KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Rue Gilt Groupe Employee Reviews about "fast paced"

Updated Oct 21, 2021

Found 10 of over 706 reviews

Rue Gilt Groupe CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rue Gilt Groupe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "fast paced"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0

Intern

Nov 18, 2015 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, extremely intelligent management and senior managers, relaxed but challenging work environment, fast paced. My boss really invested in my personal growth there and answered all questions I had.

Cons

None really come to mind

2. 4.0

Great company

Jul 9, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

awesome culture, innovative, fun, fast paced

Cons

I cant think of many

3. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great place to work

Mar 7, 2022 - Associate Buyer in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great collaboration with other departments, independent

Cons

fast paced environment can be stressful at times

Rue Gilt Groupe Response

We're thrilled to hear that you're enjoying your time at RGG! As you know, Collaborative is one of our values and we work to live by those values every day. If you're feeling stressed or overwhelmed at times, we encourage you to have an open conversation with your manager or a member of the People team so that we can support you and work together to find a solution. Lisa Rhodes, President & Chief Merchandising Officer

4. 5.0

Great place to work

Sep 12, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Young culture, fun, fast paced and lots of learning opportunities, flexible time off, room for growth

Cons

Salary, team structure varies, sometimes inconsistent business from top down review

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Very fast paced environment, not for wimps!

Feb 24, 2014 - Technology Based in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

I have been at Rue for two years. As the title says, this is a very fast paced environment and you will not succeed if you are not a self starter. It can sometimes be difficult to get help for a problem, their has been a corporate culture of not answering email although I think this is turning around. There have been some reorganizations and in some aspects that has also helped. There has been a terrible attrition problem, quite a few folks were burned out. Upper management has stated publicly that they have seen the problem and want to help solve it. The office environment is very vibrant and the location in Downtown (Fort Point) was a plus for me. For some it makes for a terrible commute. The management really does try to do things to make the employee's feel that they are recognized. I would say that Rue does this better than any company i have worked for.

Cons

As stated above it can be tough to get traction in the beginning. The corporate culture of not answering email does not help. If you really need an answer sometimes you are forced to have to go and interrupt someone which leads to a very interrupt prone environment. The environment can be very loud. Actually, it can be very, very loud. They need more smaller meeting rooms so that impromptu meetings don't have to take place talking over three cubicles. There is also a 'meeting culture' at the company. Things which could be hashed out in a few email exchanges are usually hashed out in meetings instead.

6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

VP

Aug 10, 2016 - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fun fast paced culture. Really focuses on growing individuals. Strong Technology team

Cons

Company performance is strong but still requires increased revenue growth.

1 person found this review helpful
  7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to grow, challenging.

Apr 5, 2014 - Database Administrator in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Challenging, fast paced, great people, culture, food, chance to work with different technologies and freedom to grow.

Cons

Not much room to advance, but definitely a great opportunity to get the experience needed to evolve your career. As the company grows this "con" will diminish.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Too many people involved with every decision

Nov 29, 2014 - Merchandising in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fast paced , smart people , fun business model

Cons

Becoming more political and corporate as company grows

2 people found this review helpful
  9. 2.0

Junior Graphic Designer - Boutiques

Mar 2, 2016 - Contract Junior Designer - Boutiques in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Fast paced environment that helps with time management.

Cons

- Everyone here was incredibly catty and with every situation it was more about who to shift blame on or be annoyed with, rather than just working as a team with the other departments. Most emails received by people was written in a "snobby" tone, rather than professional and helpful....the worst part was that these women prided themselves on that tone. - Brought in as a contractor, told that we're just as included as the full-timers. This was totally false, we were left out of the Holiday Parties, and just the general "full-time circle". An example of this is that the Rue employees pride themselves on making birthdays of Rue employees memorable, with decorating desks, special treats and a card signed by the whole department. Unfortunately I watched another contractor's birthday get completely forgotton, and when I asked about it the response was "well she's not full-time, so it's not really the same".....basically contractors are not valued the same.

11 people found this review helpful
  10. 4.0

Great Culture

Aug 10, 2021 - Graphic Designer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great culture, people really care about your career and success. Lots of perks in the office like free food and surprises.

Cons

Very fast paced environment and a lot of work turn over. Must be prepared to stay motivated and work very hard every day.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 10 Reviews

Popular Careers with Rue Gilt Groupe Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Rue Gilt Groupe? Share Your Experiences

Rue Gilt Groupe Careers

Cover image for Rue Gilt Groupe

Hear about Rue Gilt Groupe - what we do, how we're growing, and who we are - the people and culture behind the brand!More

• RGG Gives Back
  • Diversity

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

4 days ago

Careers
RGG’s very own Nacie Pereira, Director, Learning and Development, recently sat down with Built In Boston for a conversation on how to make skip-level meetings impactful for both contributors. Take a peek at the full article to read why we at RGG think of these collaborative meetings as great opportunities for expanding perspectives, building relationships, and surfacing information that can spark impactful insights.
Shared image - How to Make Skip-Level Meetings Unmissable
How to Make Skip-Level Meetings Unmissable
www.builtinboston.com

10 days ago

Community
At RGG, where helping is always in style, Associates gathered in our Boston, NYC, and Irvine offices for our annual Volunteer Day earlier this week. Together, we packaged more than 600 personal care kits for our unhoused neighbors in need. For this day of service, we partnered with Pine Street Inn in Boston, Food Bank for New York City, and Human Options in Irvine to give back and truly live our values of kindness and collaboration. Community outreach representatives from the three organizations joined us to share more about their missions to help the unhoused and how their personal care kit packing programs help their efforts. Following the presentation, we worked together to pack the 600+ kits and create cards with kind words of encouragement to go in each of them. See pictures below of the RGG Associate volunteers in action!
Shared image

Rue Gilt Groupe Photos

+ Add Photo
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: 2015 Values Award Winners representing Rue's Core Values
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Human Resources - here to help!
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Our Kentucky Distribution Center
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Clean, organized + comfortable home office setup?✔️ #lifeatrgg
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: #MondayMotivation featuring Wilfried in Technology!
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Happy Fruit Friday 🍍
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: All of our photo shoots are done in-house in our Boston and Kentucky offices!

Expert Career Advice