KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Rue Gilt Groupe CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rue Gilt Groupe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year
    Featured Review

Great place to work out of college

Jan 11, 2022 - E-Commerce Visual Merchandiser in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work environment and atmosphere. Highly recommend working here

Cons

I don't have any cons besides I recommend commuting in to work and taking the shuttle from south station to the building

Rue Gilt Groupe Response

We love to hear that you're having a great experience at RGG and that you'd highly recommend working here. We're grateful to have you on our team! ~Lisa Rhodes, President & Chief Merchandising Officer

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great job

May 9, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Pflugerville, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have worked here for almost a year and have enjoyed every minute

Cons

Benefits could be a lot better

3. 1.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Extremely unprofessional

Jun 27, 2022 - Assistant Buyer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great to have a company based in Boston for people who love fashion

Cons

Should’ve known that RGG lacked morality and awareness. Upon hiring, the senior recruiter lied to me about contacting me for the initial interview. I had to fight tooth and nail for another invitation. And that was the first suspicious activity, from there it was elitism and prejudices. This company is dishonest.

4. 2.0

Yikes

May 27, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a great place to start my career, since it is a smaller company you are exposed to a lot and can get involved in things pretty quickly. The benefits aren't bad but this was my first job out of college so I don't have much to compare it to. Send cute "surprise & delights" occasionally.

Cons

The first thing you should know about RGG is that everyone there is either a lifer or lasts a little over a year. As a result, the turnover is truly INSANE. For example, more than 50% of the planning team had been hired within the last year. Which is a red flag in itself. The tech is so insanely outdated, the majority of the processes are extremely manual and this naturally leads to a ton of human error. People are overworked and are consistently handed more responsibilities above their pay grade without the option of saying no or even a raise/promotion to go along with it. I have experienced and heard many stories of people having to threaten to leave the company to get a promotion after years of being at the company. The pay is terrible - the cost of living raises even more so. The annual company survey is abysmal every year, and they put it back on the employees to figure out how to fix it. HR is borderline a joke, it's common knowledge within the company that they have the highest turnover out of all the departments within the company. They also are the biggest gossip's and have violated employee confidentiality numerous times. Management can either be your best friend or be borderline abusive. They make opinions about you and your abilities off of what seems like to be the first few weeks on the job and you are branded with that for your entire tenure, regardless of how much effort is put in trying to prove otherwise. My advice - never make a mistake here. At the very least be very good at being able to fix it. It can be debilitating to your growth regardless of how big or small. VPs and higher ups are so removed from the day-to-day that they have no idea what is actually going on most of the time. This leads to so many issues from conflicting statements about what metric is most important that week, to what processes need to be improved, what the site should look like, or what events we should be running. They make so many decisions that have severe trickle-down effects, without even knowing or really caring what that means for everyone beneath them. So many things change at the very last second for nothing other than their own anxiety. they get nervous about one data point and change an entire day of sales to try to "fix the issue" which only ends up creating more that the rest of the teams have to figure out. Work-life balance? never heard of it. I worked till 10 pm at least once a week, just trying to get my job done. Since everything has such rigid deadlines due to the nature of the business, there was no shifting things out to next week or even tomorrow. Everybody else is also in the same position so they usually won't offer up any help, not that they would anyway. Even though they are just as busy as you are some still manage to find the time to tell you how you are the issue. I tried to explain regularly throughout my time there that an entire department of the company shouldn't be solely resting on two people. This caused so many issues, going on vacation and long holidays became so stressful to me that I literally would opt out of taking full weeks off due to the sheer amount of work that meant I would have to do the week before. Q4 is just as bad, with higher stakes/expectations but no time in the day to accomplish even a fraction of them. If you ever get hired as a contractor, absolutely do not expect to get hired full-time for at least a year. They are notorious for stringing along contractors until they are legally required to either let them go or hire them on. Meanwhile, the contractor is placed on a month-to-month contract with almost no real guarantee that there is an end in sight at all. At the end of the day, my personal opinion is you have to have some pretty thick skin to last here. But at the same time why would you even want to last?

5 people found this review helpful
  5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

You have been warned

May 2, 2022 - Assistant Buyer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing unless you consider no work life balance a pro and like to feel like your apart of a high school clique with cooperate bullies.

