Rubicon Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Rubicon Reviews

Updated Oct 20, 2019

4.2
Rubicon CEO Nate Morris
Nate Morris
Pros
  • "Great benefits with innovative leaders that allow you to take an active role in helping to reshape the waste industry(in 18 reviews)

• "Fantastic office that cultivates a collegial work environment(in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • "Long hours, pay could be better(in 12 reviews)

• "Can be competitive and too fast-paced for certain people(in 8 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Mission-driven, passionate team"

Current Employee - Senior Manager

I have been working at Rubicon full-time for less than a year

Pros

I came to Rubicon because of its mission to end waste. This is a goal everyone stands behind. Whether working in sales or strategy, whether an expert or enthusiast, industry veteran or newbie - this positive mission is a huge motivator, bringing teams together. From a work perspective, the culture is fun and collaborative, the benefits competitive and the office environment relaxed but professional. I look forward... to growing with this company!

Cons

Some growing pains as expected for a company of this size and age - staffing, internal comms, collaborative tools. But clearly turning a new leaf.

Advice to Management

Keep hiring movers and shakers that aren't afraid to seek out the most strategic and creative solutions. Don't let performance KPIs discourage people from taking calculated risks and pushing beyond their comfort zone.

Rubicon2019-08-16
  2. "GREAT PLACE TO WORK..."

Former Employee - Recycling Logistics Coordinator in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Rubicon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working towards Ending Waste provides a sense of pride and the company works together to do their part.

Cons

For me, it was the traffic issues between home and work.

Rubicon2019-10-20

"All-male Leadership and High Turnover"

Current Employee - Customer Success Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rubicon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Rubicon provides great health benefits that are completely paid by the company.

Cons

Unfortunately, Rubicon does not have ANY female leadership which severely affects the culture of the company. There is a huge gap between employees and the executive leadership team. This is exacerbated when Rubicon hires temps and doesn't invest in full-time employees or provide any career growth opportunities.

Advice to Management

Rubicon should invest in full time employs and help them grow with the company!

Rubicon2019-10-07

October 10, 2019HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Rubicon is a mission driven company and we are proud to be a certified B-Corporation as well as named a Great Place to Work™ in 2018 and 2019. Contrary to your claims, Rubicon has over 20 female employees at the management level or above, including female members of the Executive Leadership Team and Board of Directors. In addition, we pride ourselves in our open door policy amongst our executives, and the significant lengths to which we go to support our employees. Should you wish to discuss these matters further, we would encourage you to reach out to a member of our Human Resources team directly.

"Pay"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Rubicon full-time

Pros

Great co workers and office environment. Great location .

Cons

Hours and very demanding .

Rubicon2019-09-09

"extremely toxic culture with precocious leadership"

Former Employee - Vendor Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Rubicon full-time for more than a year

Pros

-flexibility with work hours -exposure to numerous business segments and lines of operation -medical benfits

Cons

-the middle and upper management is in awful form these days with weekly instances of disrespect and poor taste -little to no trust is intact -the folks that put in the hours and grind to make the business successful are the ones who never rise to the top; there are examples of employees littered throughout the organization who have no business being in their manager roles -you are not compensated for the work... you ultimately are asked to take on

Advice to Management

If this organization is to have ANY opportunity to achieve success, over-sweeping changes to middle tier leadership must occur. Routinely are the wrong folks placed into these positions, who possess no people management skills and are incapable of leading by example. There is a blatant lack of respect for the common employee. Advice to anyone is to stay far, far away.

Rubicon2019-08-06

"Very unstable"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Rubicon full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lunch brought in a couple times a week.

Cons

Very unstable. Turnover is ridiculous. When you interview just keep asking how long each person has been there.

Rubicon2019-08-12

"Cool idea of company, but all talk - no real substance"

Former Employee - Something Made Up

I worked at Rubicon full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Entrepreneurial environment, everyone is thinking of how to improve the business and create their own. -Because it's a start up, changes happen quickly. -Neat concept, who doesn't want to improve waste management and create less waste by redirecting trash to recycling centers to help save our planet? -The technology can be great for large companies to ensure their trash/recycling goes where those trash... vendors say it will. -Great benefits and pay can be great depending on role. -Neat networking opportunities.

Cons

-Unfortunately, Rubicon is more of a glorified waste management broker. How can they take business away from the big dogs and give to the smaller/local waste management companies(which has its benefits too, like holding trash vendors more accountable)? -Job titles are made up to sound more impressive than they are - how many VPs or Directors can you actually have? -Hires a lot of people with great credentials to... utilize their network and drops many of them without giving them the ability to make an actual impact in the business. -Little to no direction on daily/monthly/year job functions -No KPIs for non sales employees to actually measure them on their performance -It's a male "good ol' boy" dominated company, therefore you have to kiss up to get ahead -Everyone is looking for their own next big networking break. Think Hollywood/LA/DC environment -Will promise a lot to both customers and employees, but deliver a little -If job security is what you want, don't count on this company

Rubicon2019-06-27

"Awesome Place to work"

Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Rubicon full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fast paced, purpose driven, good work life balance, great benefits and fair pay, great core company values, opportunities for long term success

Cons

Constant growth requires a lot of change, but can be a positive

Advice to Management

Keep up the positive impact you have on your employees

Rubicon2019-04-30

May 6, 2019HR Director

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback. Rubicon is a mission driven company and we are proud to be a certified B-Corporation as well as named a Great Place to Work™ in 2018 and 2019. We appreciate the hard work and dedication of our employees in our mission to end waste.

9. "Great place to Work!"

I have been working at Rubicon full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Benefits Fun Work Environment Opportunities for internal growth

Cons

Can be competitive and too fast-paced for certain people

Rubicon2019-05-07
  10. "To End Waste"

I have been working at Rubicon full-time

Pros

Working for a mission-driven company (B Corp), great colleagues, fantastic benefits, opportunities for learning and advancement.

Cons

Long hours - but it's worth it

Rubicon2019-04-30