees who have ever written any sort of negative reviews in the past are the employees who weren't cut out to make it here for one reason or another and take their frustration to succeed here out on the most obvious target-Richard. In a city like New York and an industry like pr, there is no doubt this is one of the most competitive fields and competitive agencies to work for in the... business. There are many of us who have been here for years, even decades, who put in the hard work, time and energy to pay attention, learn Richard's methodologies in pr, learn how to approach a client, various forms of media, and garner feature coverage in national pubs, service our clients efficiently, and succeed here. You have to have thick skin to work in this industry, and quite frankly, those with any bit of negative reviews take things far too literally. If you want the opportunity to challenge yourself daily, work directly with and learn directly from one of the most talented, respected, experienced CEO's and innovative minds in the industry, this is the place to do so. Some succeed here and some don't, but working here will separate those who wish they could from those who really can. This is one of the few agencies in the city and the country for that matter where you have the opportunity to work with top, global clients, CEO's and Fortune 500 companies and have the chance to learn from the ground-up the art of pr and build a network, relationships and a career you are proud of. Those who actually know Richard respect and appreciate him, and cherish all they can learn from him and the depth of his kindness, generosity, intellect and character. I wouldn't trade for the world the work and life experience I've gained by working here. Especially compared to other agencies in the city, the hours you're ACTUALLY expected to put in, flexibility in the work day and ability to come up with an idea or process for the company or client(s) and be able to implement them here are unlike any other. Some of our clients are very corporate, however the environment here is relaxed and fun, and you never get lost in the shuffle of big, hierarchical, dinosaur-like agencies. We are publicists here and in addition to strategy, we actually pitch. Very entrepreneurial, approachable, creative culture and the people here are the most talented and smartest in the industry- not to mention genuinely good people at heart.

Cons

In one way or another we are all our own managers and put a lot of pressure on ourselves to produce the work we do. Would be nice to continue to have more events on a regular basis, where some of my favorite memories while working here have been made.

Advice to Management

We appreciate when you continue to nurture the growth of our careers no matter how experienced or inexperienced, young or old we are. And keep planning fun social events please.

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-08-08

"Vice President"

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great benefits, Great people and flexible working hours and good work gets rewarded. This job has given me an opportunity to meet and work on projects that are way beyond your typical PR gig.

Cons

Some loge days but always compensated well.

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-07-27

"Good people, great agency to work at"

Former Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I worked at Rubenstein Public Relations full-time for more than a year

Pros

People, location, clients, plenty of chances to learn new skills and develop current skill set.

Cons

HR can be handled better, it seems like a step in the right direction was taken.

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-03-21

Rubenstein Public Relations Response

April 4, 2017Director, Human Resources

Thank you, we appreciate your feedback!

"A great company and super talented team!"

in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein Public Relations for less than a year

Pros

I have gained a lot of knowledge working here and this job has prepared me to be a publicist and achieve real results for clients. The senior account executives are amazing they work closely with new hires and teach them the ropes, some of these people are really accomplished and there is a lot to learn from. Overall great positive environment that's welcoming and happy to lend a hand. Pay and benefits are great as... well.

Cons

You must be ready to rock in this place or you will be overshadowed by all the talent. The PR industry is evolving to the digital age so you cant get too comfortable and sit back and relax.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire the best and brightest people who fit the culture and contribute to the team.

Rubenstein Public Relations2017-02-02

Rubenstein Public Relations Response

February 3, 2017Director, Human Resources

We appreciate your kind words and are excited that you have gained some new skills and experience with us. A great employee experience means a great deal to us and appreciate your advice!

Found 77 reviews