KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Rue Gilt Groupe Employee Reviews about "gilt"

Updated Sep 21, 2021

Found 26 of over 706 reviews

Rue Gilt Groupe CEO Mark McWeeny
Mark McWeeny

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Rue Gilt Groupe and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "gilt"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Pretty Good Place

Jan 29, 2014 - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gilt has a great work life balance. There are unlimited vacation days. You can usually work an 8 hour day. The office space is modern and open. Lots of really smart people work there.

Cons

It's not a super inspiring place to work. Priorities tend to shift often. There has been a good deal of turnover. It's not your dream job, but it's a decent place.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 4.0
    Former Employee

The best and worst of times

Jul 10, 2016 - Marketing
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gilt has the best culture - smart people, hard working people, and cooperation between teams. The opportunity to carve out your own career path, specifically in marketing, is significant - not sure how the acquisition will impact that over time. With the right manager you can learn a lot and a lot faster than other companies.

Cons

A lack of clear vision from leadership with the loudest voices often leading the conversation. Great people undervalued and overlooked on an ongoing basis, which is why the best talent is always out the door.

1 person found this review helpful
  3. 2.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Total lack of supervisory support

Jul 29, 2012 - Customer Support in Portland, OR
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Great snack room -Awesome products on website with employee discount

Cons

Gilt Groupe uses a number of offices to staff their customer service operations as well as a work from home team. I was a member of this work from home group who consistently lacked management support on basic issues. Technical difficulties we constant and the IT support from the home office was both rude and unhelpful. Some of the supervisors are smart, competent people but their intelligence was overshadowed by their utter disregard for the needs of their employees. Additionally, the in-house and work from home team were treated differently on a number of occasions.

4. 1.0

Rue la blah

Jun 12, 2018 - Marketing Associate in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Meh food? And semi-decent people ? Sometimes lol

Cons

Everything. They’re a hot mess! They fired me for working to hard, caring about deadlines and for leaving at an appropriate time at 5pm. They’re a high school sweatshop tbh I hope this gilt acquisition pays off. Also being one of the few POC in the marketing department SUCKS

19 people found this review helpful
  5. 4.0

Human Resources

Nov 2, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

At Gilt your ideas are heard and everyone from entry level to the CEO has a seat at the table. People with hustle and grit are encouraged to work hard and often see the reward from doing so. It is a collaborative environment which allows you to learn about various areas of the business and work cross-functionally. Having the ability to partner closely with senior leaders across the organization, including Michelle Peluso, was the biggest takeaway for me from my time at Gilt.

Cons

Pros definitely outweigh any cons I would have. I think the one thing that stands out is the lack of work life balance in all areas of the organization. Employees are often expected to be available 7 days a week and to reply to any inquiries or business needs even when out of the office. Learning how to manage this is important in the Gilt culture but it is also a great place to get your hands dirty and learn a ton.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0

Buyer

Mar 1, 2018 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Gilt was an amazing place to work prior to the HBC merge. Creativity and new business approach was supported.

Cons

HBC really ruined the creative and inspiring culture and scaled back on employee benefits.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Not for the faint of heart.

Apr 12, 2012 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Employee Discount - No set vacation allotment. If you have no big projects or deadlines(which will never happen), you can take a few days/week whenever you like. - The shriek of wonder, excitement and jealousy people make when you tell them you work at Gilt. - Most people look great and are well dressed(also a con... see below) - Lots of young staff in their 20's(also a con... see below)

Cons

- 1 direction - Make more money. - 0 focus. Multitasking is an understatement. Grow two more arms before sending in your resume. - Upper management plays favorites when it comes to promotions and praise. - phony, catty, Queeny(capital Q) environment. - You'll be worked to the BONE, please don't misunderstand this. Your life?... belongs to Gilt. - Company morale that you should 'just be happy' because you work for Gilt. - Don't expect your manager to be present, active, engaged or frankly even care about your growth or learning. - Colleagues WILL take credit for your hard work/contributions. - People look great, yes, but are often superficial. There's usually a random diet or cleanse people are on. - Young staff is high energy, but also inexperienced. Some initiatives would run smoother if new college grads weren't steering the ship. - High turnover, even on the upper level. - Very few windows... so you wont realize two days have gone by and you've never left your desk. - This list will grow... everyday at Noon EST!

5 people found this review helpful
  8. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Gilt is gone.

Jul 19, 2017 - Merchandising in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

The team of people who helped build Gilt.

Cons

HBC corporate management has diluted the soul of what Gilt stood for. The energy, the excitement of being a part of something that sought to offer customers a new retail experience evaporated with the new management placed by HBC.

3 people found this review helpful
  9. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Perfect for part-time work for Students

Jun 27, 2017 - Customer Service Representative in Limerick, Limerick
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Flexible work hours - Positive work environment - Strong training and development within role - Close location to university - Excellent software and network - great response time for technical issues and outages

Cons

- Very few opportunities for development within other areas of Gilt Groupe - CS is very much an Island of its own. - Poor incentives and rewards for long term employment and senior staff

10. 3.0

Great Company Going Through Growing Pains

Jan 22, 2016 - Curator
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people working at Gilt City are a really smart and energetic bunch. Everyone liked to work hard and play hard. Lots of perks from working so closely with great brands in NYC and good employee discount.

Cons

Lots of growing pains transitioning from a start-up to a more established company. Putting in more senior management and more leadership roles had some negative effects on the overall morale.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 26 Reviews

Popular Careers with Rue Gilt Groupe Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Rue Gilt Groupe? Share Your Experiences

Rue Gilt Groupe Careers

Cover image for Rue Gilt Groupe

Hear about Rue Gilt Groupe - what we do, how we're growing, and who we are - the people and culture behind the brand!More

• RGG Gives Back
  • Diversity

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

4 days ago

Community
At RGG, where helping is always in style, Associates gathered in our Boston, NYC, and Irvine offices for our annual Volunteer Day earlier this week. Together, we packaged more than 600 personal care kits for our unhoused neighbors in need. For this day of service, we partnered with Pine Street Inn in Boston, Food Bank for New York City, and Human Options in Irvine to give back and truly live our values of kindness and collaboration. Community outreach representatives from the three organizations joined us to share more about their missions to help the unhoused and how their personal care kit packing programs help their efforts. Following the presentation, we worked together to pack the 600+ kits and create cards with kind words of encouragement to go in each of them. See pictures below of the RGG Associate volunteers in action!
Shared image

18 days ago

Culture
Our Associates at Shop Premium Outlets, A Simon Digital Marketplace, are officially settled into their new Irvine, California office and are absolutely loving the space! From the collaborative group work areas and floor-to-ceiling windows that let in the gorgeous California sun, to standing desks and our classic office gumball machine for a quick sugary treat, the Irvine office is a great place for SPO Associates to spark delight for our Members and themselves. Take a peek at some of our new work spaces in the photos below! Interested in joining our team in Cali? Click the link to view our open roles!
Shared image - Careers @ Rue Gilt Groupe
Careers @ Rue Gilt Groupe
careers.ruegiltgroupe.com

Rue Gilt Groupe Photos

+ Add Photo
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: 2015 Values Award Winners representing Rue's Core Values
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Human Resources - here to help!
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Our Kentucky Distribution Center
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Clean, organized + comfortable home office setup?✔️ #lifeatrgg
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: #MondayMotivation featuring Wilfried in Technology!
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: Happy Fruit Friday 🍍
Rue Gilt Groupe photo of: All of our photo shoots are done in-house in our Boston and Kentucky offices!

Expert Career Advice