Rue Gilt Groupe Reviews | Glassdoor

Mark McWeeny
  1. Featured Review

"Great place to work"

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

People, culture, promote from within

Cons

Nothing in particular to add to cons

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-07-16
  2. "Good not great place to start"

Former Employee - Event Coordinator

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

Unlimited PTO days are included

Cons

Long hours are required to succeed

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-10-14
  3. "Good environment"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe part-time for more than a year

Pros

Fully stocked kitchen, fun ppl

Cons

Sucks they closed our dept down but not much con

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-10-10

"Poor Communication. Little Transparency. Big Disconnect. Strange Atmosphere"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Some weekly food perks...nothing that I would write home about.

Cons

Too many to list....Lack of Integrity

Advice to Management

Stop acting like a startup

5. "Amazing"

Former Employee - Picker/Packer in Brooks, KY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy laid back friendly management

Cons

None for them basically I don't have any in kind

Advice to Management

None

"A Sinking Ship"

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible time off. A lot of great people on the creative team.

Cons

Disorganized Poor leadership Low morale LAUGHABLE salary Burn out

Advice to Management

I’ve worked here almost five years, and I can’t get out fast enough. Since the Gilt acquisition, I feel that the culture has shifted to a toxic one. I love a lot of the people on my team, but leadership is tragic— I feel as though they’re completely turning the other cheek to the fact that a lot of us are absolutely miserable. I cry nearly once a week because I do not make a living wage for the Boston area, I... literally live paycheck to paycheck while people with my title at other companies make 20K more. HR has said for years they’d “look into it” re: salary comp but nothing ever comes of it, so I’ve decided to actively begin my job search. Long story short, I’m embarrassed to tell people I work here because while a lot of people my age are managers and making decent money, I have hardly any growth opportunity and poor pay.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-21

"Don’t ignore the reviews!"

Former Employee - Analyst

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time

Pros

Flexible time off

Cons

Everything, please listen to the other reviews. It is not worth taking a job here to get out of another job - that’s what I did and I was miserable for years. The place is run so poorly. The high level management does not care about the employees holding the company on their back. To them you are indispensable. You will work tirelessly for a company that is not willing and not in a place to make the changes they... need to make in order to be successful. The compensation is LAUGHABLE and you will work for almost nothing (don’t rely on raises as you will not receive much of one)

Advice to Management

Reevaluate EVERYTHING and treat your employees as people instead of looking at them like numbers. DO NOT WORK HERE

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-12

September 23, 2019HR Business Partner

I'm sorry to hear this was your experience at RGG. Please know that we take pride in our culture and associate experience, and your comments are surprising to us. We'd love to chat further about your experience if you are interested, please feel free to reach out to me to discuss. -Liz Walker, HRBP

"Service needs a lot of work"

Former Employee - Personal Stylist

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe part-time for less than a year

Pros

Was able to work from home which is a plus if you are a self starter. Management did a great job at making us feel like a team even though we worked remotely. Coworkers are really nice and always willing to help.

Cons

The turnover rate is pretty high. The top stylists are treated differently than the rest of the pack (get more top tier clients etc). A system that keeps top stylists at the top and the rest of the stylists scrambling to try and make things work with the clients they have. There are a lot of issues with the way this service is structured (some are pretty obvious). Firing people every other month won’t fix it.

Advice to Management

Stop using stylists as scapegoats and focus on implementing changes to the service that may actually give it a fighting chance at longevity.

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-11
  9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Receiving in Shepherdsville, KY

I worked at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy work for a factory, pay was decent, a lot of opportunities to advance in company, lunch was provided once or twice a month.

Cons

i couldn’t say there are any

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-09-04

September 23, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for your feedback, we are glad to hear about your positive experience! -Liz Walker

"Failing Leadership"

Current Employee - Analyst

I have been working at Rue Gilt Groupe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

RGG has recently added flexible time off - but are still stingy about this. Yes -we get "unlimited" days off - but don't go over 15 days or else you will be on the chopping block!

Cons

Low pay, horrible middle management - and even worse leadership team.

Advice to Management

The business has not been able to course-correct through the Gilt acquisition - yet leadership seems unconcerned. Much of middle-management has been laid off this year, and our leaders have remained silent. If you are the CEO going through an acquisition - communicate with your people. Much of the company is searching for a way out before it is too late, as we all see the writing on the wall - a failing business.... Our CFO has a one-track mind and forces change and directs workflow blindly, not actually understanding how a minor change has a mighty ripple effect through the company. Our CEO seems entirely checked-out, I actually don't even remember the last time he was in the office. Even when he is in the office he is unapproachable. The HR team doesn't seem to understand the purpose of their jobs: when asked why leadership hasn't stepped up as leaders this year- HR's response was that "they haven't said anything because there is nothing to say." Let me key you in on a little secret: a good leader should always have something to say. This company is driving itself directly off of a bridge with no guard rails! Advice to management: listen to your people - stop ignoring us!

Rue Gilt Groupe2019-08-30

September 5, 2019HR Business Partner

Thank you for your direct feedback. I am taking your advice and would love to speak with you directly in order to be able to address your concerns and hopefully improve your experience. Please reach out so that we can meet. -Nicole Zussman

Found 484 reviews