KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Ruby

Is this your company?

Ruby

Add a Review

Ruby Employee Reviews about "great benefits"

Updated Jan 20, 2021

Found 13 of over 236 reviews

Ruby CEO Kate Winkler
Kate Winkler
Pros
  • "The leadership continues to develop and provide excellent examples for receptionists(in 20 reviews)

• "Consistent, good pay scale, great benefits, forward thinking company, inclusive(in 14 reviews)

• Cons
  • "You talk to frustrated callers many times a day(in 33 reviews)

• "As an example, when I started Ruby pushed hard to have their receptionists meet stats(in 32 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Ruby and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "great benefits"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jan 20, 2021 - Receptionist in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful office spaces, weekly snacks/ lunches, annual parties and great benefits.

Cons

Fast paced, back to back calls.

1 person found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Fantastic Culture

Nov 21, 2019 - Virtual Receptionist in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I adore working at Ruby for many reasons. -The culture here is great and I have never known another company that lives its values the way Ruby does. -The shifts are consistent and stable but there are a lot of great benefits that allow for enrichment as well as time off when needed. -I always feel that management listens to what I say and I see real change when concerns are brought up, even if it takes a bit. -Ruby allows us to be real people, if we are having a tough day I feel supported by my manager as well as my team mates.

Cons

Not gonna lie, this job is hard. Being on the phones for 8 hours taking call after call after call is exhausting demanding work. I have worked manual labor jobs most of my life and while that is hard, this is a different type of hard. Management has been doing their best to implement polices that try to help with burnout but its still going to happen.

6 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0

Great Career with Room to Grow

Jan 6, 2021 - Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Consistent, good pay scale, great benefits, forward thinking company, inclusive

Cons

Calls are sometimes hard, but with the right growth-mindset using the tools provided it's easy to succeed

Be the first to find this review helpful
    4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Reception ain't easy, but this is a good company!

Aug 11, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, responsive management, amazing community. Answering phones all day is exhausting, but Ruby does its best to make it easier and more fun!

Cons

Increasingly less area for on the job training and career advancement, company still has a "start up" feeling of people wearing a lot of hats, and has consistently changing policies and practices.

1 person found this review helpful
    5. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

What was once a great job is now a glorified call center.

Jun 13, 2019 - Receptionist
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, which they do seem to increase. Offers fitness classes. They throw great winter parties. The CEO really does seem to care about her employees. The communication about the state of the company is shared with all employees, not just management. Opportunity for growth, if you play your cards right.

Cons

I started out at this company in awe. For the first year, I thought this was the coolest company ever. The perks were great. The community was great. When I started it really felt like the company lived it's core values. But now it seems like it is all dying out and we're just becoming another overworked call center. The roll out of coaching calls doesn't seem all that effective. We get that we need to strive to be our best, but micromanaging will never prove to be productive. I agree with some of the other reviews on here. It is micromanaging. Sure, in our field, numbers are important, but this company is losing sight of the fact that their employees are more than just numbers. They used to have events, which made the employees feel appreciated. Now the summer party is seeming to just be an office party. I sure hope the same doesn't happen to the winter party.

8 people found this review helpful

Ruby Response

Director of Receptionist Services

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I would love the opportunity to talk more in person about your concerns, so please feel welcome to reach out to me, any of our Cultivator Coaches, or another member of Ruby leadership. I'm glad to hear that you appreciate Ruby's benefits, transparency, and opportunities for growth. We work hard to reward our employees and to trust them with details on the health of our company! We are constantly iterating on our performance coaching, to increase alignment across the organization. While coaching calls are new to Ruby, we have always monitored our service quality (previously through "plug-ins"), and doing so is an industry standard that is in place to ensure we're delivering the world-class service that our customers have come to know and love. #RubyLife is a culture of celebration, and that won't change! But as our company continues to grow and we add offices in new states, it's no longer sustainable to host multiple all-company blow-outs every year. Additionally, attendance at summer parties decreased steadily year after year, so we reallocated a portion of our summer party budget to the Winter Bash to make that even more epic! We still want to celebrate our Rubys though, so we opted to bring the party to each office this year to encourage Rubys to create community with coworkers from their own location. Thank you again for your honesty, and I hope we'll have a chance to connect one-on-one. Michelle Blankenship, Director of Receptionist Services

6. 4.0

Overall Great Job

May 29, 2020 - Virtual Receptionist in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, and overall great culture. I felt very secure in my job despite the COVID-19 situation and have been able to work from home during this time.

Cons

The job is hard, some of the coaches that have been there a while are notorious for picking favorites, and there isn’t a lot of opportunity to move up in the company. I know other receptionists with college degrees that always apply for jobs at headquarters and have not been promoted.

Be the first to find this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hit or miss, it depends on you.

Nov 22, 2019 - Receptionist in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great. The insurance options are nice, they have a match for the 401k, and they offer in house work out classes. It was a great atmosphere and I never had any issues with coworkers myself.

Cons

It is mentally draining work. You can dress it up any way you like, but it is call center work. You have to be prepared to be answering call after call and never really knowing how they will affect you. If you do t have the right mental fortitude, no benefits can save you from burn out.

3 people found this review helpful
    8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Best call center I've worked at

Sep 27, 2019 - Recepionst
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Great benefits, ok pay. You get 2 raises a year. -management cares -better environment than other call centers (I worked at 3 before this one) -you get to send gifts to the customers. They love that!

Cons

There's been a ton of change in the last 2 years (how calls are scored, what is the PTO policy). They are not always communicated. You only have so much time to read emails between calls.

3 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Love it!!

Nov 26, 2019 - Software Engineer in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits are great, the people are super friendly everywhere in the company, the management is always trying to improve things and make sure you're having the best environment! The fashion Fridays are fun and the employee events are so we'll planned and thought out, love being at Ruby!!

Cons

I can't think of any

2 people found this review helpful
    10. 3.0
      Current Employee

It's a glorified call center.

Oct 1, 2017 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

Every Monday they give you free snacks. The health benefits are great. If you have worked there for over 5 years you get 5 weeks paid vacation plus $1000. You have the opportunity to be "trimmed" when they have too many receptionists on the floor. Every Friday they encourage everyone to dress up for different themes and request time off phones. Two times a year they have parties and last Friday of the month they do Happy Hour.

Cons

PTO is awful. You can be "blue boxed" (basically a warning before getting fired) for not fitting in. You have to meet call stats while being as accurate as possible or you'll be let go. The cultivators (managers) are super fake and have no experience being managers. They favor their certain people on their team and give them awards while not recognizing people who work really hard. The whole company is fake. Everyone talks about everyone and unless you are friends with the "popular" kids forget about getting raises or promotions. Most receptionists have to apply for upper management positions at least 3 times before even being considered for roles. The front desk (office managers) talk crap about the receptionists and gossip while complaining they have to work. The only reason they are in their position is because they are in the popular group. Forget about talking to HR. HR spreads all your information and "confidentially" to everyone that they know. Receptionists are at the bottom of the totem pole. Upper management will not speak to you unless you need help with a call. Upper management will have outside parties and will not invite receptionists because "it will ruin their reputation". It's just a glorified call center.

13 people found this review helpful

Ruby Response

Director of Employee Engagement

Thank you for your feedback. As a company, we are committed to promoting people from within as much as possible when the business needs and employee skills are aligned. We are actively working to strengthen our infrastructure and training programs to support and grow our new managers so they can best serve their teams. Gossip and favoritism are not aligned with our core values and we take this seriously. Please reach out to leadership or to me directly, Marcella Vail, Director of Employee Engagement marcellavail@callruby.com, to further discuss your concerns.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 13 Reviews