Rubenstein Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2019

Found 81 reviews

4.2
Steven Rubenstein
Pros
  • "It's a great place to work and everyone has been very friendly(in 9 reviews)

• "Great work atmosphere and work/life balance(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "No room for promotion or growth; assistants (account coordinators, floaters, associate account executives) are treated like cattle(in 8 reviews)

• "At the entry level, the pay is pretty appalling(in 6 reviews)

1. "Project Coordinator Feedback"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful office with a very friendly staff. Great work atmosphere and work/life balance. Impressive client list.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Rubenstein2019-01-14

January 17, 2019Vice President

Thank you for leaving a review! We are happy to read that your early experiences with Rubenstein have been positive.

2. "Build a career here"

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working at Rubenstein has been a wonderful experience the past few years. I have learned so much, starting at the AC level and now having multiple client accounts that I manage with other great minds here. The people are nurturing, supportive, collaborative and kind here, which is so rare in this tough industry. It also helps that the firm really promotes a great work/life balance.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Rubenstein2018-11-26

December 20, 2018Vice President

We are glad to read that your 3+ years with Rubenstein have yielded so many great experiences and successes for you! Thank you for taking the time to leave a review.

3. "Great place to learn and grow"

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time

Pros

Supportive, collaborative environment for professional development. The firm is a great place to learn and grow from smart and experienced colleagues. There is opportunity to expand skill set and grow in your career if you are motivated to do so.

Cons

Agency environment so workload can be demanding

Rubenstein2018-11-21

November 26, 2018Vice President

Thank you for leaving a review! We're pleased to see that you're benefiting from the encouraging and cooperative culture at the firm.

4. "Coordinator"

Former Employee - Coordinator in New York, NY

I worked at Rubenstein full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working with PR's greatest minds, collaborative environment, high-profile clients, ethical, creative, rewarding environment, hardworking employees and wonderful leadership.

Cons

The pay was a bit low as a coordinator, but average for the industry overall.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing.

Rubenstein2018-11-05

November 6, 2018Vice President

Thank you for your review! We are glad that you enjoyed your experiences with Rubenstein.

5. "Great foundation for a career"

Current Employee - Project Coordinator

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time for less than a year

Pros

The exposure to clients is brilliant, and you feel like you're really a part of something larger than yourself. Some departments are better than others, but on the whole everyone is nice and happy to help new people get situated. This is a true legacy firm. People at the VP level are knowledgeable and connected, and I've learned a lot from them since starting here.

Cons

Like most PR agencies, there's high turnover. Some people leave for a less traditional agency, but they'll say Rubenstein is a great place to start/further a career.

Rubenstein2018-10-24

October 26, 2018Vice President

Thank you for leaving us a review! We are pleased to read that you're gaining valuable experience with clients and knowledge from veteran staffers so early on in your tenure with Rubenstein.

6. "Best People, Demanding Workload"

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people at Rubenstein are not only the best in the business, but they are all amazing teammates. Everyone at the firm is willing to help out however possible, share their insights and help brainstorm ideas (regardless of their own workload). It is a very collaborative, willing-to-help environment.

Cons

A demanding workload is a consistent theme at Rubenstein. While work-life balance is decent, stress to always obtain expected Rubenstein-level results for clients is a much-felt pressure.

Advice to Management

It can feel like many clients are underpaying for their scope of work. As employees, it can be a challenge to not go above what the fees/scope would limit. As such, we often feel like we are working above and beyond what our "profitability" might suggest.

Rubenstein2018-10-26

December 20, 2018Vice President

Thank you so much for leaving a review! We're so pleased that you are loving your teammates and the collaborative environment. We appreciate your feedback on workload, too. Please connect with your supervisor or Managing Director to further discuss how you are servicing your clients. ...

"Great Experience!!"

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time

Pros

I’ve been with Rubenstein for several years. There’s a lot to be happy with – plenty of opportunity to work on a variety of interesting, challenging and sophisticated campaigns with intelligent and talented people, beautiful and sunny offices, work life balance (seriously), fascinating guest speakers that touch topics ranging from media to intelligence to diversity/inclusion,… the list goes on. It’s also impressive to...

Cons

Not really a con – I’d love to hear more about the exciting things my colleagues across the firm are working on more regularly than just at our full staff meetings. Maybe this is as simple as more case study presentations, so that we can really learn from each other outside of our groups.

Advice to Management

Keep up the forward momentum. It’s clear how the firm continues to make improvements across the board. It pleases me to see leadership taking strides towards creating opportunities for everyone, from entry level all the way up through the organization, by way of the coordinator redesign, management training, wellness programs, really interesting work and more. Thanks for listening to us.

Rubenstein2018-09-17

September 18, 2018Vice President

Thank you for the wonderful review! We're happy to read that your experience with Rubenstein over the years has been so fulfilling, and also that you see the strides the firm is taking to continue making improvements and creating opportunities for our employees. We'll take your advice ...

"Executive Assistant"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great team, tons of support and options for training, fabulous work environment, great benefits and work life balance, open for suggestions and awesome & consistent feedback protocols.

Cons

I have no cons for the company at this time.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing as this work dynamic is amazing and fulfilling!

Rubenstein2018-09-12

September 12, 2018Vice President

Thank you for leaving a review for Rubenstein! We are pleased to see that your early experiences with the firm are so positive, and that you are finding the work to be dynamic. We are always open to suggestions and feedback, and we look forward to hearing more from you over time.

"Great work-life balance"

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time

Pros

People take 9am-5pm seriously, great work life balance, beautiful office space!

Cons

None that I can think of

Rubenstein2018-09-10

September 12, 2018Vice President

Thank you very much for leaving a review! We're pleased to see that you are having a positive experience with Rubenstein.

"A great place to work"

I have been working at Rubenstein full-time

Pros

For me, I'm able to have a good work-life balance which is important to me. I enjoy the ability to get to know my projects/clients well before jumping into the next big tasks. The company's monthly breakfast is very good as well as the outings.

Cons

It's not really a bad thing, however, depending on where you are and where you're trying to go (careerwise ) is all up to you. The company does promote within as there are many people who started in my role but you have to take the initiative.

Rubenstein2018-09-14

September 17, 2018Vice President

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're pleased that you're finding excitement and value in the variety of projects and client accounts that you have been able to touch. Feel free to reach out to someone on the HR team if you'd like to talk about your career path or ...

Found 81 reviews