Cons

HR ignoring people’s complaints about the way management can act towards employees. The level of disrespect at this place is an actual joke. I warn everyone on this platform please don’t work here. There is no growth for yourself at this company. So many other places to work were you are respected and have the potential to grow as an employee. Look at the final pages of reviews everything is pushed due to HR making up this places reviews to scramble to fill these roles that are constantly open due to such high turn over

6. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

not good place to work

Jun 22, 2022 - Supervisor in Louisville, KY
    Business Outlook

Pros

good advancement , but fast paced

Cons

values of job is bad

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

The most toxic workplace I’ve ever experienced

Jan 8, 2022 - Programmer Analyst
    Business Outlook

Pros

Mediocre benefits: -medical and 401k matching is industry standard -they have a flexible PTO policy that they police harder than BLM riots

Cons

HR is a dumpster fire who is unable to support team member with actual issues, because they are so busy constantly dealing with turnover. Teams are given opposing goals, which makes for a cut-throat working environment. -the executive team is so concerned with how much they can put into their pockets that they severely underpay all employees -so many people are pushed out under uncertain circumstances, that they have a full staff of lawyers (RED FLAG ALERT) -RGG values are “ innovation, passion, collaboration, tenacity, decisiveness, and kindness.” None of those are actually lived. The place is a black hole for miserable people. If you actually care about your career, STAY AWAY! Reach out to any former employee on LinkedIn and I’m sure they will openly give you the same response. To current employees: GET OUT! There is so much opportunity when you get out of this abusive relationship with Rue Gilt, I promise!!!

17 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company Culture

Apr 13, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The company has the best inclusive and supportive culture I have experienced in my career. The team has been extremely welcoming and I am amazed at how many opportunities there are for future career growth. The time and energy they put into their employees to recognize all, no matter your race, religion, etc. They put a lot of thought and effort into celebrating their employee's individuality. The leadership team is very approachable and accessible. I look forward to going to work everyday!

Cons

I have not seen any cons.

9. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Prudent financially, not too much room for growth

May 14, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The management runs the company financials very prudently Continues to adopt tech industry culture even though the company has a lot of traditional retail folks all around If you want, you can find the perfect work life balance, at least in tech

Cons

Culture gap between tech and other business departments is really big & makes it hard to work together sometimes The company's not growing with much speed.. not a ton of room for professional / career growth for a lot of people in the middle manager position Not too great at supporting innovative ideas

10. 5.0

Great Work/Life Balance

Apr 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Loved my time at RGG. Amazing work/life balance, great benefits & perks, incredibly friendly people who genuinely care about you and your career.

Cons

Not many! Sometimes difficult to move up

Viewing 1 - 10 of 610 Reviews

Rue Gilt Groupe Reviews FAQs

Rue Gilt Groupe has an overall rating of 3.3 out of 5, based on over 689 reviews left anonymously by employees. 59% of employees would recommend working at Rue Gilt Groupe to a friend and 55% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Rue Gilt Groupe employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Rue Gilt Groupe. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

59% of Rue Gilt Groupe employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Rue Gilt Groupe 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Rue Gilt Groupe to be career development, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be senior leadership, culture, management.

Popular Careers with Rue Gilt Groupe Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Rue Gilt Groupe? Share Your Experiences

Rue Gilt Groupe Careers

Cover image for Rue Gilt Groupe

Hear about Rue Gilt Groupe - what we do, how we're growing, and who we are - the people and culture behind the brand!More

• RGG Gives Back
  • Diversity

Company Updates

113 days ago

Company News
This week, VentureFizz featured Nicole Hildenbiddle, VP, User Experience, as part of its Lead(H)er Series, which spotlights impressive women leaders in the tech industry. At RGG, Nicole focuses on connecting with customers through user-centered design and research. That means if you’ve shopped on Rue La La or Gilt, you’ve already seen her impactful and innovative work first-hand! Check out her Lead(H)er profile where she shares more about her background, career journey and advice for other professionals in the tech space.
Shared image - Lead(H)er Profile - Nicole Hildenbiddle, VP, User Experience at Rue Gilt Groupe
Lead(H)er Profile - Nicole Hildenbiddle, VP, User Experience at Rue Gilt Groupe
venturefizz.com

115 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
Happy International Women's Day! The theme of International Women’s Day 2022 is #BreakTheBias. This year’s theme challenges us to break the bias by working toward a more gender equal world - one that is diverse, equitable, and inclusive, where difference is valued and celebrated. In celebration of International Women’s Day today, RGG brought together 9 of our remarkable women leaders to lead virtual group conversations about how we can collectively break the bias at work, at home, and in our communities. Many of the 100 attendees wore purple, the official color of International Women’s Day, and one of RGG’s incredible women leaders, Nicole Zussman, Chief People Officer, moderated the #empowering event. Read a quote from Nicole today's inspiring event and view a photo from 2020 of our last in-person International Women's Day event!
Shared image

Rue Gilt Groupe Photos

+ Add Photo
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: 2015 Values Award Winners representing Rue's Core Values
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Human Resources - here to help!
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Our Kentucky Distribution Center
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Clean, organized + comfortable home office setup?✔️ #lifeatrgg
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: #MondayMotivation featuring Wilfried in Technology!
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Happy Fruit Friday 🍍
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: All of our photo shoots are done in-house in our Boston and Kentucky offices!